where to book a very last minute cruise

tracey3171

was wanting to get a last minute cruise from monday or near to if possible, where is the best place to book very last minute.

i will be travelling solo, preferably from uk but dont mind flight if v. cheap.

costa coming up travel sites cannot always be trusted on price without ringing.

does anyone have any tips on where or how to get a really cheap deal, thanks

was wanting to get a last minute cruise from monday or near to if possible, where is the best place to book very last minute.

i will be travelling solo, preferably from uk but dont mind flight if v. cheap.

costa coming up travel sites cannot always be trusted on price without ringing.

does anyone have any tips on where or how to get a really cheap deal, thanks

Typically, when booking within 3 days of any given cruise, you have to call the cruise line directly.

its more because i need to get away not because of the price itself.

just want to get somewhere cheap.

thanks

Well, the cruise itself won't be that much cheaper. As a solo traveler you'll most likely be paying the single supplement fee (typically 100%).

Sometimes you can sign up on a cruise line's website to be notified for last minute fares/cruises. Don't know if those fares are cheaper, though.

its more because i need to get away not because of the price itself.

just want to get somewhere cheap.

thanks

Well if the goal is to get away and it is not just based on the price, than pick an itinerary, call the cruise line, and see what's available. But getting somewhere cheap is not assured simply because it is last minute, so don't count on that - more than likely that will not be the case.

It may be different in the UK but in North America we have always booked with an on line TA. The closest was three days prior to sail date. When we booked in Australia we called the cruise line's (RCI) Australian office directly.

Edited by iancal

Tracey- very little from the UK, as most ships are on World cruises or wintering in the warm, or doing a month to and from the Caribbean.

Try Thomson fly/cruise in the Canaries.

You can book until the list is closed, which is usually the day before but can still be open on the morning of the cruise, but it must be through either the cruise line or a TA.

Ventura leaves for 28 days on Wed, but there has been a wait list for weeks... friends were just accepted after ringing daily.

Google Cruise from Southampton.

Tracey:

Jan 18 NCL Gem 10 days NY to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Tortola and back to NY is on sale $529 inside, $599 oceanview

Jan 22 Carnival Splendour 7 days round trip Miami, eastern Caribbean inside $459, oceanview $544, Balcony $739

There is an Oceana Marina cruise on Jan 22 for 10 days roundtrip Miami starts at $2,699 balcony which is very inexpensive for this upscale line.

Jan 27 10 day Costa Delizioza round trip Ft. Lauderdale $753 oceanview

Jan 28 HAL Eurodam, 7 days round trip Ft. Lauderdale $599 inside, $759 Oceanview, $899 balcony

Jan 28 HAL Konigsdam (newest ship from 2016) 7 days round trip Ft. Lauderdale $749 inside, $799 oceanview, $1199 balcony, $1599 Suite

What I can tell you is that the prices for cruises going out of Ft. Lauderdale right now are much lower than those sailing from other ports with the exception of Galveston and New Orleans or those going out of places like Cartagena on old ships. I suspect this is due to the terrible shooting incident at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Probably that spooked a lot of people and they cancelled or changed their travel plans.

But that is where i would look for a quick cruise deal if you want to sail from the US.