AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

On 8/25/2023 at 9:43 PM, Organized Chaos said:

Hey you, get off my lawn!

Speaking of old (just kidding my friend), is @Joe817  still lurking around this thread? Been a long time, Joe. Stop in and say hi.

Hey OC!. Long time no talk to! Hope you and yours are doing well. Not to much to report except trying to stay out of the heat!  It got up to 108F today. I'm so sick of the heat I could eat a bug. 

I haven't been on at all, as nothing to report. But...but...but, we are FINALLY going on a cruise next February. On a 5 day out of Galveston, on the Breeze. Really looking forward to it.

Take care my friend. 

46 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Hey OC!. Long time no talk to! Hope you and yours are doing well. Not to much to report except trying to stay out of the heat!  It got up to 108F today. I'm so sick of the heat I could eat a bug. 

I haven't been on at all, as nothing to report. But...but...but, we are FINALLY going on a cruise next February. On a 5 day out of Galveston, on the Breeze. Really looking forward to it.

Take care my friend. 

Great to hear from you again, Joe. I took a LONG break from the forum, but have been easing back into it. Unfortunately, we haven't cruised since they came back from the shutdown. We didn't get the poke in the arm, so had to wait for that policy to end, then life kinda got in the way. But I did win a $500 Carnival card from AARP, so I hope I get to use it in the near future.

If you haven't noticed the change, we're the AARP gift card thread now because Allstate Rewards is closing down. We have until this Sunday night to earn Allstate points (codes are rare these days) and until Oct. 31 to redeem points. They changed their cards to 8% and raised their shipping fee, so it's not really worth it anymore anyway, but you can use up points to enter some of their sweepstakes. Now AARP is the place to be for Carnival cards. They're still 10% off and they're all e-gift cards, so no shipping fee. The downside is, you have to be a paying member of AARP to buy Carnival cards, but the membership fee is very reasonable and the discount on gift cards (and other things) more than pays for the membership.

Good to see you again, my friend. Pop in once in a while to say hi.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Just logged in to get my last 50  points on Allstate. It was a bittersweet sentimental moment 😉 . 

Maybe that's why it didn't let me spin the wheel. I got an error first, then when I tried again, it told me I already played. Oh well, I hadn't gotten any points from it in a couple weeks. The good news is, I'll finally be able to delete my dumb Yahoo email address next month. Allstate was the only thing left on it...they could never get it changed for me. That'll be the end of an era itself. I've had it for 20 years at least.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Maybe that's why it didn't let me spin the wheel. I got an error first, then when I tried again, it told me I already played. Oh well, I hadn't gotten any points from it in a couple weeks. The good news is, I'll finally be able to delete my dumb Yahoo email address next month. Allstate was the only thing left on it...they could never get it changed for me. That'll be the end of an era itself. I've had it for 20 years at least.

I got the error message also while trying to spin tonight.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

I didn't win, but they had the scratch off game this morning???   I don't remember seeing the automatic 50 points for logging in though???

I logged in just now and the scratch off game was working again but I didn't win anything. I logged in last night at 10pm pacific time and got the 50 points still for logging in. Go figure! 

• Like 1

The combination of COVID, three cruises cancelled by Carnival, and galloping deeper daily into old age has resulted into accepting I won't cruise again.

Good news is three grandchildren with significant others have enjoyed gift cards refunded from my cancelled cruises.

I miss you all.

Happy Sailing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

The combination of COVID, three cruises cancelled by Carnival, and galloping deeper daily into old age has resulted into accepting I won't cruise again.

Good news is three grandchildren with significant others have enjoyed gift cards refunded from my cancelled cruises.

I miss you all.

Happy Sailing!

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, KKB said:

I just read that we cannot use these to pay onboard expenses on Australian cruises due to the different currency.

Can anyone confirm?

This is from Carnival's gift card website. Hope it helps. (https://carnival.ourgiftcards.com/terms)

The Carnival Gift Card is only available in USD. Gift Cards are not accepted on ships that sail with a functional onboard currency other than USD.

Gift Cards can be redeemed for or on any cruise sold or operated by Carnival Cruise Line®, except onboard those sailings operating in a non-USD functional currency onboard.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I didn't understand why Allstate was letting us play scratch & win since we can't earn points, but I just read the description. We can with gift cards with it now. That's cool. 🙂 I haven't won yet. That's not cool. 😔

I totally agree OC. I haven't won on the scratch offs(or any other game they had going) in a couple of weeks. But OTOH, giving an 8% discount instead of their long standing practice of 10% totally turned me off of Allstate gift cards. It's AARP gift card s:classic_wink:100% for me now. Plus I love the convenience of "instant" e-gift card.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, travelingtink said:

The Allstate app pushed an update today and I can no longer access my rewards. Can’t log in to the site either. Weren’t we supposed to be able t9 use the points thru the end of the month? 

Until October 31st. Try this URL: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

5 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Merging the Allstate and AARP threads was not the best idea - most of the posts no longer have anything to do with what I subscribed to (AARP).

Tom

Users can still talk about AARP, which we do occasionally. The reason Allstate comes up a bit more right now is because of the activities they have running as part of their closure. It'll be gone at the end of October, as will any posts about it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

I agree with this comment. It seemed to be a way to keep the post count going.

By post count, do you mean the number of posts (comments) within this thread? Yeah, that was something I mentioned when I requested the merger. I didn't try to hide it. I said multiple times that since this was the biggest thread that's currently active on the Carnival boards, it'd be nice to be able to keep it. A huge thread that's remained perfectly civil for 6 1/2 years, which is a nice accomplishment given that so many threads descend into negativity on here.

There used to be a large AARP thread years ago, but it died when they revamped their rewards program and Carnival cards became members only. Only a small handful of us were AARP members and most people weren't interested in joining, so we just used the Allstate thread to talk about AARP as well. There wasn't an AARP thread for years, so if it's such a big deal, where were the two of you then? The current size of this thread doesn't affect anyone's participation, so I don't see what post count has to do with it.

Now that Allstate is shutting down, and people realize AARP membership is a pretty good deal, more are willing to join. That's a good thing. This little discount gift card community we have here is actually a really good group of people. There's no reason to make it negative.

• Like 1