ATTN: Norwegian Star passengers getting on the ship in Sydney next week

Offering a cruise credit is much cheaper for the company than having to refund passengers' fares though it is not something that I would prefer. There is a difference between a small issue inconveniencing/impacting on passengers and this large scale mechanical problem. How much the cruiseline knew about before the azipods failed is probably the crux of the issue. Was it aware there were potential problems before leaving on the impacted itinerary?

I have been wondering about the risks of running a ship around with limited propulsion capacity and the route through to NZ and then back to Singapore.

Main thing that comes to mind is that it is cyclone season at the top end and this does not seem to me to be a great idea.

Anyone know how the ship would be able to cope?

I was wondering the same thing myself. If they dont have full power, what happens in a wild storm?

Now Ncl are offering full refund in cruise credit for next cruise Sydney To Auckland or stay onboard with $500 obc p/c & 25 % credit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If there were no flights or other plans included, I would be taking the refund.

After reading all of this, I'm convinced that not all cruises on Star are being equally considered for all of their loses. Feb 6th is when our adventure begins. We are only getting 25% off and 500 OBC for 12 day cruise and we have been stripped of the Milford Sound, and 2 other ports and time changes in Dunedin, so we can't see take the Taieri Gorge Train ride. Is it fair?

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

After reading all of this, I'm convinced that not all cruises on Star are being equally considered for all of their loses. Feb 6th is when our adventure begins. We are only getting 25% off and 500 OBC for 12 day cruise and we have been stripped of the Milford Sound, and 2 other ports and time changes in Dunedin, so we can't see take the Taieri Gorge Train ride. Is it fair?

I gather from your location you probably won't come out this way too much. In that case, I think you'd be missing a fair bit from your experience and don't think it's great compensation.

On the other hand, not sure if there are any easy substitutes for you unless willing to do a land holiday? Do any other cruises fit the time frame? Of course, the very limited time frame remaining complicates things.

If you do have a substitute and you aren't planning to come back, I'd challenge them for a refund. To come all this way, but miss a lot because the ship is slower will damage your holiday imo.

Edited by The_Big_M

Have they offered a 100% refund if you cancel, I would certainly consider that option and do something else while you are here, NZ is very easy by land.

Now Ncl are offering full refund in cruise credit for next cruise Sydney To Auckland or stay onboard with $500 obc p/c & 25 % credit.

@Aussie Cruzer--I really feel that they should offer a minimum of $1,000 OBC per cabin and a 50% Future Credit as the people on the 13 night cruise were given that and the Feb 6th cruise is a 12 night cruise and is only 1 day less.

The Feb 6th cruise is missing Milford Sound Experience and Tasmania AND Napier!!!

I would like to hear from others on the Feb 6th Sydney to Auckland Cruise passengers--what are your thoughts?

:mad::mad:

@Aussie Cruzer--I really feel that they should offer a minimum of $1,000 OBC per cabin and a 50% Future Credit as the people on the 13 night cruise were given that and the Feb 6th cruise is a 12 night cruise and is only 1 day less.

The Feb 6th cruise is missing Milford Sound Experience and Tasmania AND Napier!!!

I would like to hear from others on the Feb 6th Sydney to Auckland Cruise passengers--what are your thoughts?

:mad::mad:

The difference is your cruise has been told of the changes and offered full refund by cruise credit....the last one only got notified once at sea after breakdown

The Auckland to Singapore cruise is about to be decimated unfortunately.

The difference is your cruise has been told of the changes and offered full refund by cruise credit....the last one only got notified once at sea after breakdown

The Auckland to Singapore cruise is about to be decimated unfortunately.

@Aussie Cruzer--Yes, I understand about being offered a Future Cruise Credit if people choose to cancel and Not sail on the Feb 6th Cruise. Many of us are from the U.S.A. and have Non Refundable Airline tickets, which cost between $2,000.00 - $3,000.00 (in Australian Dollars) for each person. Many on this trip who are from the U.S.A. will stand to loose between $4,000 - $10,000 Austrailian Dollars (depending on the size of their party), if they would choose the option of canceling at this point. NCL is not going to reimburse that.

What are your thoughts??

