ATTN: Norwegian Star passengers getting on the ship in Sydney next week

Will that tug be strong enough to tow her?

How many tugs will they need to guide her through the gap? Thats a very strong rip through there.:eek:

Well she is over 400t quite a large tug but not designed for deep sea operations , lucky the weather is calmish ..5 knot tow speed if they are lucky quite a long trip in store for N Star

if the weather should blow up she is not in a safe place ....

regards

John

Maybe Pacific Jewel will come in and help save the passengers? ;-)

Only one tug in 500 miles .. I'd be insisting in lloyds open form if I was the tugmaster

:eek::D

The tug is at least 12 hours away tug is making just under 10knots I would be VERY unhappy to be N Stars master at the moment , if the weather breaks its a very nasty bit of water

Edited by VK3DQ

Only one tug in 500 miles .. I'd be insisting in lloyds open form if I was the tugmaster

:eek::D

The tug is at least 12 hours away tug is making just under 10knots I would be VERY unhappy to be N Stars master at the moment , if the weather breaks its a very nasty bit of water

Offer Lloyds open Form and then just wait.... I suspect the next nearest tug big enough is either in Sydney (2-3 days) or Singapore (10-15 days)

I think that means full electrical power , just no azipods:)

Yeah, agreed that's what they meant i.e. onboard power - but what they said wasn't true.

It just seemed so obviously wrong in talking about an issue with a lack of power to then say the opposite!

Yeah, agreed that's what they meant i.e. onboard power - but what they said wasn't true.

It just seemed so obviously wrong in talking about an issue with a lack of power to then say the opposite!

Azipods are electric motors, and they are used as the propulsion for the ship.. The electric generators which power everything on the ship, including azipods have been reported as al OK

Phil

We have had wonderful cruising with NCL several times, (including our first one on the Star), and are pretty well amazed and disappointed in the way they are acting lately!!! We have another 4 cruises booked with them, and hope that this new customer service attitude is a ship based attitude, and not a demise of corporate handling of a problem.

Phil