Bit of a Blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017

NorbertsNiece

As a UK citizen no Visa required for any country this trip x

Something I ate yesterday had hidden Gluten. My bet is mashed potato. I do know better. I'm not a novice at this. At least one other on tour is GF. She is celiac. I should shadow her. Sigh. Have emailed my TA with regards to hotels post cruise and will talk to one of the guides.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

I will be doing the cruise Valpo to BA Feb. 14, 2018 on Emerald Princess and await the cruise portion of your blog. I may fly to Iguazu Falls after the cruise but the thought of spending close to $1000 pr person on airfare and hotels just to view falls has me wondering how badly I want to see them. it would only be from the Argentine side since I am American and would need a $160 visa for Brazil.

I will be doing the cruise Valpo to BA Feb. 14, 2018 on Emerald Princess and await the cruise portion of your blog. I may fly to Iguazu Falls after the cruise but the thought of spending close to $1000 pr person on airfare and hotels just to view falls has me wondering how badly I want to see them. it would only be from the Argentine side since I am American and would need a $160 visa for Brazil.

Wait till you see the pics from today then make up your mind..... the sounds as well as the sights are really exceptional.

We've had bouts of torrential rain today...... stayed out of most of it.... so glad we had great weather yesterday.....especially for what I got up to later.....

This is where I make a confession. I don't like shows. I love plays, theatre, musical theatre and rarely opera. I don't like.... I don't know what the word is.... entertainment of a diverse sort...... not sure that cuts it.... I don't go to many on board..... and if I do I tend to linger at the back to make a hasty retreat if necessary.

So.

Dances from many South American countries. I love this type of thing if I have an explanation of what I'm looking at..... does that make sense? And then there's Mariachi..... ai ai ai ai.......

DSCN1506.jpg

DSCN1507.jpg

DSCN1511.jpg

There was a superb 'act' involving ropes and juggling..... can't explain it really..... like New Zealand poi balls only much longer ropes and metallic..... and a very competent demonstration of the Argentine tango.

End of day 6

Linda

Your pictures are spectacular.

Judy

Thanks..... I do literally point and shoot.....

Trying to pack. Will be so happy to be able to unpack everything tomorrow.

Got a very early start. Here's the itinerary :

After check out, transfer to the airport for your onward flight to Buenos Aires, lasting approximately 2 hours. On arrival into Buenos Aires, transfer to the cruise port for your onward cruise.

A wake up call has been set for 345am. Breakfast 4 - 5am. Depart for airport by 530am. Flight is at 0750...... they are an hour behind in Argentina.

Want to say how amazing bus number 1 has been!!! My fellow travellers are wonderful and I do hope to see them on board. Turns out one couple live less than half an hour from me!!

Note to self. At 6am do not attempt to reassemble convertible trousers. And note that they have different coloured zips for each leg.

You can see the hotel on the map. Follow the road down and cross the river. Started in Brazil and cross over to Argentina. Less than 10 minutes by coach. Paraguay is the country to the west.

map%20with%20country%20borders.jpg

This is the border control on the Brazil side. We are asked to not take pictures.

DSCN1514.jpg

The colours on the side of the road reflect the country we are in..... green and yellow for Brazil.

DSCN1516.jpg

Blue and white for Argentina. That's Paraguay straight ahead.

DSCN1517.jpg

Border control Argentina......

DSCN1518.jpg

DSCN1519.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece