cancelling cruise

mmckm

If anyone is interested the Mar. 30 to Apr.9 cruise we are cancelling today. We have a suite B735 on the aft of the ship, it is voyage #1710. Will be cancelling after 12 noon today as this is final payment day.

Ft. Lauderdale , ship the Royal, you have the voyage #and date thats all you should need to get the information off there web site.

You have been posting on the Princess boards long enough to know that unlike some of the luxury lines and UK based ones it is definitely NOT customary to simply post the voyage number on here and assume everyone knows which ship and date you are talking about.

And how do you propose to simply "hand off" your cabin to a random screen name (presumably the highest bidder)? For full suites on a Caribbean cruise during the height of spring break there is almost certainly a waiting list; your cruise will go to the next name on it.

You have been posting on the Princess boards long enough to know that unlike some of the luxury lines and UK based ones it is definitely NOT customary to simply post the voyage number on here and assume everyone knows which ship and date you are talking about.

And how do you propose to simply "hand off" your cabin to a random screen name (presumably the highest bidder)? For full suites on a Caribbean cruise during the height of spring break there is almost certainly a waiting list; your cruise will go to the next name on it.

Geez, so ignore the post. The person is just letting the other folks know that a suite is about to come available.

If anyone is interested the Mar. 30 to Apr.9 cruise we are cancelling today. We have a suite B735 on the aft of the ship, it is voyage #1710. Will be cancelling after 12 noon today as this is final payment day.

What ship?????

It's a nice thought but there's most certainly a wait list already and the cabin will automatically fall to the first person on the list.

Apparently there was no waitlist, I just checked online and that suite is open for booking on that date, in case anyone is still interested. (Royal, 10 days, March 30)

Princess's waitlists are notorious for not working well. Cabins will open up and they don't notify those on the waitlist. Always check on your own even if you are waitlisted for a cabin.

I don't think it's that one since the OP gave the dates as 30 Mar - 09 Apr which is only 10 days. The one you linked to is voyage code 1710A rather than 1710.

Yes, it had me confused from the beginning. I doubt we'll ever get back to the Caribbean again. We'll do the Panama Canal but we did not like the Caribbean.

I agree. No need for a lecture. The OP was only trying to be helpful.

Agree, I thought the post was uncalled for and quite rude. Regardless of whether there is a waiting list or not, the OP was giving a head's up to people on this board that a suite may become available. As for the tirade about using the cruise/itinerary number, likewise uncalled for. if someone is interested they will find it. I'm sure they can use their brains.

Edited by Aussieflyer

Thats why this site sucks sometimes is people like you. I was just trying to let people know that the cabin was becoming available and they could try and get it through Princess.

I can't believe you know all that about cruising but not that theirs not always a wait list.

OK I'm sorry you had to cancel your cruise, whatever the reason. But there is still no defense for the incredibly curt and condescending response you gave to those who simply asked for clarification:

Ft. Lauderdale , ship the Royal, you have the voyage #and date thats all you should need to get the information off there web site.

...which is all I was trying to point out. But thanks to your bump now I get to add the suggestion that you may want to ponder the etymology of the term "sucks" before tossing it off so casually in the future--assuming you are older than 12.

OK I'm sorry you had to cancel your cruise, whatever the reason. But there is still no defense for the incredibly curt and condescending response you gave to those who simply asked for clarification:

Well I got it!

The OP was obviously slightly sad that they had to forgo the current cruise, I know I would be and that is probably why the OP at the time thought there was enough information given. i know I make written mistakes sometimes.:)