AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

On 10/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, drvpaul123 said:

5KANNIVERSARY

5000 POINTS

On 10/1/2021 at 1:53 PM, MizzyMiz said:

10KANNIVERSARY works as well !!!!!

Thanks for posting. I was thinking I already used 5K, so I went back and looked. Different one...used "anniversary5k" in June 2020. We haven't seen them do the ole reversal trick in some time. So if you haven't used it yet, try ANNIVERSARY5K.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Another 15K in the coffers, thanks.  Never spend all these points.

Same here. About to break 700k. At the rate we cruise and the average cost of the ones we typically take, that's enough points for over 20 cruises. We don't go every year, so that's well over 20 years worth of gift cards, and counting. More if our son doesn't go. He's taken a friend a couple times and I used some our points to save them a little on their spending money. I might as well start giving points away to anyone who goes with us. Maybe charge them a small processing fee. 😈😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Same here. About to break 700k. At the rate we cruise and the average cost of the ones we typically take, that's enough points for over 20 cruises. We don't go every year, so that's well over 20 years worth of gift cards, and counting. More if our son doesn't go. He's taken a friend a couple times and I used some our points to save them a little on their spending money. I might as well start giving points away to anyone who goes with us. Maybe charge them a small processing fee. 😈😁

I bought 3000 worth of Princess @ 15% off a few months back to use towards our B2B next April.  

• Like 1

Its raining credit card offers!  There is a new Citi credit card offer out now that can get you some Carnival gift cards at 25% off!   The offer is for a $50 statement credit at Best Buy when you spend $200 there.  Being creative, you can buy Amazon gift cards at Best Buy and it triggers the credit (done that). You can then load the Amazon gift cards to your Amazon account and use them to buy Carnival gift cards.  Or Princess gift cards.  Or even Holland America gift cards, if you cruise with them (done that with HAL).  My wife had this $50 statement credit offer on her Citi Premier, and I also had it on my Citi Doublecash.   So a total of $100 back on $400 of purchases.  

Be aware if you are looking for this offer that when you log into your Citi account you might see more than one link to Citi merchant offers.   In my experience, this Best Buy offer only showed up on the second link!  Of course, you don’t have to buy cruise line gift cards with your discount.  You can buy anything in-store at Best Buy (except for Best Buy gift cards), or anything else that Amazon sells. 

• Like 3

OK so here's my story.   Recently booked a Symphony of the Seas cruise for next year.  I've used the Royal Caribbean gift certificates before, while not awesome they get the job done especially if you have time.  

So I logged on yesterday and was going to buy some.  But to my surprise, they had some $500 and $100 e-gift cards.   I hadn't seen them before!!  So I went ahead and bought $2000 worth, saving $200!!  But then spent the rest of my day on the phone with Royal and with Allstate rewards trying to figure out how to use them!!!!   Bottom line is as of right now, Royal will not accept them (the e-gift cards, which were basically just a spreadsheet with all the card #'s and pins).   All the Card #'s were 17 digits and Royal says there's just nowhere to input that!!

Allstate Rewards says they are looking into it and that they should get back to me in 2-3 days.   They did say that they would not be selling something unusable, duh!!!

Anyway, I will keep you updated as I find out things, but would suggest you hold off on buying those until there is a resolution.

I'm not flaming mad.   Pretty sure it's a mix up of some type and at worst I'll get refunded.  I would like to add that both the Royal agent in the gift card department and the customer service rep at Allstate rewards were genuinely puzzled and tried to help me out every way possible.

Until later....

Bill

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

OK so here's my story.   Recently booked a Symphony of the Seas cruise for next year.  I've used the Royal Caribbean gift certificates before, while not awesome they get the job done especially if you have time.  

So I logged on yesterday and was going to buy some.  But to my surprise, they had some $500 and $100 e-gift cards.   I hadn't seen them before!!  So I went ahead and bought $2000 worth, saving $200!!  But then spent the rest of my day on the phone with Royal and with Allstate rewards trying to figure out how to use them!!!!   Bottom line is as of right now, Royal will not accept them (the e-gift cards, which were basically just a spreadsheet with all the card #'s and pins).   All the Card #'s were 17 digits and Royal says there's just nowhere to input that!!

Allstate Rewards says they are looking into it and that they should get back to me in 2-3 days.   They did say that they would not be selling something unusable, duh!!!

Anyway, I will keep you updated as I find out things, but would suggest you hold off on buying those until there is a resolution.

I'm not flaming mad.   Pretty sure it's a mix up of some type and at worst I'll get refunded.  I would like to add that both the Royal agent in the gift card department and the customer service rep at Allstate rewards were genuinely puzzled and tried to help me out every way possible.

Until later....

Bill

Please keep us posted and I hope it works out quickly for you.  I never understood how to use the RCCL cards.  I might need to use them one day.  

3 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Until later....

Bill

I just logged into my Allstate account and I see the RC gift stuff.  Not sure what exactly to call them, as the $500 one is labeled as an "egift certificate," and the $100 one is labeled as an "egift card."  

Please do keep us posted on how this works out.  I also have never understood how this RC gift stuff works.

2 hours ago, tw67 said:

Please keep us posted and I hope it works out quickly for you.  I never understood how to use the RCCL cards.  I might need to use them one day.  

27 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

I just logged into my Allstate account and I see the RC gift stuff.  Not sure what exactly to call them, as the $500 one is labeled as an "egift certificate," and the $100 one is labeled as an "egift card."  

Please do keep us posted on how this works out.  I also have never understood how this RC gift stuff works.

I've used the certificates before.  It's not user friendly!!   

Here are the steps I've used:

Buy them

Wait for them to be mailed to you

When you receive them, sign them

Scan the signed certificates to your PC

Email the scanned files to RCCL

Wait 10 to 14 days for confirmation they've been received and applied

Check your RCCL account and verify they have been applied

See easy peasy, lemon squeezy!!  LOL

Like I said, not user friendly, but if you have the time, they work and you get the 10% discount!!

Will keep y'all updated on my situation

10 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

I've used the certificates before.  It's not user friendly!!   

Here are the steps I've used:

Buy them

Wait for them to be mailed to you

When you receive them, sign them

Scan the signed certificates to your PC

Email the scanned files to RCCL

Wait 10 to 14 days for confirmation they've been received and applied

Check your RCCL account and verify they have been applied

See easy peasy, lemon squeezy!!  LOL

Like I said, not user friendly, but if you have the time, they work and you get the 10% discount!!

Will keep y'all updated on my situation

Don't they also have the restrictions of booking directly with RCI and also using it right away as your deposit instead of on a previously booked cruise?

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Don't they also have the restrictions of booking directly with RCI and also using it right away as your deposit instead of on a previously booked cruise?

Yes, there are several fine print restrictions.   But near as we could tell, I wasn't in violation of any of those.   Seems like it more the mechanics of they were to be used that was the question!!