What improvements would you like to see in Staterooms?

linanles

After taking along chargers for phones and cameras and power adapters to allow them to be plugged into foreign sockets which clutter up the limited desk space wouldn't it be good if there were a few wall USB charging sockets in each room. Something like this one that also includes multi-standard power plugs and at less than US$4 it wouldn't cost much to fit.

ZC39302-D-6-6.jpg

As the TVs are going to be replaced with touch screens for the Medallion Class I would like to see HDMI and USB inputs so that I can review the photos and videos I take while away.

What low cost improvements would you like to see?

Something like this one that also includes multi-standard power plugs and at less than US$4 it wouldn't cost much to fit.

I would love to see something like this too however even at $4 each there are 18 ships and thousands of cabins to retrofit. A lot of $$$.

An easy to see clock with an alarm.

Electric outlet(s) by the bed.

A way to completely turn heat or air off in order to be able to keep balcony door open.

Additional hooks on the walls to hang things.

Better TV service in the cabin - some lines are good and others are terrible.

Really decent light to apply makeup.

The PowerPoint shown in op would be nice each side if the bed, a shower you can fit in with a screen would be nice, when we started sailing most cabins had a sofa the return if that would be nice. A fridge that actually got things cold.

Not actually an improvement to the cabin itself but I'd like to see a lot less junk mail delivered to my room.

I think just about everyone would. I guess the Medallion Class will mean the junk mail will be distributed to your smartphone, tablet or in room TV instead of on paper. Hopefully you will then be able to turn that feature off although I doubt it as they will want increased revenue to pay for the new system.

After taking along chargers for phones and cameras and power adapters to allow them to be plugged into foreign sockets which clutter up the limited desk space wouldn't it be good if there were a few wall USB charging sockets in each room. Something like this one that also includes multi-standard power plugs and at less than US$4 it wouldn't cost much to fit.

ZC39302-D-6-6.jpg

As the TVs are going to be replaced with touch screens for the Medallion Class I would like to see HDMI and USB inputs so that I can review the photos and videos I take while away.

What low cost improvements would you like to see?

Not sure if you or anyone else has ever checked the back side of the tv, but there is usually 1 or 2 usb ports on there that on the first day I plug in the cord to my camera and phone and set them on the counter the tv is on and can charge whenever I plug into those cords. Not that, that would change the adapter problem but is a way to get 1-2 more electronics charging. But those outlets you have shown would be nice...

I would also like for a light inside the little closet area that could turn on with the overhead light for easier time looking into the shelving unit where the safe is located and under the life jacket shelf.

-Kyser

I would like to see all ships have showers like the Royal and Regal with the little ledge and hand held shower. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think everyone would like to see that but that would be an expensive thing to do.

Not sure if you or anyone else has ever checked the back side of the tv, but there is usually 1 or 2 usb ports on there that on the first day I plug in the cord to my camera and phone and set them on the counter the tv is on and can charge whenever I plug into those cords.-Kyser

Thanks Kyser,

I hadn't thought of that. What a good idea.

Shower improvement, larger and with a door and shelf.

TV's - how about a modern TV and interactive on ALL ships and better viewing options, especially when you just want normal network type news. Oh, a usable TV guide would be great too!.

Not such a skinny electrical outlet to fit larger plugs without blocking the light switch

Lessen the gap between Royal class cabin and the rest, the difference is very noticeable.

Replace the round glass-top table with an oval or rectangular one with height adjustment. Even in the inside and oceanview cabins without a sitting area.

A light in the closet area that can be turned on & off independently of the other cabin lights.

While I am a technophobe, other lines are putting USB charging points in their new builds so I concede Princess should be too.

And one I am personally ambivalent about but has come up before: a lid for the garbage "pail" under the bathroom sink.

I would like to see all ships have showers like the Royal and Regal with the little ledge and hand held shower. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How nice would this be. I really liked the ledge in the shower on the Regal.

I would also like a plug in the bathroom that would fit a standard blow dryer plug.