Meet and Mingle

Cinderose

It all depends on who starts it and what they have planned. Some will do a cabin crawl where you go to each different type of cabin. Some will do a slot pull, some a pub crawl. On some, you will just meet, have a picture taken and then all go your separate ways.

Where a lot of them fail is if they schedule the meet for as soon as the ship gets underway. That's when the ship really comes alive and a lot of people would rather be in on the action rather than meet up with fellow cruisers. I have been to two of them. One had probably thirty couples. We met on the first sea day at a bar, mingled for a while, had our picture taken by one of the members, then all went our separate ways. We ran into each other occasionally and some even went on excursions together. The other one was a total disaster. Met on the first day before sail away and only six people showed up.

I think the poster is talking about the one Carnival does. In my experience it has been on the last sea day. There are juices and coffee with danishes. A few staff will show. The problem is noticing the time in the Fun Times and people not showing. We had over 160 signed up, 15 showed.

On Pride last week we didn't have one even thugh over 30 singed up. CD Steve said "not enough signed up" which I told him was not true.

I think the poster is talking about the one Carnival does. In my experience it has been on the last sea day. There are juices and coffee with danishes. A few staff will show. The problem is noticing the time in the Fun Times and people not showing. We had over 160 signed up, 15 showed.

On Pride last week we didn't have one even thugh over 30 singed up. CD Steve said "not enough signed up" which I told him was not true.

We had 50 or so sign up on Magic this past Nov and never saw it listed in fun times but a member of roll call told us when and where and about 6 people showed up.

We had probably 30 or so show up even THOUGH it was on the second formal night at 5:30 just before first seating :rolleyes: It couldnt have been a worse time. Im thinking they are wanting these to fail.

It was nice. Our Cruise Director Dr E was there along with an officer from the bridge. Cookies and juice were served as refreshment

Edited by ryano

We had one on the Sunshine in December. Actually we had a fb meet and greet immediately followed by a cc meet and greet. 3 or 4 Carnival reps showed up for each one. We had a very active enthusiastic leader who planned both events. He was in touch with Carnival long before we sailed. At the cc Meetup, he had a ton of small prizes to give away, croc visits, tervis tumblers, the round notecard boxes, etc. they provided cookies for the fb meeting. Don't remember food in the cc meeting. We got invitations for the cc meeting in our room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had probably 30 or so show up even THOUGH it was on the second formal night at 5:30 just before first seating :rolleyes: It couldnt have been a worse time. Im thinking they are wanting these to fail.

It was nice. Our Cruise Director Dr E was there along with an officer from the bridge. Cookies and juice were served as refreshment

On ours DR E showed up with someone from guest services. Nice 45 minutes of chatting but the timing was just before dinner so the cookies and juice pretty much were untouched.

The last 2 cruises we were on, the Magic in Oct. 2016 and the Vista Jan. 2017 our M&M numbers were far above the 25 needed for Carnival to arrange a time and place for the M&M. On both cruises Carnival did nothing. We inquired at the Service desk and all they would say is that we would get a notice in our cabin if there was to be one. They could not or would not tell us if there was to be one. Kind of strange I thought but then we were busy having

a good time on our cruise and never checked again. Good luck on your M&M gang we gave up on them.

For the CC M&M we had about 60 people sign up for it. Less than 10 showed up. It was nice of Carnival to let us have a room with cookies and snacks and some drinks. It was at the end of the cruise though. Kinda defeats the purpose. It would have been nice to have done this at the beginning and more people show up.

Carnival just isn't into these gatherings the way RCCL and NCL are. I guess they don't feel that the goodwill of running them is enough of an incentive. The only decent one I attended on Carnival was a pay event with an open bar. Once they see dollar signs they are more committed.

Edited by cruise pup

On our roll call we have over 125 people sign up for the meet and greet. The Magic 12/10/16 sailing. About 20 showed up. Carnival provided the venue on the first sea day, no snacks or even water was offered which is a good thing since a lot of it would have been wasted. However, a couple carnival reps and the CD Schwartz stopped by and we each got a free group photo.

I won't be signing up for anymore. It was nice but a little embarrassing too.

Edited by Anjanu

We had over 120 sign up and 5 showed up! The crew who were there didn't seem to react to the small number. They stayed for a long time and talked to us. On one trip we were to have a picture with some crew on the stairs in the atrium and only 6 showed. It was so embarrasing.

We had our CC meet and greet on the Vista last week, the morning of the 1st sea day. We had a notice in our mail box along with the S&S cards when we arrived. Not well attended at all, maybe 10-12 in and out. Carnival provided coffee hot water for tea, and some pastries. No Captain, no waitstaff, no ship officers, no cruise director or staff. Just a sign on the piano bar saying private event. However, for those of us who did attend, we met wonderful fellow cruisers and saw them throughout the cruise on ship, in ports, on excursions. So the M&M helped break the ice in beneficial ways.