Out and about at ports

mysticlady2

Hello ladies, I was wondering if you could offer your suggestions in what to carry when your out and about at the ports? Do you take tote bags, purses, backpacks. I guess I am wondering also what to take with me. I am thinking camera, money, ??? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Just depends on what type of activities we are doing at port. Like above if it's a water excursion/beach day, we take beach bag with towels, sunscreen, dry clothes, and of course a wallet with id and money inside. If it's a land tour no water then just a cross body bag with important stuff in it. We try to limit what we take and only take necessities, less to carry around. Don't forget any meds you might need also if it's a full-day excursion.

When we just did a sight seeing tour I took a small cross body bag with my phone, ID and a few essentials.

when we did a beach day I have a nice tote that I can keep towels, my cover-up and sunscreen in. I also bring my small cross body bag. It fits in there as well.

I use my travel purse. In it is my wallet, a bit of prepackaged food (usually a cereal box), a few pieces of candy and a small first aid kit.

We rarely go to the beach in ports. When we do, it's usually just to walk in the sand. Then I'll bring some baby powder to get the sand off my feet.

It depends on where you are going and what you are doing. A beach bag may be OK if you are going on the typical Caribbean cruise, but would be out of character on a Med/Baltic cruise.

I usually just have my trusty everyday cross-body bag with me if I'm just doing a town. Holds what I need. Now, if I'm doing an active activity, I may have a small daypack. Both bags have zippered openings that I "lock" to the o-ring of the straps with screw carabiners.

Thank you everyone for their input on what to take. Do you ladies use the ships beach towels or are they to big to tote around. Also do you take your passports with you but what do you do if my husband and I are both in the water at the same time?

Have a magical day

Thank you everyone for their input on what to take. Do you ladies use the ships beach towels or are they to big to tote around. Also do you take your passports with you but what do you do if my husband and I are both in the water at the same time?

Have a magical day

I usually take my own towel off the ship, but in a effort to pack less on this next cruise, I will take one of the Carnival towels. We take our passports with us because I am not going to walk around in a foreign country without it. If we are both in the water, we just make sure that we always make sure that out bags are in our line of sight. We have never had an issue.

We just use the ship towels; don't want to have wet, sandy towels in my cabin the whole cruise.

We don't take our passports except in the rare instance when it is suggested that we do so. Luckily for us, my husband rarely swims so I just leave my stuff with him; also we bring as few valuables along as we can. Since I got a waterproof camera last year, that helps.

If we are both in the water at once he sticks our ship card and any money or credit cards in a pocket of his trunks in a zip-lock bag. It doesn't really matter if those items get wet anyway. It's doubtful if anyone is going to steal our towel or flip-flops, but if they did it wouldn't be a tragedy.

Across the body bag is good as it keeps your hands free to hold onto rails and easily pick up all the stuff you want to buy :). I sometimes carry a back pack. I often carry around one of the ship for my stuff

Inside I will a smaller purse then what i use at home. Just big enough for my credit cards, cash and a few coins. Even a coin purse. My phone which does have a section for cards and a few cash notes. camera although i sometimes will attach this to my belt. Sunglasses. Mini sunscreen. Pen, paper. Book or tablet.

Try before you go. Thats my motto. Clothes shoes and bags. Use them when out shopping to get an idea on feel and movement

I would wear a cross body bag or a bag that can zip up completely. I wouldn't trust an open bag or a backpack as people could pick pocket it easier. I would keep it simple. Pack sunglasses, some cash, your ID card, a different pair of shoes if necessary, just the absolute bare essentials.

I have a Pac Safe crossbow bag that I love....it has so many latches and closures that sometimes even I have a hard time opening it! In it go my travel wallet, camera, sunglasses and it has a side pocket for my water bottle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Thank you

Have a magical day

When we're going on an excursion involving water we put our cash, Driver's License, credit cards, and Sail & Sign card in a small, waterproof, plastic box that hangs around the neck or can be worn around the waist. We've never had a problem with anyone stealing anything from us. We rarely take our eyes off our belongings at the beach or on a boat. I never used to take my phone with me but on our last few trips/cruises I have. I keep it in a waterproof bag and in my purse/backpack/tote, whatever I'm using and keep it in eyesight at all times. Hope this helps.:)

It depends on where you are going and what you are doing. A beach bag may be OK if you are going on the typical Caribbean cruise, but would be out of character on a Med/Baltic cruise.

I usually just have my trusty everyday cross-body bag with me if I'm just doing a town. Holds what I need. Now, if I'm doing an active activity, I may have a small daypack. Both bags have zippered openings that I "lock" to the o-ring of the straps with screw carabiners.

Why no beach bag on a med cruise ... There are beaches there too 😀

• 2 weeks later...

I always attach a tiny bottle of the hand sanitizer that comes on a clip that I can attach to my cross body bag, which has some cash in small bills, a credit card (for emergency), my phone (for emergency and for a call to check on our furbabies when in port). We switch to an international phone plan for our trips. I scan our passports, the number for the port authorities at each port, our credit cards (back and front) and confirmations of all reservations (hotel, excursions, transportation etc) and e-mail them to myself. That way all my documentation can be easily accessed. I keep a couple of band-aids and the travel packages of Advil and Pepto slipped into my bag too, which has come in handy more than a few times. For a beach day, we have our towels, sunscreen,bug spray and a book in a water-proof tote. We have a water safe for our Seapass, credit card and cash that can go around our neck or waist. I just drop my cross body bag in the tote so that I'm only carrying one bag.

I bring a large tote with room to put stuff we may buy.

In the bag is my crossbody purse, brush, travel hair detangler (AN ABSOLUTE MUST for me on beach days), deodorant, moisturizer, handi wipes, sunglasses, phone/camera, advil, empty plastic bag for wet clothes if needed, husband's wallet.... we used to take our passports but we do copies of them instead.

We often just get off the ship to have lunch somewhere and then get right back on. For a day like that, I just take a small cross body purse with phone, small wallet, passport and lip balm. If we are doing some kind of beach or sail & snorkel excursion, I take a tote bag with all of the above, plus towel and sunscreen, and maybe a visor.