Bit of a Blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017

NorbertsNiece

Great Blog so far, Must try to keep up with you.

We sail Crown Princess in May and if you have time once aboard could you post some details of prices for drinks, just things like a Beer and a cocktail.

Many thanks,

Awake at silly o'clock. Someone has messed with CC or the bump on my head is more serious than I thought!

Actually some friends on FB were talking about an 'upgrade' but my links on phone don't work.

Anyway.... There'll be a plethora of menus posted never fear!

:D

Linda

Other than the vicious attack by the mango your trip looks wonderful Linda. I can't wait to see more. :)

Made a big discovery. HUGE. My favourite clothes store on the planet has a branch in Rio. I think maybe this morning's activity has been sorted..... sort of a tradition that I buy one item on each cruise..... still thinking about collecting more zzzzzzzzz first.....

Love your blog Linda. We are sitting here at the airport in Buenos Aires waiting for our flight to iguaxu and you are entertaining me. Please post a picture including you so we can recognize you on the ship

Dottie

Love your blog Linda. We are sitting here at the airport in Buenos Aires waiting for our flight to iguaxu and you are entertaining me. Please post a picture including you so we can recognize you on the ship

Dottie

Hi Dottie,

My avatar is a recent pic..... and here's one from yesterday..... that's me in the Tilley hat and dark glasses.

DSCN1031.jpg

No idea what YOU look like!! :p

Safe travels x

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Awake at silly o'clock. Someone has messed with CC or the bump on my head is more serious than I thought!

Actually some friends on FB were talking about an 'upgrade' but my links on phone don't work.

Anyway.... There'll be a plethora of menus posted never fear!

:D

Linda

Many thanks will look forward to that

Made a big discovery. HUGE. My favourite clothes store on the planet has a branch in Rio. I think maybe this morning's activity has been sorted..... sort of a tradition that I buy one item on each cruise..... still thinking about collecting more zzzzzzzzz first.....

Are you by any chance referring to Desidual Linda? I know you have lots of their unique clothes. Loving the blog. Trish xx

Are you by any chance referring to Desidual Linda? I know you have lots of their unique clothes. Loving the blog. Trish xx

Geese. Wild ones. Chasing involved. Loads of pics to upload today before the story is told x :o

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Thanks everyone for following and reading. It's good to know that the effort is enjoyed!

I've been trying to draw a map of where I walked today and failed miserably.

Those who are used to my 'walks' know that I tend to follow my feet..... probably not a great idea in this heat but hey......

So I decided this morning to walk to the Shopping Mall to the Desigual shop as eluded to by Bullingdon earlier. Seemed easy enough..... straight line stuff according to Google maps.... 40 mins max at the pace I walk at.... had had a lie in.... no breakfast.... will lunch at the Mall. That's my plan.

Start walking. Pass an interesting market but decide to head to my goal and visit on my return. Get side tracked by a park. Turns out to be the Chacrinha State Park. Stunning. Families with children and activities under way.

DSCN1105.jpg

DSCN1106.jpg

DSCN1107.jpg

I worry about going too deep into the forest time wise. I head back to the route..... which hasn't actually given me enough information regarding the state of the road.... it's the steepest I've climbed..... almost as bad as that one in Dunedin.... I'm following a local and pace myself to mirror hers. Hours of dog walking have given me sufficient stamina.

DSCN1108.jpg

DSCN1109.jpg

DSCN1110.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

DSCN1111.jpg

Finally the Mall..... just have to figure out how / where to cross the major road.

DSCN1112.jpg

Casa di misericordio : It;s a hospital...... the name intrigued me

DSCN1114.jpg

DSCN1115.jpg

The Mall is huge. Very modern interior with wonderful interactive guides. Cannot find the shop. Find the information desk. Desigual left about 6 months ago. Could not make it up. The lady at the information desk tells me there's a free shuttle back to Copacabana. Our tour guides had not informed us of that.

Go to the top floor and wander around thinking about what to do now.

Flashback. The day before I flew out I had a hair and nail appointment at a local salon. After the hair cut as I was putting my specs back on one of the arms fell off. I had to leg it to the optician (fortunately in same town) for a repair.

So I go for a manicure in the mall at a very swish salon. 28 Brazilian Real. My neighbour is male and he's also having a pedicure.

I decide to cab it back to the hotel rather than wait for the shuttle as I want to eat before the tour.

Lobby

DSCN1117.jpg

Business centre

DSCN1116.jpg

Hi Dottie,

My avatar is a recent pic..... and here's one from yesterday..... that's me in the Tilley hat and dark glasses.

DSCN1031.jpg

No idea what YOU look like!! :p

Safe travels x

Thanks Linda. Gotcha! You will love the falls. The upgrade fairy called and told them to upgrade us to a falls view room. Hiked today. Boat ride tomorrow. Cannot wait!