Photo Package

2cmu92

Maybe on other Princess ships. That was not my experience on Island Princess.

In fact I tried to buy a photo of a passenger and her daughter as a gift- no go, Photo Staff said I could not buy the photo without her consent. Couldn't even buy and have Princess Staff deliver to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do it all the time. I buy pictures of other family members as gifts or even because they don't like it but I do. The Island included.

I do it all the time. I buy pictures of other family members as gifts or even because they don't like it but I do. The Island included.

This was not a family member. I can see how it would be creepy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In fact I tried to buy a photo of a passenger and her daughter as a gift- no go, Photo Staff said I could not buy the photo without her consent. Couldn't even buy and have Princess Staff deliver to her.

How does the photo staff even know that the photo is of a person not in your cabin or not related to you?

We got the $199 package on our 10 day mexican last year. While we didn't make the $.02 club, we did make the less than a dollar club. And we weren't even trying hard.

This time there are 3 of us in the suite, on a 15 day. Bet we can get it down to a quarter!

How does the photo staff even know that the photo is of a person not in your cabin or not related to you?

Remember during embarkation when they take a photo of you before they assign you your card?

That's how they know who is in each cabin and who is traveling together.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe because of the child?

Surprised they didn't just take the money but as a parent I guess that's good. I know you were doing a nice thing and the family would have appreciated it. So bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We leave in 3 weeks on the Caribbean Princess. We have 2 insides with my son and I in one cabin and my wife and daughter in the next cabin. So if we wanted the 99$ photo package would we have to buy 2 of those? 1 for each cabin. Or could we get it for one cabin and be set? Most photos we take would be the 4 of us.

Remember during embarkation when they take a photo of you before they assign you your card?

That's how they know who is in each cabin and who is traveling together.

When you use your cruise card to pay for something, they can display your photo, the one connected to your cruise card, not anyone else you are traveling with.

We leave in 3 weeks on the Caribbean Princess. We have 2 insides with my son and I in one cabin and my wife and daughter in the next cabin. So if we wanted the 99$ photo package would we have to buy 2 of those? 1 for each cabin. Or could we get it for one cabin and be set? Most photos we take would be the 4 of us.

When my family did this a couple of years ago, they allowed both cabins on the package because we were Husband/wife. (my parents were in a separate cabin and they had to have one of us in the picture in order to get those.) I would ask, but I assume they would still do the same thing again.

If you buy the photo package, when you take your photos to the register, how do they know you have purchased the package so you are not charged for the photos?:eek:

I would think that once you buy the package it is assigned to your card and the photo office will see that.

Thanks for the info-- I will be asking to get some in RAW so I can process to my preference before converting to JPEG.

Unless something has changed recently, I believe the photographers only shoot JPEG, so the RAW files would not available. I had asked one of the photographers last year and he said they only shoot JPEG to minimize/avoid post processing and to save space.

If you can get the RAW files, please let us know.

Unless something has changed recently, I believe the photographers only shoot JPEG, so the RAW files would not available. I had asked one of the photographers last year and he said they only shoot JPEG to minimize/avoid post processing and to save space.

If you can get the RAW files, please let us know.

My apologies, I confused an Excursion stick with the Princess stick (don't ask), the Cruise Photos are JPG, but they are rather large, I did have to compress to post in some social media platforms.

I have hundreds, literally 100's, of photos from the Island Princess Panama Canal Grand Adventure, including sticks from my Excursion. Sorry for the confusion! [emoji32]

• 2 weeks later...

After a good talk with my TA and letting them question Princess.... I was able to get the All Inclusive Photos added to my cruise for Dec 19 - Jan 3.... It was a bit of a hassle as my TA's rep said it was on there and my TA saying "No its not and here are the screen shots to prove it." So I was able to add it on to my 15 day cruise.... Now I am pretty excited for my holiday even more....