AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

1 hour ago, Newe08 said:

Thanks!!  I’ve got final payment due this coming Sunday for our January cruise and was wondering if I should risk buying the e-cards.  

I used the egift cards within minutes of getting them to pay off my balance a couple weeks ago. No issues. Still have some left on one of the $500 egift cards-I printed out page with the number/pin on it just in case it got lost somewhere in my email lol!

37 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

super fast & easy!  I just bought one a little over a week ago to pay for a last minute cruise on the 4th.  i got the e card email before the allstate receipt email 😃 

I just went to look in my email and I got the cards before the receipt too LOL

• Like 2

I cruise later this month.  I went to pre-pay my gratuities with a GC and it doesn't give it to me as an option for the form of payment.  I could use paypal or a credit card.

So I can just go up and pay it with my Credit Card, no big deal.  I could use my GC once I get on the ship, but just want to get it over with now, and not wait in a line.... or I can buy more cruise credit and it will take it off of my cruise credit before it hits my credit card.  

I just can't believe I never noticed this before....

2 hours ago, tw67 said:

I cruise later this month.  I went to pre-pay my gratuities with a GC and it doesn't give it to me as an option for the form of payment.  I could use paypal or a credit card.

So I can just go up and pay it with my Credit Card, no big deal.  I could use my GC once I get on the ship, but just want to get it over with now, and not wait in a line.... or I can buy more cruise credit and it will take it off of my cruise credit before it hits my credit card.  

I just can't believe I never noticed this before....

Did you add gratuities when you booked under itemized charges on your booking confirmation. If you did and it is part of your balance due, you just have to go to manage my booking on carnival.com and you can pay using a gift card. There are 3 tabs at the to of the page when you click on make a payment. gift card, credit card and paypal. If you booked yourself or with a PVP you should see these choices.

2 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Did you add gratuities when you booked under itemized charges on your booking confirmation. If you did and it is part of your balance due, you just have to go to manage my booking on carnival.com and you can pay using a gift card. There are 3 tabs at the to of the page when you click on make a payment. gift card, credit card and paypal. If you booked yourself or with a PVP you should see these choices.

My friend is a travel agent and I have her book all of my cruises.  I didn't have her put the gratuities on when we paid.  In the past I think sometimes I have and sometimes I haven't.  This one we decided on just a few weeks ago, so we had paid right away.  I have the button on my screen to prepay the gratuities, but paying with the GC isn't an option.  I paid for Cheers, my Internet, my float at HMC all with GC, but this isn't in the "store" part.  It is in a different area of the website.  I just assumed that I would have had the GC option.  

8 minutes ago, tw67 said:

My friend is a travel agent and I have her book all of my cruises.  I didn't have her put the gratuities on when we paid.  In the past I think sometimes I have and sometimes I haven't.  This one we decided on just a few weeks ago, so we had paid right away.  I have the button on my screen to prepay the gratuities, but paying with the GC isn't an option.  I paid for Cheers, my Internet, my float at HMC all with GC, but this isn't in the "store" part.  It is in a different area of the website.  I just assumed that I would have had the GC option.  

I see, sorry I was not any help.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tw67 said:

That is ok, you made me feel better!  I am not the only one who thinks it should be there!!  🙂

It's likely because you added them after final payment. I always add mine when I book knowing that I can remove them later if necessary without any trouble. I like getting the gift card discount on my gratuities and everything possible 😉 . The electronic gift cards on Allstate are finally working right and it is a great option! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, n6uqqq said:

I like getting the gift card discount on my gratuities and everything possible 😉 . The electronic gift cards on Allstate are finally working right and it is a great option! 

Exactly!  Yes, glad it is working again.  

I created an account, downloaded the app, but drivewise doesn't show up. I called AllState, spoke to 5 different reps in 2 days to troubleshoot the problem. The last rep confirmed that you now have to be an AllState customer to get drivewise and that I cannot get it. Not sure how true this is, but I was never able to view/get the drivewise app. I gave up.

1 hour ago, klfhngr said:

I created an account, downloaded the app, but drivewise doesn't show up. I called AllState, spoke to 5 different reps in 2 days to troubleshoot the problem. The last rep confirmed that you now have to be an AllState customer to get drivewise and that I cannot get it. Not sure how true this is, but I was never able to view/get the drivewise app. I gave up.

I am not an Allstate customer... the only way that I have been able to reliably access an account is by using this link:

https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

I always have issues with the app too... if you run into issues on the computer, generally trying an InPrivate or incognito browser can alleviate the issues. 

Good luck

1 hour ago, klfhngr said:

Per the Allstate website you don't need to have insurance through them to join drivewise. It is a great program but is very quirky with signing up and logging in can be troublesome occasionally. The main thing I heard people have trouble with is you have to create your rewards account through the app first. If you try and set it up not using the app such as a laptop it will not work. People with this problem had to call Allstate and have the rep delete the account entirely and then re do it through the mobile app. 

Web capture_20-10-2021_103856_www.allstate.com.jpeg