AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

I just put down a hefty deposit using gift cards on my Carnival Celebration, 12/27/22.  I have enough points to pay off the cruise for my family and more.  I have paid little attention to the RCL and Princess gift card/certificates,  but my perception is that individuals think these are more difficult to use.  Is that true?  Princess gives 15% off?  Has anyone used these on either RCL or Princess?

On 11/18/2020 at 8:33 AM, Ellaleah said:

I just put down a hefty deposit using gift cards on my Carnival Celebration, 12/27/22.  I have enough points to pay off the cruise for my family and more.  I have paid little attention to the RCL and Princess gift card/certificates,  but my perception is that individuals think these are more difficult to use.  Is that true?  Princess gives 15% off?  Has anyone used these on either RCL or Princess?

Not to worry about Princess gift cards.   We have used them many times.   Just like with Carnival gift cards, you can use Princess gift cards for your cruise deposit, your cruise fare, and for all onboard spending.  You can use them directly with Princesss, or through your travel agent.  Last time I checked, there were $100 Princess gift cards available at 15% off (i.e., for $85) on Allstate, but the $500 Princess gift cards had disappeared.  There is a good chance the $500 ones will be back.

As for the RCL certificates, we have never used them.  But I am pretty sure they come with severe limitations.  For some reason, I am thinking you may not be able to use the RCL certs on a "discounted" cruise fare -- but almost all decent cruise fares are discounted in some way!!  So I would definitely research RCL certs carefully before buying them.

On 11/18/2020 at 10:33 AM, Ellaleah said:

I've used the RCL certificates a couple of times.   They are certainly more cumbersome to use than the Gift Cards from Carnival.   I've only used them to pay off the cruise fare.   You have to fill them out and send them off, and at some point they will be credited to your account, but its probably a 3 to 4 week process.   But they will save you 10% (or whatever savings they're being sold at).   Worth it to me if it's for a cruise a ways off.

2 hours ago, MizzyMiz said:

Not sure they are still available, but on the Rewards site - Special Offers / Extra Savings page, they have $5 Amazon GC for 500 pts.

1 hour ago, n6uqqq said:

Thanks. It's hard to beat free!

Sure is.....just snagged it.  Shame there was a limit of 1.  100 of them for 50,000 points wouldn't put a dent in my total.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MizzyMiz said:

Not sure they are still available, but on the Rewards site - Special Offers / Extra Savings page, they have $5 Amazon GC for 500 pts.

Must have just missed it.  Sold out now.  But thanks for posting this!

19 hours ago, MizzyMiz said:

Looks like Allstate reloaded these this morning!  Snagged one on my account, and one on my wife's account.  The confirms signal that these will be physical gift cards, not ecards.  Not sure why Allstate would want to do all that shipping and handling, but, heh, I'm not complaining.

And keep your eye out on credit card offers.  I just got an offer of 5% back on my citi double cash card for "online" purchases up to $500 this weekend.  Think I will use that to get a $500 Carnival GC from Allstate.

Edited by Calnev1

1 hour ago, Calnev1 said:

And keep your eye out on credit card offers.  I just got an offer of 5% back on my citi double cash card for "online" purchases up to $500 this weekend.  Think I will use that to get a $500 Carnival GC from Allstate.

Got the same offer and I'm thinking of putting a 500 deposit on a late summer 2022 sailing of the Oasis of the Seas.  5% is a free 25 bucks.

2 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

Looks like Allstate reloaded these this morning!  Snagged one on my account, and one on my wife's account.  The confirms signal that these will be physical gift cards, not ecards.  Not sure why Allstate would want to do all that shipping and handling, but, heh, I'm not complaining.

Thanks!  I picked one up this morning!

49 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Dang! One per customer, that's just cruel. I loaded up $150 worth of Amazon cards because I have plenty of points to spare. Hit the Add to Cart button, but nothing happened. Scrolled up to see the 1 per customer message and my dreams were crushed. 😢

Like I mentioned a half dozen posts ago, 100 of those puppies worth 500 would have cost me 50,000 points, which is maybe 8.5% of my total.