Bidding for Upgrades - When were you notified?

ShanLeigh77

We bid on an upgrade for our cruise on the Getaway departing on the 12th of February. For others who have done so on previous cruises, when were you notified of the acceptance of your offer? We are less than 3 weeks out and am just curious as to whether or not we'll get our upgrade!

Thanks in advance... :)

We bid on an upgrade for our cruise on the Getaway departing on the 12th of February. For others who have done so on previous cruises, when were you notified of the acceptance of your offer? We are less than 3 weeks out and am just curious as to whether or not we'll get our upgrade!

Most often it's the Monday prior to departure, but it can be anytime they feel like up until 2 days before departure.

The last minute notice stinks.

Some folks have received there up grade 30 days out but I hear a lot of folks getting it days before there cruise.

The cruise I am on in march has almost every Haven room available only a hand full have been booked.

I mean for a family of 3 who wouldn't want a deluxe owners suite for $16,000 or a standard H5 for $9,000. Those prices are so out of wack I have been in suites and I do like them but I would never pay that much and I think 90% of cruisers do not either.

I can buy a boat for $16,000 lol

We're on the same sailing as you, and received an email from NCL today that they've accepted our mini suite offer.

The last minute notice stinks.

Some folks have received there up grade 30 days out but I hear a lot of folks getting it days before there cruise.

The cruise I am on in march has almost every Haven room available only a hand full have been booked.

I mean for a family of 3 who wouldn't want a deluxe owners suite for $16,000 or a standard H5 for $9,000. Those prices are so out of wack I have been in suites and I do like them but I would never pay that much and I think 90% of cruisers do not either.

I can buy a boat for $16,000 lol

That's exactly why we won't be sailing NCL this spring. They jacked the prices up so high it isn't worth it.

How does the bidding work? I would love to put in suite bid on my summer Dawn cruise. Do they contact you or do they contact you with the chance of an upsell?

The new program rolling out to all ships later in February is on select ships now. You will receive (or not receive) an email notifying you about the Upgrade Advantage Program. Not all travel agents participate.

I don't want to repeat what is already posted elsewhere. Just do a search on the Norwegian thread for "upgrade advantage" or just "upgrade' to view how the program operates.

We are sailing on the Escape this weekend February 4th and received our upgrade email today (Tuesday January 31st).

We were originally booked in a balcony category BF and upgraded to Category H4.

Oddly enough our bid was in the poor range for this particular category and we had also placed a bid in the fair range for the Aft Haven suites. Makes no sense but I'm not complaining! :)

We also used a TA for the original booking.

We are sailing on the Escape this weekend February 4th and received our upgrade email today (Tuesday January 31st).

We were originally booked in a balcony category BF and upgraded to Category H4.

Oddly enough our bid was in the poor range for this particular category and we had also placed a bid in the fair range for the Aft Haven suites. Makes no sense but I'm not complaining! :)

We also used a TA for the original booking.

We experienced a similar situation, our H9 bid was "poor" and our aft haven was "fair." Ended up getting the H9 with no complaints (haven and spa access for a much cheaper bid).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on Getaway January 22nd received upgrade from inside to oceanview on the afternoon of the 19th. Happy news as we left for Miami on the 20th. I didn't tell my husband until we boarded and he saw the open doors on the insides on our deck and said oh boy they really are small that we got the upgrade. We were resigned to to try our first inside as the sailing was almost full. We had also bid on balcony but and didn't get it. We were very happy with our ocean view on deck 5 as it was very easy off and on the ship and to 6-7-8 no wait for elevators.

Edited by 1620rock

We were on the Escape last week, sailing on Saturday and we got notice on the Tuesday prior that our bid was accepted (mini-suite to Haven Forward Facing...yay!!)

What range was your bid in if you don't mind me asking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums