Soda in the main dining room?

We are sailing on the Oasis next year and was wondering if soda was offered with your meal in the main dining room or do you need the drink package? Never cruised RC but other cruise lines I have been on offer free soda with dinner in the main dining room even if you don't have the soda package.

My understanding is that you need the soda package or to pay a la carte. If you're only buying a soda at dinner it's probably cheaper to just buy the one. Break even point on the sodas seems to be at about 2 1/2 sodas a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are sailing on the Oasis next year and was wondering if soda was offered with your meal in the main dining room or do you need the drink package? Never cruised RC but other cruise lines I have been on offer free soda with dinner in the main dining room even if you don't have the soda package.

Nope.

1. Generally speaking, although it is against RC written policy, it is very easy to carry on a small amount of canned soda.

2. Juices are free at breakfast. The varieties are not the same on all ships, but usually include orange, apple, and something else.

Soda pop fountain drinks use to be free on Royal in the main dining room only, 25-30 years ago. Had caviar at dinner, room steward clean room 8 times a day, afternoon tea with little sandwiches. But my daughter still misses evening bed turn down and the mint on the pillow...

Soda pop fountain drinks use to be free on Royal in the main dining room only, 25-30 years ago. Had caviar at dinner, room steward clean room 8 times a day, afternoon tea with little sandwiches. But my daughter still misses evening bed turn down and the mint on the pillow...

Royal doesn't do evening turn down??

Do they freshen the towels or fill the ice in the evening? Or do they just go in the room once a day?

Royal doesn't do evening turn down??

Do they freshen the towels or fill the ice in the evening? Or do they just go in the room once a day?

Yes they do evening turn down including towels. There is no longer a mint or chocolate left on the pillow - this is what the previous poster was referring to

Thank you. With a group of 7 and three children I am asking things as I think of them. We have a lot of time to plan so getting started early since we never have been on RC before. I have sent a message to RC asking about what can and can't be brought on since I have a restricted diet. Hoping to pack some things for myself.

Thank you. With a group of 7 and three children I am asking things as I think of them. We have a lot of time to plan so getting started early since we never have been on RC before. I have sent a message to RC asking about what can and can't be brought on since I have a restricted diet. Hoping to pack some things for myself.

You can contact the special needs department about your restricted diet. Depending on what the issue is, you will be shown the menu for the next night so you can order your meal in advance so they can address all your special requirements.

You can contact the special needs department about your restricted diet. Depending on what the issue is, you will be shown the menu for the next night so you can order your meal in advance so they can address all your special requirements.

I emailed them and they said to talk to the head waiter the first night. Nice to hear you can pick something out the night before. Not as worried about making it through the day but really want to enjoy a warm meal with my family at night. Thanks for letting me know that.

I emailed them and they said to talk to the head waiter the first night. Nice to hear you can pick something out the night before. Not as worried about making it through the day but really want to enjoy a warm meal with my family at night. Thanks for letting me know that.

You should be able to have your needs met during the day too. The first day will be more of a challenge, but once you speak to someone about your needs, they will guide you. Oasis has a gluten free section in the Windjammer, soy milk is available on request, you can order low salt meals if that is your concern. Menus have items listed with symbols showing what can be made vegetarian or is dairy free.

If you do a forum search for what your specific issue is, you will most likely find a thread addressing your concerns. There are many gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, allergy threads that most likely will help you.:)

Ok. Thank you. Just trying to plan ahead and decide if anyone will get the soda package. I don't think we will get enough to make it worth the price.

Understood! however, let me offer what you get with the soda package on Oasis. There are approximately 7 Coke freestyle machines you can get many carbonated soda beverages and many flavored waters, or lemonades. With this option you may find it more worth while.

Understood! however, let me offer what you get with the soda package on Oasis. There are approximately 7 Coke freestyle machines you can get many carbonated soda beverages and many flavored waters, or lemonades. With this option you may find it more worth while.

I think 4 out of the 7 of us would use it enough. I am glad you can buy it for just who wants it and not have to buy it for everyone in your stateroom. If it wasn't for the freestyle it would probably be less people. Thanks.

There are some juices available but they're from concentrate, fresh squeezed is only included with the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can, however, purchase fresh squeezed individually. If the children drink juice throughout the day, just bring some empty sports bottles and fill them with juice at breakfast.