Gbenjo or anyone... boarding at opt?

On the roll call for my cruise someone has read their cruise docs and posted a list of staggered boarding times for embarkation onto celebrity solstice.

They are deck by deck and mine says 3.30. Can't say I'm too thrilled about that. I will have spent 4 days in Sydney by then with my parents who are using my trip as an excuse for a week in Sydney and assorted family members who live there. I'll be ready to escape the madness!!

Is that a suggestion or is it strictly enforced by the port/celebrity??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the roll call for my cruise someone has read their cruise docs and posted a list of staggered boarding times for embarkation onto celebrity solstice.

They are deck by deck and mine says 3.30. Can't say I'm too thrilled about that. I will have spent 4 days in Sydney by then with my parents who are using my trip as an excuse for a week in Sydney and assorted family members who live there. I'll be ready to escape the madness!!

In Short NO its just a suggestion they will not turn you away if you turn up at 1130am

Regards

John

Hi,

We are some of the unlucky ones who have to board via White Bay tender to Athol buoy. RADIANCE next week.

Rci have only just sent a letter to the TA (not directly to us) that we have small window check in times, rather than the 12-4pm that shows on our set sail pass.

t

Does anyone know how strict these are? Trouble is, we are travelling as a group of 8 from Newcastle, and allowing for traffic, will arrive around 12 noon. Our friends on deck 8 have 12,45 to 1.30pm, we have 1.30pm to 2.15pm.

I am hoping they let us in as a group, hopefullywe wont have to sit in the hot Marqee for 2 hours.

Thanks,

😀

Hi,

We are some of the unlucky ones who have to board via White Bay tender to Athol buoy. RADIANCE next week.

Rci have only just sent a letter to the TA (not directly to us) that we have small window check in times, rather than the 12-4pm that shows on our set sail pass.

t

Does anyone know how strict these are? Trouble is, we are travelling as a group of 8 from Newcastle, and allowing for traffic, will arrive around 12 noon. Our friends on deck 8 have 12,45 to 1.30pm, we have 1.30pm to 2.15pm.

I am hoping they let us in as a group, hopefullywe wont have to sit in the hot Marqee for 2 hours.

Thanks,

😀

I suspect they'll be much tighter with these times.

They won't be using a marquee I expect but the terminal itself.

Suggestion only.

Get there at 11:00 ask for gbenjo, and you might get on by 6:00ish.

Yes because no doubt someone will show up after me and be in need of specthial treatment!

Just as well I can keep myself occupied during the wait. [emoji14]

Yes because no doubt someone will show up after me and be in need of specthial treatment!

Just as well I can keep myself occupied during the wait. [emoji14]

I never look for spethshial treatment for myself, people just take one look at me and give it.

You can always say you are going onto the ship early but just drop your bags early and escape your family by going for a drink and lunch up in the Rocks or over at Manly.

;)

Actually, it is correct and they will be using a marquee.

White Bay was already booked by Pacific Eden, so passengers boarding Pacific Eden will be using the terminal.

Boarding operations for Radiance will be conducted in the separate marquee.

The marquee is on the right side of the entrance road to the terminal.

You can always say you are going onto the ship early but just drop your bags early and escape your family by going for a drink and lunch up in the Rocks or over at Manly.

;)

I like that suggestion.

It could work if I could convince them to go in a different direction. Maybe that could be the day they decide to take a drive in the country or visit more of our relatives at the zoo [emoji14]

I like that suggestion.

It could work if I could convince them to go in a different direction. Maybe that could be the day they decide to take a drive in the country or visit more of our relatives at the zoo [emoji14]

LOL, didn't know there were any Chester bears there.:D

Check in times will need to be enforced for the Radiance turn due to the fact that guests will be using ferries to get to the ship and obviously if everyone checked in at the same time the ferries could not cope.

Sallyandtex I am sure if your group all arrive the same time to check in there will be no problem.

They're strictly enforcing times for Ovation today . no priority for Crown & Anchor today unless you are Diamond Plus I was told because there are "too many" C&A today. This would not have been a surprise to Royal Caribbean so an email to advise beforehand would have been thoughtful.

Edited by timtam2

They're strictly enforcing times for Ovation today . no priority for Crown & Anchor today unless you are Diamond Plus I was told because there are "too many" C&A today. This would not have been a surprise to Royal Caribbean so an email to advise beforehand would have been thoughtful.

Bummer, I think RCI really need to sort out their priority boarding then.