Guanatee Question

jakzak10

Recently upgraded our outside cabin to Aqua (yes paid the fare difference) in a guarantee stateroom. Stateroom number has been given and was curious, Is it possible to move within the same cabin category? I fully understand the premise of a guaranteed cabin, not unhappy but wouldn't mind being a little more center ship.

Thanks

Recently upgraded our outside cabin to Aqua (yes paid the fare difference) in a guarantee stateroom. Stateroom number has been given and was curious, Is it possible to move within the same cabin category? I fully understand the premise of a guaranteed cabin, not unhappy but wouldn't mind being a little more center ship.

Thanks

Yes, it is possible. Did you book directly with Celebrity or a TA? Before you make your move consider what is on the deck above your cabin. I am not sure what ship you are on but we recently stayed in AQ 1519 on the Eclipse and it was a very quiet location. The proximity to the Persian Gardens and Relaxation Lounge was also very convenient. Mine was also a guarantee and since I was happy with location did not pursue a move.

Yesterday i upgraded our cabin from Concierge to Aqua GTY on Equinox and almost immediately got cabin 1525 which i consider to be on excellent location, no overhang etc. But yes i've heard cabins in the same category somethimes can be changed.

Edited by Vaux

We have had a guarantee suite. We were assigned a Handicapped suite. I called Celebrity immediately and because other suites within the category were available, made the switch without any problem. Had a handicapped suite once and the bathroom is perfect for a handicapped person in a wheelchair, but not much storage and a wheel in shower instead of a bathtub. The closet was also good for a person in a wheel chair, but not great for a tall person. The suite itself was larger. If handicapped cabins aren't all sold out, they will assign them to non-handicapped people before the sailing.

I have had some success changing assigned cabins when booking guarantees, but obviously this depends on two things, availability and what kind of day your contact at Celebrity is having. If you are getting stonewalled, thank your contact, hang up, try again and hope grumpy didn't document the record. If using your TA, they can do the same for you. Good luck. (Assumes changes within the same cabin category).

We were unsuccessful doing this on our upcoming Summit cruise.

Moved from Oceanview to balcony on a guarantee and were immediately assigned a room a few down from the Sweet 16. Same category. I checked on the UK website and it showed all the Sweets on that side of ship were available. I asked my TA to move us. He called Celebrity and they wouldn't budge us.

I think that since the non guarantee prices were several hundred dollars more they were hoping to lure someone into choosing those rooms. And it worked -- subsequently on the roll call at least one person has introduced themselves and said they just booked a Sweet 16.

I'm still thrilled with my balcony though. Only paid $20CAD per person more than our oceanview and our group of three got three rooms side by side which we figured we were sacrificing on the guarantee gamble.

The few times we had a GTY with Celebrity we had no problems changing cabins after assignment.

As with many things Celebrity YMMV. I agree with the advice that if they say no, hang up and call back. Of course if you are dealing with a TA you need to leave it to them.

Mike

When everyone says the same category, do you mean a C3 for a C1 or C1 for a C1, etc.? I ask because we booked a concierge guarantee and were assigned a C3, which is fine, but there are a bunch of awesome C1s available that I might call about if it's possible.

C1 to a C1 - C3 to a C1 is moving categories you can only go to another C3 free of charge

When everyone says the same category, do you mean a C3 for a C1 or C1 for a C1, etc.? I ask because we booked a concierge guarantee and were assigned a C3, which is fine, but there are a bunch of awesome C1s available that I might call about if it's possible.

It's in the category you were assigned so C3 not C2 or C1.

if you booked a Concierge class guarantee you could end up with any cabin in C3 or higher, but never lower. Once the cruise line assigns a cabin, in this case C3, you can only expect them to possibly change your cabin to another C3 for no charge. If you wanted a C1, expect to pay the differential.

Thanks

Yes you can do that. I just did it last year after my guarantee cabin # was assigned & had no problem whatsoever, a quick phone call to Celebrity took care of it.

Edited by Jiminy1955