ATTN: Norwegian Star passengers getting on the ship in Sydney next week

One issue that all the lines seem to struggle with is communicating to everyone what is happening, what they are doing to fix it and how they will compensate everyone that was adversely affected.

Some have got it right for one incident but then on the next they let themselves down.

Management needs to understand the wider ramifications when they don't treat people fairly. Word of mouth now spreads much faster and wider courtesy of the internet.

I feel so sorry for passengers who have travelled far, at much expense, to do these cruises.

And unfortunately it is pouring rain which will make for more unhappy passengers especially as they have apparently been given a free trip to the GBR.

Do you think the trip to the GBR will still go ahead, despite the pouring rain? I guess it depends on the seas.

Sea conditions here in Cairns are not that bad today. 10-15 knots with possible gusts to20 knots this afternoon. The boats that go out there are a decent size and fast and would eat that up. And the pontoons are anchored in sheltered areas close behind the reef. So np there. And it is brightening up a bit with showers appearing to be lessening (or could be is just where I live looks that way).

I just ducked out to Yorkeys Knob for a quick look see. Unfortunately this ship is too big to dock in Cairns, so anchor at Yorkeys it is. Not much point posting the pic - rather blurred from the rain. Least it appears they are using a local catamaran vessel for tendering instead of lifeboats.

Sea conditions here in Cairns are not that bad today. 10-15 knots with possible gusts to20 knots this afternoon. The boats that go out there are a decent size and fast and would eat that up. And the pontoons are anchored in sheltered areas close behind the reef. So np there. And it is brightening up a bit with showers appearing to be lessening (or could be is just where I live looks that way).

I just ducked out to Yorkeys Knob for a quick look see. Unfortunately this ship is too big to dock in Cairns, so anchor at Yorkeys it is. Not much point posting the pic - rather blurred from the rain. Least it appears they are using a local catamaran vessel for tendering instead of lifeboats.

Thanks for updates, good to have someone on the ground, we should have someone like you at every port !! Well done.

On QM2 in 4 weeks, we were programmed to stop at Yorkeys Knob, but now a sail by, will wave to you all. I like ye olde Yacht Club there, had a few chilled adult beverages there, waiting for the tender queues to diminish.

Edited by NSWP

I agree about the reef, and the Cats that take you out, they are built for this sort of thing and can still motor along. The light may not be as bright for the coral but then such is life.

This has been an interesting read. Not a fine start to NCL down under is it!

No, it is a bad situation made worse by dragging it out over numerous cruises and with the confusion in the lack of communication. They should have gone back to Singapore and had the issue fixed.

Looks like ring leader walked the plank today.

Thanks to Karoo onboard the Star.

The Instigator of the riots in the atrium was apparently put off today on a private tender early this morning as he had breached security protocols. He did get a written warning, but apparently ignored it according to passenger heresay. Also a percentage of passengers had complained to HD etc about his behaviour. Gossip amongst the passengers on the street in Cairns today. A passenger, who saw them on the tender said she saw his wife crying hysterically and screaming. It's definitely drama on the high seas this cruise.

Edited by aussie cruzer

Looks like ring leader walked the plank today.

Thanks to Karoo onboard the Star.

The Instigator of the riots in the atrium was apparently put off today on a private tender early this morning as he had breached security protocols. He did get a written warning, but apparently ignored it according to passenger heresay. Also a percentage of passengers had complained to HD etc about his behaviour. Gossip amongst the passengers on the street in Cairns today. A passenger, who saw them on the tender said she saw his wife crying hysterically and screaming. It's definitely drama on the high seas this cruise.

Goodness, I suppose if he was causing trouble and breaching security, I cannot blame them but perhaps they should have dealt with the issues appropriately earlier and then the protesting would not have occurred.

First time I've seen this happen.

NCL have _reduced_ the compensation offer today, for subsequent cruises, since they've reassessed the impact and believe it will be less. Compensation is halved.

They certainly have a different way of doing things!

Goodness, I suppose if he was causing trouble and breaching security, I cannot blame them but perhaps they should have dealt with the issues appropriately earlier and then the protesting would not have occurred.

If he got a written warning, there's no excuses. He knew the consequences of keeping it up. Some people just want to push for a reaction though - so they can complain more.

From NCL Star 16/1 HK to Sydney Roll Call - Post 599 - Glastron -

"100% refund offer is not what it seems, as it is based on trade price your respective agent paid. We paid 6200 pounds and were offered 3200 pounds".

This passenger has terminal cancer, so is unable to book another cruise.

First time I've seen this happen.

NCL have _reduced_ the compensation offer today, for subsequent cruises, since they've reassessed the impact and believe it will be less. Compensation is halved.

They certainly have a different way of doing things!

Can you post what the new compensation is,I have some friends on the Auckland to Singapore cruise,has a new itinerary been posted yet.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

From NCL Star 16/1 HK to Sydney Roll Call - Post 599 - Glastron -

"100% refund offer is not what it seems, as it is based on trade price your respective agent paid. We paid 6200 pounds and were offered 3200 pounds".

This passenger has terminal cancer, so is unable to book another cruise.

That is tragic, would their insurance cover the short fall?