Photo Package

2cmu92

A couple of questions:

1) To those that purchased the $199 (99) deal, did you need to bring your own thumb drive to get the digital pictures or did they furnish a drive for you?

2) There have been more than a handful of posts indicating that there is package is available on a ship (I know I saw it on a Royal Platter) for ONLY $49. So, is it worth rolling the dice to get the package once one boards for $49? We'll be on the Royal in February. From the posts, it sounds like it's a trial balloon that Princess is running on a few ships.

TIA

Wow $49? Maybe a 5 or 7 day cruise?

$99 pre pay for a 15 day is phenomenal as far as my limited experience.

The photo shoots are part of the Fun. You get so much Entertainment with your friends/family it really is a must do on the Cruise. The several families I encountered were laughing and joking and posing together at every background.

My input would be grab the pre-pay and if you get on board with a $49 deal ask for a credit. Don't roll the dice and risk $199, that extra money could be a nice dinner at Bayou!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A couple of questions:

1) To those that purchased the $199 (99) deal, did you need to bring your own thumb drive to get the digital pictures or did they furnish a drive for you?

2) There have been more than a handful of posts indicating that there is package is available on a ship (I know I saw it on a Royal Platter) for ONLY $49. So, is it worth rolling the dice to get the package once one boards for $49? We'll be on the Royal in February. From the posts, it sounds like it's a trial balloon that Princess is running on a few ships.

TIA

When you purchase the package on board, the charge showed up as two charges - one for $189 for the photos, and one for $10 for the thumb drive. I doubt they will waive the $10 if you provide your own thumb drive.

I know they are testing various price points and methods for the photo package. A positive about the $99 pre-order deal is, it is fully refundable up to 72 hours before departure. I know when I have pre-reserved excursions, and then there is a sale, I have always been able to cancel and rebook at the lower price. I decided to pre-pay the photo package for an upcoming cruise, and then if a better deal comes along, I can always cancel and re-buy. If there is no better deal, I feel the $99 price is an excellent one.

Wow $49? Maybe a 5 or 7 day cruise?

$99 pre pay for a 15 day is phenomenal as far as my limited experience.

The photo shoots are part of the Fun. You get so much Entertainment with your friends/family it really is a must do on the Cruise. The several families I encountered were laughing and joking and posing together at every background.

My input would be grab the pre-pay and if you get on board with a $49 deal ask for a credit. Don't roll the dice and risk $199, that extra money could be a nice dinner at Bayou!

It was on a 10 day that the $49 was offered. It's also been more than once. Honestly, I'm out at $199, on the fence at $99 and in at $49. I see your strategy and thought the same. It's a risk of $50 or no pics. And sure I'm saving $100 by prepaying, but saving more with the deal...

And to those saying, well you're on vacation, yeah, but it's fun for me to get deals anyway.

Thanks though.

It was on a 10 day that the $49 was offered. It's also been more than once. Honestly, I'm out at $199, on the fence at $99 and in at $49. I see your strategy and thought the same. It's a risk of $50 or no pics. And sure I'm saving $100 by prepaying, but saving more with the deal...

And to those saying, well you're on vacation, yeah, but it's fun for me to get deals anyway.

Thanks though.

I feel you and the Deal! My only caution to you, for the Grand Adventures, like Panama Canal Full Transit, you really owe it to yourself to get as many photos as possible.

Unless you are going on your 20th cruise, this part is wonderful.

I am secretly rooting for a $49 deal for your sailing!!!

Thanks though.

Right. When it is $49 on a ship or sailing, I will not pay $199 for the same package.

I'm good at $99 -- like others, $199 is more than I'm interested in, especially since my taste doesn't generally run towards the backgrounds and props they use. But this trip, we are traveling with friends, celebrating some special occasions, so I'm more interested in some of the fun traditional cruise shots than I normally would be. And this way, I can just enjoy going for each photo op, and not worry I will fall in love with more than I can afford to get -- which happened on my last cruise (they never took a photo of the whole family except on one occasion, and only because I insisted. Ended up being the only photo I bought.)

Last cruise I spent around $600 on pictures with the my two grandkids and DH. This is a screaming deal with 4 grandkids. My biggest issue is the two cabins. I asked about that at Princess and they said to go to the photo guys and explain that you are a group in two cabins and that you paid for both cabins.

I called Princess because it only let you buy the "package" and not per person. It is per cabin. $200 is a screaming deal.

We'll see how it works out.

