AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

Just now, Calnev1 said:

If you have a spouse, open a separate Allstate Rewards account for them.  Then you can use every code twice . . . and build your points twice as fast.  My wife and I have separate Allstate and AARP Rewards accounts.  And my wife's sister lets me use her AARP account(s) too.  Lots of ways to get those discounted gift cards.

That is so obvious I feel stupid for not thinking of it, lol. Thanks.

Does Allstate run out of Carnival cards very often? It seems AARP does from time to time (like right now).

1 hour ago, thewynn said:

That is so obvious I feel stupid for not thinking of it, lol. Thanks.

Does Allstate run out of Carnival cards very often? It seems AARP does from time to time (like right now).

Both Allstate and AARP go through spells when they don't have Carnival Gift cards.  Fortunately, such spells are usually quite short.

Its a strange time right now though.  Allstate has all sorts of Carnival cards and a couple of RCCL certificates, but no Princess gift cards.   AARP has no Carnival or Princess cards . . . but is offering a Celebrity gift card, which I have never seen before anywhere.

• Like 1

I know this has been probably been answered several times in the last 172 pages, but can someone chime in. We've bought ALOT of Allstate cards but have used them as payment. My Carnival cruise is paid for and I have a $1000 card to use. I made and paid my cruise through a outside TA.

Can I pay for our 34th wedding anniversary dinner at Teppanyaki using that e card and will the rest show up as OBC? Called Carnival but got a strange answer.

Mahalo, Happy Thanksgiving

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

I know this has been probably been answered several times in the last 172 pages, but can someone chime in. We've bought ALOT of Allstate cards but have used them as payment. My Carnival cruise is paid for and I have a $1000 card to use. I made and paid my cruise through a outside TA.

Can I pay for our 34th wedding anniversary dinner at Teppanyaki using that e card and will the rest show up as OBC? Called Carnival but got a strange answer.

Mahalo, Happy Thanksgiving

You should be able to yes. I booked 37 reservations for the steakhouse for my daughter's wedding in Oct of 2020 on the website and used The Allstate Carnival cards. Of course the cruise was subsequently cancelled for covid and they mailed me back two gift cards  as refund. You can pay with your gift card and the remaining balance will not become OBC, it will remain on the gift card. You should be able to book it through Carnival.com even if you have a travel agent. I was booked through Costco and was still able to do it on Carnival website. 

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Thanks 1

I got my account to work. I just made a new one. I guess I did screw something up originally...

Anyway, are these gift cards usually available or does the deal go away at times? Also is there a limit to how many you can order at a time? Wondering if I should wait until closer to my payment date to pull the trigger just in case ... (January)

17 hours ago, gjm726 said:

Anyway, are these gift cards usually available or does the deal go away at times? Also is there a limit to how many you can order at a time? Wondering if I should wait until closer to my payment date to pull the trigger just in case ... (January)

Anyway, are these gift cards usually available (YES) ....

.....or does the deal go away at times?(YES)

On the AARP website, there is a purchase limit of five gift cards of any type per calendar month.

On the Allstate website, there is purchase limit of five cards per seven days.  I only ran up against this Allstate limit one time, so I can't tell you if the limit is "cards of any type" or cards of one particular type (e.g.,, "carnival $100 gift cards").  And I can't tell you if the seven day period is calendar days or business days or whatever.

For a January cruise I would get your cards now and not wait any longer.

11 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

A few months ago I bought 30 $100.00 cards for Princess @ 15% off in a single purchase. So obviously there was no purchase limit.

And last week I tried to buy two $100 Carnival cards, after buying four just days before, and the Allstate site would not let me.  It specifically said I could not purchase more than five cards in seven days.  Since my data point is more recent than yours, I bet my experience is now the current policy.

6 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

And last week I tried to buy two $100 Carnival cards, after buying four just days before, and the Allstate site would not let me.  It specifically said I could not purchase more than five cards in seven days.  Since my data point is more recent than yours, I bet my experience is now the current policy.

Just now I figured I could test this again with a dummy purchase.  Logged on to my Allstate account, tried to load 6 $100 carnival cards into my cart, and then went to checkout, where I got this message:  You can purchase only 5 item per offer per customer. Please lower the quantity in order to checkout.

1 minute ago, Calnev1 said:

Just now I figured I could test this again with a dummy purchase.  Logged on to my Allstate account, tried to load 6 $100 carnival cards into my cart, and then went to checkout, where I got this message:  You can purchase only 5 item per offer per customer. Please lower the quantity in order to checkout.

But wait.  Just tried another dummy purchase of 6 $500 carnival gift cards, and I got this message:  You can purchase only 3 item per offer per customer. Please lower the quantity in order to checkout.

1 hour ago, Calnev1 said:

You are correct and the three card limit on the higher denominations is correct also.

Web capture_28-11-2021_172353_allstaterewards.com.jpeg

Just now, SNJCruisers said:

So, you can buy 3 $500.00 cards or 3 $1000.00 per week.  Who is ever going to need to buy 6000.00 or 12000.00 worth of cards each month?  

The extent of these limits is not clear until someone tries multiple purchases of different denomination cards over different time periods.

And you yourself said that you bought thirty  $100 Princess cards in one go several months ago.  It would now be a major hassle to do that same thirty card purchase, having to spread it out using multiple purchases over many weeks.  In fact, if you have a cruise coming up in the near future, you might also be concerned that the denomination you want might disappear for a time before you could complete those purchases.

But am I worried about these new limits?  Not yet.  We will see.

27 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

So, you can buy 3 $500.00 cards or 3 $1000.00 per week.  Who is ever going to need to buy 6000.00 or 12000.00 worth of cards each month?  

Not me. I still have too many cancelled cruises rebooked 😉 

Thanks to all for the informative thread!  Just signed up for Allstate Rewards.  Here's the non-recent codes I was able to load.

WELCOMECOUPONS    1,000
WELCOME2WINNING    2,500
WELCOME2AR    1,000
WELCOME2OFFERS    1,500
WELCOME2DEALS    1,500
WELCOMEBACK    1,000

WELCOMEBIDS    1,000
WELCOME2SAVINGS    1,000
WELCOME2REWARDS    1,000
WELCOMEREWARD    1,000
WELCOMEBRANDS    1,500
WELCOMEPRIZES    2,500
WELCOMELOCAL    1,500
10KANNIVERSARY    10,000
5KANNIVERSARY    5,000

Joining + Login was 6,800, so this will get you ~40,000 quickly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, rempo said:

Thanks to all for the informative thread!  Just signed up for Allstate Rewards.  Here's the non-recent codes I was able to load.

WELCOMECOUPONS    1,000
WELCOME2WINNING    2,500
WELCOME2AR    1,000
WELCOME2OFFERS    1,500
WELCOME2DEALS    1,500
WELCOMEBACK    1,000

WELCOMEBIDS    1,000
WELCOME2SAVINGS    1,000
WELCOME2REWARDS    1,000
WELCOMEREWARD    1,000
WELCOMEBRANDS    1,500
WELCOMEPRIZES    2,500
WELCOMELOCAL    1,500
10KANNIVERSARY    10,000
5KANNIVERSARY    5,000

Joining + Login was 6,800, so this will get you ~40,000 quickly.

A comprehensive list of codes with staying power.  Nice!