Chicken and Waffles

Coreysgrl06

Just curious...this is what's posted on NCL.com

"O'Sheehan's Neighborhood Bar & Grill

Want to be the center of attention? The heart of 678 Ocean Place, O’Sheehan’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill offers classic American fare in a relaxed pub atmosphere 24 hours a day. With popular dishes like Chicken Pot Pie and Fish n’ Chips to daily dinner specials ranging from Prime Rib to Chicken & Waffles, O’Sheehan’s has all your favorite comfort foods. So try a few of the many beers on tap, catch a game on the two-story TV screen or play some billiards or darts at this guest favorite dining venue."

I've seen the menu from O'Sheehan's online and the recent dailies but I don't recall any mention of Chicken and Waffles. Its not a deal breaker but it is something my husband is looking forward to. We are on the Escape in November. Can anyone let me know if they remember this dish being offered?

Thanks!!

Just curious...this is what's posted on NCL.com

"O'Sheehan's Neighborhood Bar & Grill

Want to be the center of attention? The heart of 678 Ocean Place, O’Sheehan’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill offers classic American fare in a relaxed pub atmosphere 24 hours a day. With popular dishes like Chicken Pot Pie and Fish n’ Chips to daily dinner specials ranging from Prime Rib to Chicken & Waffles, O’Sheehan’s has all your favorite comfort foods. So try a few of the many beers on tap, catch a game on the two-story TV screen or play some billiards or darts at this guest favorite dining venue."

I've seen the menu from O'Sheehan's online and the recent dailies but I don't recall any mention of Chicken and Waffles. Its not a deal breaker but it is something my husband is looking forward to. We are on the Escape in November. Can anyone let me know if they remember this dish being offered?

Thanks!!

I don't really understand Chicken and Waffles. It just seems like a really weird combination.

I'm pretty sure that chicken pot pie is no longer on the menu either so I wouldn't really count on anything that NCL says on their website. Although it does say special so it may be offered one night during the cruise. Good luck.

Lois

I was on Breakaway 2015 and O'Sheehan's had chicken pot pie but I don't remember chicken and waffles being on menu. I hear on here on different thread that O'Sheehan's changed their menu??? Will definitely check it out in May when I'm on Breakaway again.

I just came off the Epic a month ago and don't recall seeing chicken and waffles. For those of you who have not tried them you must. Hot sauce on the chicken, syrup on the waffles, the combination of spicy and sweet is amazing! Eat a bite of both at the same time and enjoy!!!

From the Wikipedia:

Chicken and waffles

Chicken and waffles refers to either of two American dishes – one from soul food, the other Pennsylvania Dutch – that combine chicken with waffles. It is served in certain specialty restaurants in the United States.

As mentioned it is served as a special night meal in the pub. The suggestion to add hot sauce and syrup is also traditional and definitely recommended. It is a very popular dish and there are a number of restaurants in the US founded on this dish(though they serve a broader soul food menu). The most famous of these is probably Roscoe's who has branches in southern California, it was founded by a guy from Harlem.

Edited by Nola26

Chicken and waffles is more common in the south. O'Sheehans has it as one of the dinner specials. One night prime rib, one night ribs, one night chicken and waffles. But maybe its changed.

I think chicken and waffles are a neat combination but at every place I have tried them I am disappointed. When you mass produce waffles, they always end up being hard and not that hot to go with the chicken. I suppose if you had fresh fried chicken and homemade waffles right out of the fryer to your plate, they would be delicious. I think the maple syrup run off to the chicken would be so yummy!

Edited by david_sobe

I think chicken and waffles are a neat combination but at every place I have tried them I am disappointed. When you mass produce waffles, they always end up being hard and not that hot to go with the chicken. I suppose if you had fresh fried chicken and homemade waffles right out of the fryer to your plate, they would be delicious. I think the maple syrup run off to the chicken would be so yummy!

Exactly David!

That's why I said, "if they're made with love."

Not mass produced or on a buffet.

Pure Deliciousness

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Earlier this month on the Breakaway the O'Sheehans specials were a seafood basket (cod, shrimp, calamari, onion rings, maybe fries), ribs, and prime rib. There may have been a couple more. We didn't try the ribs, seafood was ok (everything was deep fried), prime rib was fantastic (it was the first night). After reading this thread I hope they have chicken and waffles in March!

The hostess told us that specials are on the sea day nights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unless it has changed in the past few weeks, O'Sheehans on Escape has a new and different regular menu than any of the other ships. As far as I know, it has not rolled out anywhere else yet. They do have some nightly specials, and prime rib and chicken and waffles fall into that category.

I have eaten that plate (part of it) so much food!! It is wonderful. It is sweet and savory all at the same time.

Rosco's made this dish popular..

janymac:p

Anyone ever eaten at Hash House a Gogo? They know how to do chicken and waffles!

chicken-waffles.jpg

(Photo stolen from internet, since it was easier than digging up my own.)

Edited by janymac

I have eaten that plate (part of it) so much food!! It is wonderful. It is sweet and savory all at the same time.

Rosco's made this dish popular..

janymac:p

I visit Hash House a Gogo pretty regularly, but have never ordered that. My husband likes it, though! Everything there is so much food!

The seafood basket is pathetic.

It's literally two small shrimp, a hunk of fish-stick like fish, and maybe a calamari ring (mine didn't have any). On top of the same french fries you get in the buffet.

One of those moments on an NCL cruise when you could just feel the corners being cut.

Anyone ever eaten at Hash House a Gogo? They know how to do chicken and waffles!

chicken-waffles.jpg

(Photo stolen from internet, since it was easier than digging up my own.)

What's with the tree sticking out of the dish?

I guess I don't understand the combo of chicken and waffles, but I'm from NYS, so that might be a southern thing. I was just on the Getaway, and we ate in O'Sheehan's frequently. We loved their Thia Chili chicken wings! There were no pot pies or chicken and waffles on menu. Plenty of other great items, though. Their fish and chips, Rueban sandwich, hot dogs--all great!