ATTN: Norwegian Star passengers getting on the ship in Sydney next week

Still heading south with reduced ports,then over to NZ with reduced ports and then up to Singapore.

It's a PR nightmare.

I think they should off load whoever wants to get off and take the rest back on the slow boat to Singapore. Either way compensations will be required to repair the good will.

I think they should off load whoever wants to get off and take the rest back on the slow boat to Singapore. Either way compensations will be required to repair the good will.

Maybe they are just hoping that because many are Aussies that if they sit tight the problem will go away. It reminds me of the court case involving the River Cruise.

Looks like the TV stations are now involved..from Cruise law news today.

More unrest today on ship. Corporate they sent from Sydney, instead of Miami as they stated was useless in answering our questions.Now Darwin and Sydney news stations are Involved involved,really bad PR for NCL. They are destroying themselves.

Will be a big problem on board tonight and rest of cruise.

95b2d2318ea952b62bd6dff59fca6e53.jpg A lot of Aussies seem to be jumping ship early rather than sticking it out to the end. At the "meeting" this morning, they claimed over 200 were departing early. They're unloading people as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

95b2d2318ea952b62bd6dff59fca6e53.jpg A lot of Aussies seem to be jumping ship early rather than sticking it out to the end. At the "meeting" this morning, they claimed over 200 were departing early. They're unloading people as we speak.

Security is probably kicking them off.

Looks like the TV stations are now involved..from Cruise law news today.

More unrest today on ship. Corporate they sent from Sydney, instead of Miami as they stated was useless in answering our questions.Now Darwin and Sydney news stations are Involved involved,really bad PR for NCL. They are destroying themselves.

Will be a big problem on board tonight and rest of cruise.

They really need to resolve this one way or the other.

Update: we are officially getting a 100% refund!!!

That is good news for passengers.

Why don't cruise lines have protocols in place to quickly handle situations such as this?

Nobody on board paid for a slow cruise with missed ports, so they deserve a refund and compensation for transport expenses.

Exactly. Like I said-if I wanted a cruise where I did nothing but stay on the ship for 21 days, I could have saved thousands and booked a cruise to nowhere. And they're still pushing the next leg at full itinerary on their website despite promising it would be corrected earlier...

I would imagine they do but needed someone with authority to make the decision to implement the protocol. In this case, it may have been the big wigs from Sydney that came to inspect and relay the information to the head office.

They better fix it before we leave on the Auckland to Venice legs. Missed ports and we will be expecting 100% refund/credit too

I have been wondering about the risks of running a ship around with limited propulsion capacity and the route through to NZ and then back to Singapore.

Main thing that comes to mind is that it is cyclone season at the top end and this does not seem to me to be a great idea.

Anyone know how the ship would be able to cope?

I have been wondering about the risks of running a ship around with limited propulsion capacity and the route through to NZ and then back to Singapore.

Main thing that comes to mind is that it is cyclone season at the top end and this does not seem to me to be a great idea.

Anyone know how the ship would be able to cope?

They will avoid it slowly.

Big call.

Cancel 6-8 weeks of cruises and get it fixed and in return a stack of angry passengers

Or

Push on. Missing ports and in return get a stack of angry passengers.

The safest from a customer perspective is A. Either way, people are upset as they feel they missed out on the cruise experience. However, with A, they don't feel ripped off so are more likely to return. Whereas in B they feel ripped off as well.

Personally, makes me even less likely to try them, after they sent their old tub here, and then priced it at super premium levels. Wasn't impressed...

The safest from a customer perspective is A. Either way, people are upset as they feel they missed out on the cruise experience. However, with A, they don't feel ripped off so are more likely to return. Whereas in B they feel ripped off as well.

Personally, makes me even less likely to try them, after they sent their old tub here, and then priced it at super premium levels. Wasn't impressed...

Agreed, about the options and being an older ship in their fleet (15 years old).

As for super premium levels you may be thinking more of the Jewel rather than the star, the stars prices were par with other lines for her itineraries, while Jewel has the higher prices.