What improvements would you like to see in Staterooms?

linanles

Not actually an improvement to the cabin itself but I'd like to see a lot less junk mail delivered to my room.

Amen.

We knew a gentleman by our town who once had an old fashioned mailbox (with the pull door and no lock) erected about 15+ feet high. The box was tilted downwards with the door completely open and held on only by the hinges. He labeled the mailbox "JUNK MAIL".

I think of that every day when my cabin mailbox is crammed with cruise ship junk mail about shopping, wine tastings, spa specials and other things that we are not going to participate in (AKA: pay for) outside of our budgeted plans.

I

Outlets with USB ports as pictured would be a great improvment. Why they didn't add them in the Royal and Regal builds is beyond me. The electronics I bring are far more entertaining than the dancing fountains or Skywalk. You would think all of the cruise lines would get the message after reading all of the post about brining yards and yards of extension cords and power strips. A love seat in all rooms like they have on Celebrity and Royal caribbean would be better than the single chair and the round table that is always in the way no matter where you move it to.

I would like to see COMFORTABLE deck chairs return to the balcony cabins. I'm guessing they "updated" with uncomfortable furniture to keep you from spending too much time there, and to get you out spending money elsewhere in the ship. I don't plan to pay the extra for a balcony in the future unless it is a screaming deal :mad:.

The worrying thing about the junk mail is that some people must actually get sucked in by it and spend money on it.

After all, they've been dishing it out for a long while now and if it wasn't worth their while they should have tweeked by now.

How you can save money buy buying something you had no intention of buying when you boarded?

I'd like more Handicapped Accessible staterooms in Oceanview or Window Suite.

A friend who cruised in a Suite on the Sea Princess advised me that the balcony door is very heavy glass and I probably wouldn't be able to manage it with my Rollator. I have sailed in a Window Suite, very nice but only the Caribbean, Golden and Grand Princess have these Suites. I've been checking the individual deck plans, think the Coral, Crown, Regal, Royal and Majestic Princess do not have Handicapped Accessible Oceanview, indeed I think the last 3 do not have any Oceanview Staterooms. Once the Dawn Princess leaves, my year round choices will be the Sea or Sun Princess or the Golden if visiting. I think the Emerald also has a Handicapped Accessible Oceanview stateroom. I don't want to pay the price for a balcony unless I can safely and independently get out on the balcony to enjoy it!

As the population is ageing, it does seem reasonable that future provision be made. Of course I have absolutely no knowledge of what Princess Cruises future plans are.

I'd like more Handicapped Accessible staterooms in Oceanview or Window Suite.

A friend who cruised in a Suite on the Sea Princess advised me that the balcony door is very heavy glass and I probably wouldn't be able to manage it with my Rollator. I have sailed in a Window Suite, very nice but only the Caribbean, Golden and Grand Princess have these Suites. I've been checking the individual deck plans, think the Coral, Crown, Regal, Royal and Majestic Princess do not have Handicapped Accessible Oceanview, indeed I think the last 3 do not have any Oceanview Staterooms. Once the Dawn Princess leaves, my year round choices will be the Sea or Sun Princess or the Golden if visiting. I think the Emerald also has a Handicapped Accessible Oceanview stateroom. I don't want to pay the price for a balcony unless I can safely and independently get out on the balcony to enjoy it!

As the population is ageing, it does seem reasonable that future provision be made. Of course I have absolutely no knowledge of what Princess Cruises future plans are.

I totally agree! Why no Handicapped Accessible Oceanview staterooms? When they do have some, they are all obstructed, why?

Also it would be nice if the entry door was automatic so that someone in a wheelchair or scooter could enter by themselves without someone holding open the door.

Also it would be nice if the entry door was automatic so that someone in a wheelchair or scooter could enter by themselves without someone holding open the door.

We were on NCL Breakaway in 2015. Their accessible cabins have automatic doors. Absolutely great feature. Even the public accessible bathrooms had automatic doors.

We were on NCL Breakaway in 2015. Their accessible cabins have automatic doors. Absolutely great feature. Even the public accessible bathrooms had automatic doors.

Good to hear. Next a remote for those auto doors would be fantastic.

I totally agree! Why no Handicapped Accessible Oceanview staterooms? When they do have some, they are all obstructed, why?

Why so few handicapped staterooms anyway.

Even just a wider doorway would help.

Did my ankle day before I departed last cruise so took a walking frame, but even it wouldn't fit through the door.

There are a lot of good suggestions here. What is very obvious is that many people are dissatisfied with the bathroom. If you have a look when in there the bathroom in most cases consists of one molded fiberglass shell so any changes mean that the whole bathroom has to be replaced and that won't happen very often in the life of the ship.

Wouldn't it be nice if Princess sent out a guest questionnaire prior to designing any new ships and incorporate the features most people want.

Usually the questionnaires sent to past guests are directed at services experienced on board and as far as I can remember leave no where to add recommendations for improvements to physical features.

Put the light switch for the bathroom inside the bathroom so one could close the door before turning on the light and thus not disturb another who is sleeping.

Unfortunately due to the size of the bathroom not the best idea. I'm a bit surprised that they have a shaver outlet in there.

Put the light switch for the bathroom inside the bathroom so one could close the door before turning on the light and thus not disturb another who is sleeping.

Problem is you would also be turning off the light before leaving the bathroom. Thus the Medical Centre would be swamped 24/7 with people who in the dark forgot about the step down coming out and face-planted themselves into the closet.

It is actually very common in hotels worldwide--except for the USA of course--for the light switch to be just outside the door. After a day it seems quite logical.

Problem is you would also be turning off the light before leaving the bathroom. Thus the Medical Centre would be swamped 24/7 with people who in the dark forgot about the step down coming out and face-planted themselves into the closet.

It is actually very common in hotels worldwide--except for the USA of course--for the light switch to be just outside the door. After a day it seems quite logical.

Hmmm....Here's an idea, How about a night light like they have on Celebrity ships? Outlets and night lights....This isn't rocket science and it's not asking for the world.

Edited by Iamcruzin

My suggestion is incredibly dumb, but we would like it.

We enjoy the Love Boat rerun channel whenever having a rest in the room. But on our last 2 cruises, they only showed a very small (6?) shows on rerun and they just repeated. They should change the rotation! That show ran for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My suggestion is incredibly dumb, but we would like it.

We enjoy the Love Boat rerun channel whenever having a rest in the room. But on our last 2 cruises, they only showed a very small (6?) shows on rerun and they just repeated. They should change the rotation! That show ran for years.

LOL! I thought the same thing the last time I was on a cruise. :)

Wouldn't it be nice if Princess sent out a guest questionnaire prior to designing any new ships and incorporate the features most people want.

Usually the questionnaires sent to past guests are directed at services experienced on board and as far as I can remember leave no where to add recommendations for improvements to physical features.

If they did that the ship would never be built.

more likely

the-homer-inline2.jpg

search?q=the+homer&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwio7qfZu7vRAhVHupQKHQ7tDz8Q_AUICCgB&biw=1920&bih=947#imgrc=lDYkwUumtO5OvM%3A