Day 1 on Regal - early impressions and CC!

ian441672

I have been on 15 princess cruises and have never heard of club class. How does one achieve this and what are the perks?

It's new

You pay for it

A quick good search will pop up both Princess' blurb on it and many posts on Cruise Critic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been on 15 princess cruises and have never heard of club class. How does one achieve this and what are the perks?

Are you Elite?

Happy cruising and good health in 2017, God willing.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Are you Elite?

Happy cruising and good health in 2017, God willing.

YES !!! I will be on my 16th cruise in just a whisker over 5 weeks. First time at Elite. 17th cruise will be in April. I think the perk of being Elite I am looking forward to the most, is the special line at the passenger service desk for elites.

Edited by Daniel1313

YES !!! I will be on my 16th cruise in just a whisker over 5 weeks. First time at Elite. 17th cruise will be in April. I think the perk of being Elite I am looking forward to the most, is the special line at the passenger service desk for elites.

Congrats on making it to Elite. Priority tender boarding is another good perk.... special line and tendering before other PAX. :)

Check out Club Class. You will be pampered and given special priveledges, with even more perks as Elites.

Enjoy your Elite status, and God willing, good health in 2017.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

The special line is underappreciated, IMO. It's not as sexy as free laundry :) but I have really loved it a few times when the other line has been 20 people long!

The special line is underappreciated, IMO. It's not as sexy as free laundry :) but I have really loved it a few times when the other line has been 20 people long!

We were screamed at by a passenger on the Regal last April who was in in the regular line when we were called forward from the Elite line before them, even though they'd been there longer.

People can get real hostile.

On the Grand it is set up better because the Elite line is opposite the regular line. On the Regal, the line was immediately next to the regular line, making for an uncomfortable feeling [emoji19]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are on the Regal or Royal next year, they are actually doing away with the Owner's Suite designation. However, if it is those same cabins, they are aft and they have wonderful wrap around balconies. The balcony sizes though vary significantly by deck. We were in one on Aloha deck and the balcony was very narrow and the chaise lounges were sideways - toe to toe. But other decks (such as Dolphin) have very wide balconies. The deck plan in the atlas does show which decks have the wider deck and I would recommend that you go for one of those if available. Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise on the Regal!

When we booked our cruise on the Regal, they called our cabin an Owner's Suite. Then recently I saw it was renamed a Penthouse Suite. I think that's a bit confusing because the ones on the starboard and port sides that are also called Penthouse Suites are smaller and have tiny balconies compared to the aft suites. We booked one of the aft ones on Dolphin deck and it looks like a good size cabin and has a huge balcony. Wonder if the OP is in one of the side suites?

Edited by Go-Bucks!

When we booked our cruise on the Regal, they called our cabin an Owner's Suite. Then recently I saw it was renamed a Penthouse Suite. I think that's a bit confusing because the ones on the starboard and port sides that are also called Penthouse Suites are smaller and have tiny balconies compared to the aft suites. We booked one of the aft ones on Dolphin deck and it looks like a good size cabin and has a huge balcony. Wonder if the OP is in one of the side suites?

Hi. I am towards the aft end of Regal in a penthouse suite, 3 down from the concierge lounge, R604. Earlier on for our next cruise on Criown, I booked an 'Owners Suite' (she still called it that, though I see it is changing) which is at the very rear of the ship on the outer edge, with a wrap around balcony. This is situated next to a slightly smaller Penthouse suite. On my Alaskan cruise this was triple length balcony, but was still smaller than the Grand Suite, which occupied the whole of the other side of the aft of the ship!

CC dinner was busiest so far, and I was taken to an area I didn't know existed, 'beyond the pillar' to reveal another CC area double to the one we were seated at so far this week. Felt like we were in the overflow area! Then I saw the Commodore sit down with 2 female guests, and the I realised if it's good enough for him . Special today was lobster Thermidor, yesterday it was pork loin and seared scallops. Food continues to be very good. Had suite balcony afternoon tea today, and again on of the better we have tasted.

Last day at sea tomorrow before part 1 ends, part 2 continues. Weather improving and hot. Entertainment good too, Bravo outstanding tonight, a sort of Popera type show, some good voices singing.

So far, so good.

Edited by ian441672

Hi. I am towards the aft end of Regal in a penthouse suite, 3 down from the concierge lounge, R604. Then I saw the Commodore sit down with 2 female guests, and the I realised if it's good enough for him ��

Commodore? I didn't know there is a Commodore onboard Princess ships.

Happy cruising and good health in 2017, if the Lord wills.

Thanks for posting all the CC dining info - very helpful. I may have missed it but there is no mention of which Regal Princess Dining Room is designated for Club Class Dining. Is CC dining in deck 6 mid-ship Concerto MDR - or other? Also - for ID purposes - any CC designation on the cruise card - or just the usual stuff?

Commodore? I didn't know there is a Commodore onboard Princess ships.

Happy cruising and good health in 2017, if the Lord wills.

Yes! Not sure how many there are though. One our first cruise on Ruby, good old captain Tony Yeoman left the ship half way through our 2 week sail to hand over to a Commodore, but that is the only other time. Our current one was introduced as the Commodore of the entire fleet, so perhaps he is the only one.

Thanks for posting all the CC dining info - very helpful. I may have missed it but there is no mention of which Regal Princess Dining Room is designated for Club Class Dining. Is CC dining in deck 6 mid-ship Concerto MDR - or other? Also - for ID purposes - any CC designation on the cruise card - or just the usual stuff?

Hi, yes, it is in the MDR on deck 6, starboard side (I think!). You will see the sign and the line for non CC. They have a laminate which when you give your stateroom number, they cross off. They didn't ask for my cruise card, just room number. There is no CC designation, just suite/loyalty level. Hope that helps.

Thanks.

:confused:

We were screamed at by a passenger on the Regal last April who was in in the regular line when we were called forward from the Elite line before them, even though they'd been there longer.

People can get real hostile.

On the Grand it is set up better because the Elite line is opposite the regular line. On the Regal, the line was immediately next to the regular line, making for an uncomfortable feeling [emoji19]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were standing in the Elite line (with a couple of people behind us) patiently waiting for the "hand wave" and a man just walked up and stood at the counter in front of the rep. Those of us in line said, "excuse me, this is the line" and he turned around and said, "I'm Elite", we in line said, "so are we". He just turned back around and got the attention of the rep. Now that is RUDE!!

Guess he is more Elite than we are.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

:confused:

We were standing in the Elite line (with a couple of people behind us) patiently waiting for the "hand wave" and a man just walked up and stood at the counter in front of the rep. Those of us in line said, "excuse me, this is the line" and he turned around and said, "I'm Elite", we in line said, "so are we". He just turned back around and got the attention of the rep. Now that is RUDE!!

Guess he is more Elite than we are.

They really ought to mark the preferred side a little better with hanging signs from the ceiling so that people in the rear can see which line to get behind.

One sign just doesn't work well.

Hi, yes, it is in the MDR on deck 6, starboard side (I think!). You will see the sign and the line for non CC. They have a laminate which when you give your stateroom number, they cross off. They didn't ask for my cruise card, just room number. There is no CC designation, just suite/loyalty level. Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Ian - Thanks for the info - glad it's the mid-ship Concerto MDR.