Latitudes Insiders Offer ?

soloadventurer

I've already booked a cruise which is now part of Latitudes Insiders Offer - will i get the additional Latitudes Point per night and up to $100 USD onboard credit ?

Your confirmation should have LATBONUS code on the top right, if it doesn't call NCL and have them add the the code. You may need a cancel/rebook so make sure your pricing is still the same as when you booked.

I've already booked a cruise which is now part of Latitudes Insiders Offer - will i get the additional Latitudes Point per night and up to $100 USD onboard credit ?

You get the points and OBC if it is an insider offer at the time you book. If it has changed since you booked then you don't get the extras.

If your sailing pops up on the Insider Offers list, you can always ask to cancel and rebook during that month. Just make sure that the extra point and OBC is worth whatever you might be giving up by rebooking.

The Insider Offers seem to cycle through all the different cruise regions from month to month. If they added it automatically to all existing bookings, pretty much everyone who booked in advance would end up with the offer by the time their sailing rolled around. So that's not how it works. You have to book during that specfic month.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

If your sailing pops up on the Insider Offers list, you can always ask to cancel and rebook during that month. Just make sure that the extra point and OBC is worth whatever you might be giving up by rebooking.

We just had the same situation. Have a Med. cruise booked for August which just came up in the January offer for an extra point a night. (we already had the $100 obc per cabin. In order to get the offer we would have to cancel and rebook, and spend another couple of hundred dollars per cabin as the cruise price went up. Not worth it, in our case.

How often do the Latitudes Inside Offers change? It seems like it's been stuck on the same European promotion since I first started following it in October. All they do is change the month at the top of the page but the promotion never moves to a different region.

How often do the Latitudes Inside Offers change? It seems like it's been stuck on the same European promotion since I first started following it in October. All they do is change the month at the top of the page but the promotion never moves to a different region.

Today!

fb8564ccfa67f9dd3325235d0cc6f997.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did a final payment on a cruise yesterday that is now an insider offer. I called this am and they added the offer for me but acted like it was some great feat. It's for 2 haven suites so I would have been very disappointed if they hadn't added it since it was less than 24 hours since payment. Although they nicely reminded me the 24 hour change no longer exists. Sometimes they make it hard to like them! :p

I am in a similar boat (har har), but new wrinkle to my situation.

We are booked on the Spirit 11 day May 28/17. When you go to NCL.com there's something new listed on the date and price table, in addition to the Free at Sea (extra guests). It's a new little color bar that says "Lattitudes Rewards Insider Offer". When you click for info, it says Lattitudes members receive an extra point per night -- x categories excluded. Great! I think to myself...this applies to me since I didn't book an X category.

Call up my travel agency (credit cards points one--got $1,300 in points that I wanted to apply to the cruise and must book through the credit card agency) to ask about the extra night. She calls NCL and they tell her that that doesn't apply -- you only get an extra point per night if you are booked in a suite or the Haven or are booking nine month out.

I point out that it's on the website in black and white. She points that out to NCL. NCL tells her, no, no extra points apply in this situation.

I say, okay, I will cancel and rebook. Travel agent suggest that to NCL, NCL rep says, even if she cancels and rebooks, she won't get an extra night because it's only for people in suites/haven or those who are booking nine months out.

But, I again pointed out, it says on NCL.com that there is a Lattitudes rewards bonus....no restrictions other than guarantee (x) categories being excluded.

Catch 22?

Can anyone suggest someone for me to call or email? I feel this may be a situation of the people in the rates department not being up to date on this new add. I'd like that extra point per night if I can get it.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions :)

ETA: Booked in January; price of cruise has not gone up since then.

Edited by macandlucy

ETA: Booked in January; price of cruise has not gone up since then.

If you booked in January, when your sailing was not designated as an Insider Offer, you don't get the extra point. You need to cancel and rebook so that your booking date is in February 2017.

Since the price has not gone up, and the promos have not changed (unless you booked at the beginning of January, during the Dash Sale), you have nothing to lose by rebooking.

You can even make a second booking without cancelling your current one (obviously not the same cabin) and verify that the Insider Offer promo code and OBC appear on the new booking.

I don't think it's something that they can (typically) add to your existing booking.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

If you booked in January, when your sailing was not designated as an Insider Offer, you don't get the extra point. You need to cancel and rebook so that your booking date is in February 2017.

Since the price has not gone up, and the promos have not changed (unless you booked at the beginning of January, during the Dash Sale), you have nothing to lose by rebooking.

You can even make a second booking without cancelling your current one (obviously not the same cabin) and verify that the Insider Offer promo code and OBC appear on the new booking.

I don't think it's something that they can (typically) add to your existing booking.

Thanks for the reply, Hawkeyetise. :)

I did suggest cancelling and rebooking, and my "travel agent" suggested that very thing to the NCL agent (so she says -- I asked!), but, and here is the rub, NCL says even if I cancelled and rebooked I would not get the extra point because the Lattutudes Bonus offer that is showing on NCL.com doesn't apply or exist or something.

I like your idea of booking another cabin though. I might try that, thanks.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you pull that from? I just logged on to NCL and checked Latitudes Insider Offers and they are all European based.

This is what I get: https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/insider-offer

Click Terms and Conditions toward the bottom of your page. You'll find this...

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/latitudes-extra-point-obc?hide_hf=true

I don't understand why they would tell your TA that, unless you booked an "X" category (not eligible for Insider Offers) or some other obscure detail that disqualifies your booking according to the terms.

I don't understand it either. I did not book an X. It pretty clearly says it's available on NCL.com, but despite my pointing that out and the TA pointing that out, the NCL rep still maintained that it only applied to bookings 9 months out or Haven/suites. I asked my TA to tell the rep about the NCL website showing it, she said she did, and that the NCL rep still said no.

I'm stymied.

I just called and added my Latitudes Insiders offer! I booked in December. Since then the price has stayed the same, but I have the $50 deposit, free at see, Dash promo, Ncl selects and now the extra Latitudes point and another $100 OBC! I have never had this many promos before!

It was so easy too, they don't even have to rebook you anymore if no price changes they just add it and it's done.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sent an email to my pcc seeing if we could get the extra latitudes points added for our Aug. Med. cruise. Got a reply back that this could be done, but we would lose the prepaid gratuities we had chosen as one of our 2 perks. (they were being offered when we booked- not now.) Have to decide if giving up that perk is worthwhile. The extra points would bump us up from gold to platinum. Would take the $50 shore excursion credit instead of the grats.

Question: It says $50 shore exc. credit per port. We will ne stopping at 5 ports. That means we would get $250 per cabin??? (we have 2 balconies booked). Do we have to wait till onboard to book the excursions, or can we pre-book them, as we usually do? Do not want to take the chance that the excursions we want will be sold out before we board.