Aqua Class versus Concierge

reps23

We are booking a cruise on the Millennium from Singapore to Hong Kong in December 2017. Is it worth the extra dollars to get an Aqua Balcony over a Concierge Balcony. The cost difference per couple will be about $250.00 We don't really use the spa that much.

Is the restaurant Blu worth the difference?

Thanks everyone for always answering my questions. Really helps in determining what my decision is as I read all posts pertaining to ships and ports that I am going on or visiting.

We are booking a cruise on the Millennium from Singapore to Hong Kong in December 2017. Is it worth the extra dollars to get an Aqua Balcony over a Concierge Balcony. The cost difference per couple will be about $250.00 We don't really use the spa that much.

Is the restaurant Blu worth the difference?

Thanks everyone for always answering my questions. Really helps in determining what my decision is as I read all posts pertaining to ships and ports that I am going on or visiting.

I wouldn't do it if it were free but that's because I have no desire to eat in Blu and the only cabins I want (aft) are not available in Aqua.

We are big fans of AQ.

We really enjoy breakfast and lunch in Blu. We find it a much better dining experience tan the MDR.

We do take advantage of the spa. I especially enjoy relaxing on the heated loungers and a steam upon returning to the ship on port days.

If we find a price that gives us good value, we book AQ.

I didn't find concierge any better than a regular veranda cabin. Some silly canapes (than 9 out of ten times we didn't eat) and a couple of oranges don't really justify the additional cost to us. The other "perks" of concierge are just fluff. A pillow menu... please. We are in AQ in October and hoping that we feel the additional cost is worth it there. Looking forward to trying Blu and I'm sure the wife will use the spa once or twice. We are in Concierge again in June but the only reason I booked it was because it was nearly the same price as a Veranda and I wanted the extra CC points. I do prefer the location of the Concierge cabins to the Aqua class though.

Yes(especially on a longer IT)..simply for the extra restaurant environment and menu.. TBH re Concierge I agree with the post above and dont see any point in Concierge over a regular Balcony - its pointless nibbles and spin.

If I had one issue with aqua its the fact when you use the spa it can become a bit of a salesman attack

Edited by ighten

We love AQ too, but I agree that some of the AQ cabins are not ideally located. We never use Persain Gardens. If you don't like the canapes, you can ask for cheese and crackers. Last cruise our cabin attendant, who was the best we have ever had, learned we liked grapes and she just brought a ton of them throughout the cruise!

We are fans of AQ as well and a $250 per couple charge is a bargain. I love breakfast in Blu. Everything seems so much fresher and the service is attentive. Dinner is also much more civilized. You have anytime dining and rarely have to wait more than a few minutes. Again, we prefer the service and food. It is not drastically different that the MDR but a nicer environment. The majority of the tables are two tops and very close so you can either dine by yourselves or easily strike up a conversation with your neighbors. Some find this not to their liking but not us. Never did the spa because it was always crowded. The only problem is cabin location since most AQ cabins are under common areas. On the S class, some cabins are under suites so we go for them.

Yes, do it! For that price, that's a steal. We love Blu. One of the reasons we love Blu is you probably won't see any kids in the dining room as you can only have two people in an aqua class room. We jokingly call it our kid free dining!