AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

10 minutes ago, cmukid87 said:

Wow.  I was always under the impression the RCL cards could not be used like gift cards and could only be used when first booking the cruise.  So you can book/put a deposit down and pay with these?  I've always done it like that with the Carnival cards but those are true gift cards and a "certificate".

Yep.   I've used a few more since then.   Works similar to  Carnival, except you have about a 10 day lag cause you can't just apply them like with Carnival.   With these you have to send them to a gift certificate department, and they apply them.

1 hour ago, NanoGirl21 said:

Is there step by step instructions on how to sign up for the rewards?

Organized Chaos posted great instructions a few days ago for the process for non-Allstate customers to sign up. Spot on and very detailed. 

On 10/28/2021 at 2:10 PM, Organized Chaos said:

Did you create your account from the website (as in, on a computer) or from the Allstate mobile app? For non-customers, the account has to be created from the mobile app first.

As far as I know, non-customers are still allowed to be Rewards members. The rep. that told you they haven't been allowed for the last few years is definitely wrong. The problem is, I'm pretty sure their regular customer service is separate from their Rewards customer service, and one side doesn't know much about the other.

If you're interested in trying again, you'll likely have to call and have them delete your existing account first, but that should be the only call you have to make. From that point, don't let them do anything else. Install the Allstate mobile app on your phone and go from there.

Here are the instructions to create an account from the mobile app, but be warned, I haven't gone through the process for quite some time. I don't use the app, so I deleted it. So this may not be exact, but should be close. After installing, accept their terms of service. Click on Create an Account under the orange Log In button. On the next screen, non-customers need to choose Drivewise Only (No Allstate policy). <---- That part is key. If asked, you have to turn on location tracking through your phone's GPS. The app won't function without it, which is a big reason why I don't use it. You'll probably have to agree to another terms of service. Then fill out your information (name, address, etc.). From there, I can't remember where it takes you, but it should be self-explanatory from that point.

Once the account is created, you technically don't have to use the app anymore. You can enter codes and buy gift cards from the Rewards website. Use this URL as a non-customer: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

Hope that helps if you'd like to try again.

• Thanks 2

On 11/1/2021 at 10:44 AM, ULCajunCruiser said:

Yep.   I've used a few more since then.   Works similar to  Carnival, except you have about a 10 day lag cause you can't just apply them like with Carnival.   With these you have to send them to a gift certificate department, and they apply them.

And confirmed still can't be used onboard?

51 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

Interesting that Carnival currently only has $500 gift cards up on the Allstate site.  But both versions (i.e., both e-gift and plastic) are available.

It’s stressing me out. Hoping they get $100 gift cards back.  We are giving them for Christmas

6 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Thanks. You always seem to get the bonus codes that never show up in my email 😉 !

5 hours ago, mommysoncruiser said:

I never get the 2k bonus codes though 😔😂

2 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Just strange how some people get one code and a whole other group get's a totally different one???

Maybe Allstate customers get the bonus codes ???  I have Allstate and usually get the 2 K codes

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Maybe Allstate customers get the bonus codes ???  I have Allstate and usually get the 2 K codes

I also get the 2k codes.  But I am not an Allstate customer.   

Another theory of mine is that those who have been with Allstate Rewards for awhile get the 2k codes, and relative newcomers get the 1k codes.  Likely, this theory is also incorrect.  🙂

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 4:12 PM, mommysoncruiser said:

I was on the Magic and then on the horizon. 

On 10/31/2021 at 8:03 AM, babygrljaz said:

I was on Vista in Sept & Dream on now. I was able to add gc at kiosk on both. Before the shut down I was able to add them on Breeze too

I was on Horizon in March 2020 and couldn't get the kiosk to accept gift cards. Anybody's guess is as good as mine as to why they're so inconsistent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 10/29/2021 at 8:59 AM, gotscrapz said:

I purchase the e-cards through AARP. Apparently age doesn’t matter 😂 I had to join for like $12 for but it’s good for a few few years, and then I just purchase the cards as a normal website purchase - no points etc needed.

AARP & Allstate used to use the same rewards company, so everything was pretty much identical between the two. Then AARP revamped their rewards system and angered a lot of people because they switched Carnival cards to members only. We were already members, so it didn't affect us, but I understood why people were mad. They obviously realized the Carnival cards were a hot-ticket item and they saw an opportunity to boost the number of paying members. It was a pretty blatant money-grab and kind of low. But there wasn't anything anyone could do.

At first, they only allowed 3 cards a month and only had $100 available, so it wasn't very useful to people who wanted more. I had been using AARP as my primary & Allstate as a backup, but when they made their changes, I switched. The only time I've used AARP since then was when we needed a quick e-card or two, but now that Allstate brought those back (they had them years ago), I'll barely use AARP. We'll keep our membership, though, because the money we save using their hotel & rental car discounts pays for the membership and then some.

10 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

I also get the 2k codes.  But I am not an Allstate customer.   

Another theory of mine is that those who have been with Allstate Rewards for awhile get the 2k codes, and relative newcomers get the 1k codes.  Likely, this theory is also incorrect.  🙂

I've been w/ Allstate Rewards (non-customer) for 4 1/2 years now. I do get the 2k codes, so maybe there's something to your theory.

Back then, I signed up with an old email that I don't even use anymore. I've tried to get them to change it multiple times. They said it was changed, but the emails keep going to the old account, so I gave up. I just use this thread. Even when I used to check it to share codes, others here always got their codes hours before mine came through. Never understood that.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:44 AM, ULCajunCruiser said:

Can you use these to pay for a cruise close to final payment if you have transferred to a TA?

3 minutes ago, thewynn said:

Can you use these to pay for a cruise close to final payment if you have transferred to a TA?

Yes.  And once onboard you can use it to pay for all of your items on your sail n sign card.  Gratuities, specialty dining, excursions, pictures, drinks, etc.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bossygirl333 said:

WELCOMEREWARD

Thank you!  I am almost surprised it worked!  

For a long time I was signing in everyday to get the 50 points, but had gotten away from it!  I need to set myself up a reminder and do it daily.  I know 50 points isn't a lot, but even if I remember 20 days in a month it is an extra 1K.  

On 11/4/2021 at 4:56 PM, thewynn said:

Yes, TA's can make gift card payments in GoCCL (Carnival's Travel Agent Page) just the same as a credit card payment. 

• Like 1