Bit of a Blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017

NorbertsNiece

By the time we get back to the hotel I am exhausted. And hot. It had been pleasantly a bit cooler up the mountain. I know if I go up to my room and sit down I will fall asleep..... but I don't want to sleep...... I want to eat!

I'd filched a banana at breakfast but that hadn't done much to keep me going.

Armed with disinfectant hand gel I head for the cafe where I'd enjoyed coffee yesterday. Everyone else has gone for a shower. I am remembered. I knock back 2 coffees and an omelette!!

DSCN1068.jpg

DSCN1069.jpg

And GF banana cake

DSCN1070.jpg

I take a coffee to go.

Here's that moment you've been waiting for.

Standing at the traffic lights I receive a really hard blow to the head. Those standing near me were subjected to some choice expletives. I look around to see what had struck me..... ok I admit..... I looked around to see WHO had struck me. I see an object roll into the road...... I have no idea what it is but it's fallen off the branches of the tree under which I'm standing.

This is it

DSCN1071.jpg

Any botanists out there?

I meet our 3 guides near the hotel and they check me out. Just a bump developing.

My room has struggled to be cool. Yesterday I asked at reception and was told to turn the dial by the side of the bed. I avoided advising the receptionist to not patronise me. Today I ask the same receptionist to please sort the air con. He sends a technician.

I have previously downloaded a translator to my phone.

'O air condiciondo nao esta frio'

DSCN1072.jpg

DSCN1073.jpg

All nicely sorted.

Thank you so much for taking the time to keep me company here..... loving your support and encouragement x

Will be back later following our BBQ tonight.

Linda

Here's that moment you've been waiting for.

Standing at the traffic lights I receive a really hard blow to the head. Those standing near me were subjected to some choice expletives. I look around to see what had struck me..... ok I admit..... I looked around to see WHO had struck me. I see an object roll into the road...... I have no idea what it is but it's fallen off the branches of the tree under which I'm standing.

This is it

Any botanists out there?

Linda

Linda..its a Mango..we have a tree in our backyard.

Gy9vnx.jpg

Edited by jannandjohn

Great Blog so far, Must try to keep up with you.

We sail Crown Princess in May and if you have time once aboard could you post some details of prices for drinks, just things like a Beer and a cocktail.

Many thanks,

DSCN1092.jpg

DSCN1093.jpg

DSCN1094.jpg

DSCN1095.jpg

DSCN1096.jpg

DSCN1099.jpg

There was ice cream for dessert which I passed on...... and coffee.

Meeting some wonderful people and having some good laughs. Most agree that the free day we had been given unexpectedly at the beginning was much needed to get over the flight. Not everyone is 100% yet. The heat and humidity is taking its toll on some. Some REALLY dislike this hotel. When I find out the cruise lines they're accustomed to I can see why something more basic is unexpected.

End of day 3

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Itinerary for tomorrow, we're being picked up at 2pm..... not sure what I'll do in the morning at the moment :

Downtown is the business heart of Rio. It is the part of the city where colonial Rio meets modern skyscrapers. Your tour starts on 1 de Março avenue, the first commercial street built in the 18th. Century. You will see the Paço Imperial palace, which was the first residence of the Royal Family, Banco do Brasil Cultural Centre and the Candelaria Church. From this point, the bus will proceed to Presidente Vargas avenue, the second most important street in downtown. It was built to create access from the suburbs to the commercial centre of the Capital in the early nineties and passes through the popular market and Tiradentes Square. Continuing with the tour you will see the Metropolitan Cathedral of Rio de Janeiro, Rio´s aqueduct, Santo Antonio Church, BNDES and the Petrobras buildings before reaching Lapa, the most popular night life point in Rio. You will have a panoramic view of the Teatro Municipal, the National Library and the City Council building - all of them inspired by European 18th century style. Afterwards you will drive through the Flamengo Park, from where you have the chance to see Sugar Loaf. This famous mountain is reached by a cable car 1,200 feet high, and will provide an experience you will never forget, looking down at Rio from the Sugar Loaf is said to be one of the most spectacular views in the world. Touring, like yesterday will last approximately 4 hours.

Yikes - an unripened mango - wow! Glad you are ok. At least it wasn't something like our Bunya pine nuts - they could seriously knock you out. :)

Love the pics of the food on the skewers - rather like the offerings from Samba Grill :D

Too much meat for my liking, but it always looks sooooooo delicious.

Keep it all coming.