Who to do short cruise with

I have been on po, royal Caribbean, princess and celebrity. Have seen 3 day cruise with carnival legend November to take a friend to show her how great cruising is but carnival legend has had some terrible reviews now not sure whether to do another cruise line we are 2 ladies in our 50's who like to use pool spa at night time and I really enjoy the shows on the ships. Appreciate any feedback assistance to make my decision easier would be appreciated.

I have been on po, royal Caribbean, princess and celebrity. Have seen 3 day cruise with carnival legend November to take a friend to show her how great cruising is but carnival legend has had some terrible reviews now not sure whether to do another cruise line we are 2 ladies in our 50's who like to use pool spa at night time and I really enjoy the shows on the ships. Appreciate any feedback assistance to make my decision easier would be appreciated.

Most Princess short cruises tend to be one way. So need flights.

We are doing Celebrity Solstice, two nights in October Sydney round trip and RCCL have a three nights in December that is tempting.

We went on Carnival Legend last November and had a very enjoyable cruise. The meals in the MDR were actually better than Princess. The adults-only Serenity has a hot tub. Serenity is right behind the buffet restaurant and there are some tables near the bar if you want to eat outdoors (but undercover).

We enjoyed the production shows but if you choose to sit in the upper section of the theatre, get there early to get a good seat in the middle. There are annoying pillars, and if you sit on the sides you get laser lights flashed in your eyes.

The Piano Bar was great, relatively quiet, a good after dinner bar.

You are more likely to get party-goers on a 3 night cruise though.

Generally, it would depend on what you want from the ship or the entertainment as a three or four day cruise is not about the destination.

generally, a lot of the people on board are in a party mood (booze cruise) so that is something to be aware of. I would pick what interests you most, there are themed cruises like Comedy, Music, Food & wine, or it may be a different or new ship to try, etc and go from there.

I have done short cruises on a few lines but P&O seem to offer the themed cruises more often. Ovation has a short cruise next season, so maybe seeing the new large ship is of interest.

I have found that the short cruises that leave and return to the same port are the ones that tend to be the most 'booze cruise' focused, especially with a younger age group. Where people have to fork out for a flight somewhere seems to cut down on this a bit.

A couple of other cruise lines to look at would be P&O UK or Cunard where there are often short segments of the world cruises. These seem to be only available in Feb or March as it depends on when the ships arrive in Australia on their itineraries.

I saw less boozing on the short Princess cruises than on RCI though certainly some people are there for a party. Watching 2 couples in the coffee shop at 9.30am with a bottle of wine and beers made me shake my head.

As said above don't overlook the short cruises that are available on the World Cruises that come through on lines such as Cunard, P&O UK , and HAL etc . The passengers are moree relaxed and laid back as most of them are on for the long haul.

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

Thank you for all your responses have decided to try Pacific Eden she is cruising out of our home city Adelaide which is a rarity for cruise ships save a lot as no air fares to pay for, so many choices now which is great :)