@Aussie Cruzer--Yes, I understand about being offered a Future Cruise Credit if people choose to cancel and Not sail on the Feb 6th Cruise. Many of us are from the U.S.A. and have Non Refundable Airline tickets, which cost between $2,000.00 - $3,000.00 (in Australian Dollars) for each person. Many on this trip who are from the U.S.A. will stand to loose between $4,000 - $10,000 Austrailian Dollars (depending on the size of their party), if they would choose the option of canceling at this point. NCL is not going to reimburse that.

What are your thoughts??

Not sure if your on the 6 Feb Facebook page...but my advice 4 days ago was.

If your flying home via Auckland

Cancel and fly to Christchurch (flights on 7th were $200 Aussie one way .

Hire a car (cheap) for 8 days drive south to Dunedin and then head to Tea Anu for Milford Sound visit,spend two days in Queenstown and then head up West coast to visit the glaciers (fox & Franz Joseph) then head across from Westport to Christchurch via Arthur's pass (fantastic scenery) and finish back on Christchurch....Fly to Auckland.

One of the great road trips in the world ,I've done it many times.

How do you know the itinerary won't change....bail out if you can would be my advise.

US $ is over 30 % stronger than NZ $

Out of couriousity when do you arrive in Sydney, as the Sun princess leaves Brisbane on the 2 Feb and does NZ.

Cruise Schedule: Brisbane, Australia (02 Feb d1600); Fjordland National Park, New Zealand (06 Feb 0700-1600); Dunedin, New Zealand (07 Feb 0800-1800); Akaroa, New Zealand (08 Feb 0800-1800); Wellington, New Zealand (09 Feb 0800-1800); Napier, New Zealand (10 Feb 0700-1600); Tauranga, New Zealand (11 Feb 0930-2030); Auckland, New Zealand (12 Feb 0700-1800); Brisbane, Australia (16 Feb 0700-1800)

Out of couriousity when do you arrive in Sydney, as the Sun princess leaves Brisbane on the 2 Feb and does NZ.

Cruise Schedule: Brisbane, Australia (02 Feb d1600); Fjordland National Park, New Zealand (06 Feb 0700-1600); Dunedin, New Zealand (07 Feb 0800-1800); Akaroa, New Zealand (08 Feb 0800-1800); Wellington, New Zealand (09 Feb 0800-1800); Napier, New Zealand (10 Feb 0700-1600); Tauranga, New Zealand (11 Feb 0930-2030); Auckland, New Zealand (12 Feb 0700-1800); Brisbane, Australia (16 Feb 0700-1800)

Thank you for info. We have attractions scheduled in Sydney till get on ship.

Ncl are really digging a big hole for themselves. ....they are calling the CC article in relation to Feb 18 cruise compensation as "fake news " as posted by our CC Australia office......this should be interesting.☺

390b449d89cc8e78e500544865b6e8bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Good grief. Not very good PR at all.

I think Mario is being transferred to there Siberia office.

CC Australia is saying article is 100 % accurate as given to them by Ncl and now Mario is doing a Donald.[emoji1]

I think Mario is being transferred to there Siberia office.

CC Australia is saying article is 100 % accurate as given to them by Ncl and now Mario is doing a Donald.[emoji1]

Well, with some jobs and some companies, you only get to make one mistake.:(

I taken to calling him Tronald Dump.;)

Edited by MicCanberra

Well I hope Norwegian are reading this because we were considering a cruise with them.

Based on their response to a major problem we'll be sticking with Princess.

Princess ducked and weaved with us too. Not as major as this but still.

Princess ducked and weaved with us too. Not as major as this but still.

Yeah, I was thinking about how I've heard similar conclusions to debacles with other lines like RCL and Celebrity.

All the mass market lines have issues at some time or another. (Not to say that they all give consistently bad responses - and I'd imagine there are times people have thought NCL have done great as well.) You just have to hope you're not the one impacted.

Yeah, I was thinking about how I've heard similar conclusions to debacles with other lines like RCL and Celebrity.

All the mass market lines have issues at some time or another. (Not to say that they all give consistently bad responses - and I'd imagine there are times people have thought NCL have done great as well.) You just have to hope you're not the one impacted.

We have had three issues, only one of which was serious, and RC responded with a WOW for us. The worst one, we got a complete refund, 25% toward a future cruise, and we sailed 4 nights with one port instead of 7 nights and three ports. It was offered the first day.

One issue that all the lines seem to struggle with is communicating to everyone what is happening, what they are doing to fix it and how they will compensate everyone that was adversely affected.

Some have got it right for one incident but then on the next they let themselves down.