AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

20 minutes ago, NanoGirl21 said:

Thank you all. I was able to sign up. I am excited to start to be abe to get gift cards for my first cruise. Is there any way to earn codes or do you just watch out for them in email?

Usually on Wednesday the new codes come to your email.  But go back in this thread and you will see a list of codes that will get you a really good start.  Try all of them.  There is no penalty if they don't work.  Also, sign on every day and earn the 50 daily points.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Usually on Wednesday the new codes come to your email.  But go back in this thread and you will see a list of codes that will get you a really good start.  Try all of them.  There is no penalty if they don't work.  Also, sign on every day and earn the 50 daily points.

There are at least two categories of codes that seem to have longevity:  Those embedded with "Welcome" and those with embedded "Anniversary."  For example, newcomers should try 

5KANNIVERSARY and 10KANNIVERSARY

Those two codes alone should get your Allstate Gift Card experience off to a flying start.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 9:39 AM, nklpikl said:

It’s stressing me out. Hoping they get $100 gift cards back.  We are giving them for Christmas

Allstate now has Carnival egift cards up in all three denominations:  $100, $500, and $1000.

A few additional questions:

Is there ever a discount greater than 10%?

Can these gift cards by used for all carnival items ie. bookings, excursions, cheers, room gifts?

Is there a limit on how many cards can be purchased?

I am going on my first cruise March 2022 and I didn't have any "offers" when I booked and it's paid off. Because of this i'm trying to save as much as possible and want to get the best bang for my buck with the gift cards. I still need to pre-purchase cheers and there are a few room gifts that i'd like to get too.

42 minutes ago, NanoGirl21 said:

A few additional questions:

Is there ever a discount greater than 10%?

Can these gift cards by used for all carnival items ie. bookings, excursions, cheers, room gifts?

Is there a limit on how many cards can be purchased?

I am going on my first cruise March 2022 and I didn't have any "offers" when I booked and it's paid off. Because of this i'm trying to save as much as possible and want to get the best bang for my buck with the gift cards. I still need to pre-purchase cheers and there are a few room gifts that i'd like to get too.

Yes, at one time they had 12%, but that is not the norm and I wouldn't necessarily wait for that to happen again. 

Almost everything you can buy on the website you can pay with a Carnival Gift Card.  I had not prepaid my gratuities when paying for my last cruise, so I went in to pay them before the cruise and found that I couldn't use GC for that.  Which I found interesting because if I had my TA put down to prepay I would have used a card with them through her. 

My last cruise I paid for everything with GC, except for my gratuity.  So that I didn't have to take cards with me on the ship, I bought cruise cash.  The cruise cash paid for added tips, tax in port on our drinks, etc.  We just went over it by a few dollars, and that went onto the card we had put down during check in.  We had prepaid for our internet, CHEERS, case of water, all with gift cards.  I will now start working on my January cruise.  

• Like 2

On 11/3/2021 at 12:39 PM, nklpikl said:

It’s stressing me out. Hoping they get $100 gift cards back.  We are giving them for Christmas

They are back!  I had just posted about them, but wanted to make sure that you see it!

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 9:39 AM, nklpikl said:

If you want to make someone REALLY happy at Christmas, the $1,000 plastic gift cards are back too!

🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

Has anyone used the Allstate Rewards cards for Princess?  Can you get those as E-cards and do they come immediately?  Thank u!

They have had Princess e-cards in the past but more recently they have only been the mailed cards.

Michael

13 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Can someone please post when plastic cards are back. Thanks it’s appreciated! Trying to start buying to buy cheers for a May Cruise!

why can't you just buy ecards?  They work just the same & shipping cost.  Ecards are sent immediately, you can print or save it in your email.  You can also add it to your google wallet if you use that.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Can someone please post when plastic cards are back. Thanks it’s appreciated! Trying to start buying to buy cheers for a May Cruise!

The only plastic g.c.'s they have right now is the $500 one.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

why can't you just buy ecards?  They work just the same & shipping cost.  Ecards are sent immediately, you can print or save it in your email.  You can also add it to your google wallet if you use that.

For clarity, I think babygrljaz meant to say something like "They work just the same and you avoid the shipping costs."  The egift cards definitely have advantages.  Disadvantages of the egift cards, I guess, are that maybe you can't load them onboard at the kiosk (have to go to to guest services?) and perhaps they aren't quite as secure as the physical cards.   But I am perfectly happy so far with the egift cards. And if you want to be able to show something physical to the person at guest services, the egift cards print out with a nice full color image of a gift card, so there is that.

4 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

For clarity, I think babygrljaz meant to say something like "They work just the same and you avoid the shipping costs."  The egift cards definitely have advantages.  Disadvantages of the egift cards, I guess, are that maybe you can't load them onboard at the kiosk (have to go to to guest services?) and perhaps they aren't quite as secure as the physical cards.   But I am perfectly happy so far with the egift cards. And if you want to be able to show something physical to the person at guest services, the egift cards print out with a nice full color image of a gift card, so there is that.

They can be loaded onboard using the kiosk I did it on Sept on Vista and in Oct on Dream. I personally prefer ecards because you get them immediately rather than having to wait for them to be shipped and get lost or take nearly a month to come in, both of which have happened to me.

• Like 1