Bit of a Blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017

NorbertsNiece

Thanks Linda. Gotcha! You will love the falls. The upgrade fairy called and told them to upgrade us to a falls view room. Hiked today. Boat ride tomorrow. Cannot wait!

Hi :D

Looking forward to seeing pics from your window!!

---------------------------

I'm blogged out for tonight.

I've got a repacked suitcase open on the floor here..... will likely have to carry my winter coat rather than pack it.....

We have an alarm call at 6am but I will be up before then. We'll have time to breakfast before heading to the airport by 730am. I've already settled my food bill.

The info from Wendy Wu reads :

After check out, transfer to the airport for your flight to Iguacu, which lasts approximately 2 hours. On arrival, transfer to your hotel and spend the day at leisure.

Foz do Iguacu is located close to the point where the Iguacu River empties its waters into the Parana River which has formed the world's widest waterfalls and given rise to the double border of Brazil and Argentina. The city, with 325.137 inhabitants (2009 census), is a popular tourist destination and although not a large city, Foz do Iguacu is always busy thanks to the many visitors that come to see the falls and also thanks to the Brazilian shoppers that come to purchase imported goods in Ciudad Del Este, the Paraguayan tax-free city right across the border. The Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam also brings great activity to the city thanks to the high number of its employees living in Foz do Iguacu.

As it's an internal flight we're allowed liquids apparently. I need to buy more water. Will carry on with Sugar Loaf tomorrow.

Hi. Are you into a big group or a small group?

Good morning.

There are about 86 of us on the Wendy Wu tour either booked independently or through different TA's. They've 3 guides, so 3 coaches which load on first come first to board. Extremely well organised. The coaches aren't full so you don't feel crowded. Narration excellent. Can't find anything to fault with regards to the tour except for lack of bottles of water on board yesterday.

Linda

All checked in and sat by gate at the airport. The place is packed but there is a method to the check in madness'. Our tour guides stay with us until we go through security. Check in bag is weighed. Am over 23kgs. Not charged. Give agent my BA exec card for One World Avios Points. Whilst there is a sign to a lounge I can't find it. We've had a gate change. Someone in group lets me know.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

The Internal flights terminal at Rio Galeão airport was busy busy busy at 730 this morning.

I was on the first bus to leave at around 650am.

Check in was well organised regardless of the crowd and our guides made it smooth sailing. We had been given our boarding passes at the hotel with seats already assigned. Not all couples were sat together. Neither did we all have the same boarding time. At the airport our boarding passes had first to be scanned. I was assisted with this and have no idea what the agent agreed me to on the screen!!

DSCN1263.jpg

We then went to the bag drop immediately behind. The guides then walked us to the security area where we said our farewells.

A full LATAM A320 flight. They have an entertainment service available to those with iPads etc. Unfortunately my earpieces are in my carryon in the overhead locker. I only realised this service was available after I had sat down! They had drop down screens which showed an episode of The Big Bang Theory...... the one with Summer Glau.

Safety instructions.

DSCN1264.jpg

DSCN1265.jpg

DSCN1266.jpg

DSCN1267.jpg

DSCN1268.jpg

I slept for about an hour. Snacks and soft drinks were served.

DSCN1275.jpg

Staying for 3 nights at the Viale Cataratas Hotel. Modren,shiny and new looking.

I am one of the first to be given room keys.

DSCN1276.jpg

DSCN1277.jpg

The view from the room.

It dawns on me that my room is wheelchair accessible.

I go down to the reception and offer the room back in case it is needed.

I move.

DSCN1282.jpg

DSCN1283.jpg

DSCN1284.jpg

DSCN1279.jpg

DSCN1280.jpg

DSCN1281.jpg

There is a mall about half a mile away apparently otherwise our guide tells us we'd need a taxi to go to downtown. I'm told there's a good restaurant at the hotel opposite. Nowhere else to walk to.

Around 3pm was sat with others having a light lunch. It's chaos with orders not being delivered correctly or cold. They seem unable to handle the number of people arriving at the same time.

Burger without bun.

DSCN1285.jpg

After lunch I am so tired I go for a nap. Several hours later I have skipped dinner and changed into PJs. I am that tired. They have a buffet service dinner here so will experience that on Tuesday.

End of day 5

------------

Our schedule tomorrow has been altered. We were to have been going to a dinner samba / tango show on Tuesday night but we have a 5am departure on Wednesday morning to the International airport on the Argentine side so the event has been brought forward a night.

Depart from the hotel by motor coach and cross Iguacu National Park to the Brazilian Falls. Walk along the long paths, past cascades to the catwalk that leads close to the bottom of the Devil's Throat where you will enjoy stunning views of the magnificent waterfall. After taking plenty of time to admire the views take an elevator up to the road where you will board the coach back to the hotel.

We have been given a choice of voluntary activity tomorrow afternoon at a charge. Either to take a boat under the falls or go to Parque das Aves bird park. I am desperate to see Toucans so will head there. They will take US $.

Linda

Looks like I skipped a pic earlier........

The view from my first room....

DSCN1278.jpg

I'm further along the corridor now on the same side.

Some people have asked to be moved from the street side saying they had had street views in Rio and had poor noise experience. These windows are well glazed and we're not so near the road. Not heard anything to concern me.

We have been given a choice of voluntary activity tomorrow afternoon at a charge. Either to take a boat under the falls or go to Parque das Aves bird park. I am desperate to see Toucans so will head there. They will take US $.

Linda

We greatly enjoyed the Bird Park last month and hope you do too!

I'm Gluten Intolerant. Not allergic. Just sensitive. I avoid bread and items obviously made from wheat. The side effects of some indulgence are not for this post. I'd pre-ordered food in BC which was less likely to contain Gluten..... I've eaten GF food flying before and I did not enjoy it. I avoided bread / crackers and anything I did eat did not impact.

Love your review and pictures. Could you please tell me if it was hard to find gluten free food in Buenos Aires and Rio ? Thanks, Kath