Edited by notentirelynormal

I paid for 5 cabins (two cabins had grandchildren in them). When I wanted to buy the $199.00, was told even though I paid for those cabins , only ours worked on the package. My kids and grandkids photos had to have us in it to include in package. Then the manager said the minors could be included in our package. Still didn't work for us. We did get the zip drive and all photos we purchased or the parents did, when paying they put it on my zip drive.So we still had all the photos we all purchased. There were lots we didn't buy and would have liked if we had bought the package.Really wasn't worth doing unless we could have had everyone included.

It was our 50th wedding anniversary.

Oh!! For a second I thought the individual photos were included!

Yes, I heard the same thing

As long as the purchaser is in the photo it's included.

Boo, I was excited for a moment for my next family vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far out is your cruise? I called today and the rep wasn't able to find the package to apply it to my cruise. Granted, it is over 300 days 'til I cruise. He wasn't sure why he couldn't get it on to my cruise and of course the website people aren't there today.

It is currently only $99 if I book pre Cruise...so I guess I should jump on this deal. It says all of the printed photos..not just 8...so I wonder if there is some small print. Do they use facial recognition, or simply your key card?

Great information--This is what I LOVE about Cruise Critic. We are sailing on the Regal in March and I was pouting because we weren't getting the $49 photo deal that is currently available on the Royal. I just checked the pricing for photos for our upcoming cruise and found the $99 discounted price. What a great deal! Thanks! No longer pouting.

I just called Princess to order the photo package for my upcoming cruise. My DH and I are in one cabin and my son and BFF are in another cabin. So I asked the rep how I should purchase it so that I could get photos of just my DS and also some family pictures since we are in two cabins. After almost and hour on hold she came back and said I can get pictures of just my DS even if I put the package in my name/cabin. I kind of find that hard to believe after seeing all of your experiences. So to be safe purchased it thru my DS cabin because I mainly want family pictures and some of DS by himself. Also as an added bonus my BFF can get some pics of herself if she would like, as I don't really need pictures of just my DH and I.

Edited by rnff2
spelling

I did the package deal a couple of years ago. My husband and son were in a cabin across the hall from our two daughters and myself (adult in each room ;) ). Anyway, the photo package was for all five of us. No problem. I told them our arrangements and they were fine with it. Now my parents, who were in another room, had to be in the picture with us in order to get any of them. We got lots of pictures and it worth it, even though it was regular price. For our upcoming cruise, I have already purchased the $99 and so glad I did! :D

Ok just got off Island Princess, paid $189 ($10discount for purchase first 3 days)

15 day Panama Canal Full Transit

Upon purchase you get a cute thumb drive in the shape of a ship, and all the photos you can find of yourself/family.

You grab the prints, go to the counter and hand over the photos and thumb drive. The photo staff loads it all up for you and gives it back with a folder containing all the prints.

These files are huge, raw files and transfer to all platforms super easy.

You get a release for all your photos so you can reprint in the future

The catch:

-You need to be aware of all the photos you are in, because there may not be enough staff to do a search of the entire evening.

-Don't miss debarkation at every Port, they wrap up about 11a, so if you don't have an excursion get off anyway to get the photo, they do have Green Screens on Casual Photo nights for each Port, but it's not the same.

I am extraordinarily pleased with the package I got, and highly recommend to any Cruiser. For $49 you can't miss this! Even $99 is a steal!

Have fun and enjoy, your Future Self will thank your Present Self!

I had to call because on the website it wouldn't allow me to add the photo package to my cart. I did look at a future booked cruise and that one shows "pre cruise exclusive: take all your photos for $99" but when I "view options" it's not there.

You should call on Monday when the internet people can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The $49 photo package on Royal ended as of Dec 30, 2016. We were on a back to back (20 and 30 sailing) and the 20rh had the $49 all-in photo package which we snapped up right away at embarkation. The next sailing, 30th, we received a letter in our stateroom telling us the package was going up to $199 and that if we purchased for the next sailing on the 29th, they would extend to $49 deal. Otherwise, it would be same price as everyone else. All of us who had purchased that package and were doing the back to back received that letter.

The next sailing, 9th January, packages were $199 if purchased onboard....looks like that may be the going rate... So a $99 sale is pretty good.

Just so Im understanding correctly, I pre-purchase for 99.00. I have my mom in my cabin with me and my brother and his wife next door. Me or my mom have to be in the photo for it to be included? My brother and his wife cannot take one of just the 2 of them, one of us has to be included? More importantly, once I board the Royal I can change my mind and ask for a refund? If they offer the 49.00 deal, I can request the difference or get a refund and rebuy at 49.00?