Yeti cup/ private Island

Gogo7575

Can anyone tell me if RCI allow you to bring your own Cup on board? Like a big Yeti insulated one?

And next question is, if you have the drink package, does it work on RCI's private island?

Appreciate the help, I am sure I will have other minor questions soon

Can anyone tell me if RCI allow you to bring your own Cup on board? Like a big Yeti insulated one?

And next question is, if you have the drink package, does it work on RCI's private island?

Appreciate the help, I am sure I will have other minor questions soon

I don't think they will mix a drink in your yeti cup. (Not sure) . You can get a drink and pour it in your cup.

Yes Drink packages work on private island.

They prefer you to use a clean glass to refill your cup to avoid contamination with dispensers. I have seen too many people take a used water bottle and put the spigot inside the bottle. Can you say gross? I no longer get anything from the self serve beverage dispensers and I quit coming home with the cruise crud.

Why would the cruise line care if you carry your own cup?

OP is new to CC and this is a legitimate question for someone possibly new to both RCI and cruising as well. You've been on these boards since 2004, so what may be obvious to you won't be for someone new to it all.

Edited by Fouremco

I agree.

Before asking, think it through.

Why would they not?

Think it through huh? With the posts on this forum and other questions that make zero sense. A simple question results in a$$ hats like you ruining a Simple questions.

I will bow down to all of your great knowledge and excess time in your day because you obviously do not have a life

OP is new to CC and this is a legitimate question for someone possibly new to both RCI and cruising as well. You've been on these boards since 2004, so what may be obvious to you won't be for someone new to it all.

This ^^^

Not to mention that Yeti's aren't cheap, so what does it hurt for the OP to ask, just to make sure the cruise line doesn't have some issue with them that he never considered that winds up with them being confiscated?

As for the person who mentioned having the drink package so just keep a fresh one coming every 15 minutes, that's easier said than done with the reductions in bar staff and cocktail servers. Plus I like having a lid on my cup, and I use it for coffee in the morning as well, so that it stays hot longer.

Think it through huh? With the posts on this forum and other questions that make zero sense. A simple question results in a$$ hats like you ruining a Simple questions.

I will bow down to all of your great knowledge and excess time in your day because you obviously do not have a life

Dang dude you just put yourself in his category....can't we all get along:D

OP just ignore all but the folks who answered your legitimate question, but no one has to make another snarky remark about the others. This is CRUISE critic, not people critic.

:eek:oops I think I just did it..............;)

I'm going to tag along with OP's question, has anyone had any issues in transit with their own mugs? (i.e. TSA/Airlines)

I love having cold water all day and take a cup with me just about everywhere and I'm undecided about taking mine on our next trip.

Thanks OP for a good question I didn't realize I wanted to ask.....;):)

I'm going to tag along with OP's question, has anyone had any issues in transit with their own mugs? (i.e. TSA/Airlines)

I love having cold water all day and take a cup with me just about everywhere and I'm undecided about taking mine on our next trip.

Thanks OP for a good question I didn't realize I wanted to ask.....;):)

I recently took my empty Yeti in my carry on bag through TSA in Miami and St Thomas, no issues.

I'm sure you'd have to pack it in checked luggage for airlines, but you can walk on an empty through RCCL easily.

Or maybe not according to Scubarn

As long as there is no liquid in it going through airport security, it's not a problem. I often fill my thermal cup (not a Yeti but similar) with coffee once past security and keep that to sip on while waiting to board the plane. If I haven't finished it, I bring cup 'n coffee into the cabin.

As long as there is no liquid in it going through airport security, it's not a problem. I often fill my thermal cup (not a Yeti but similar) with coffee once past security and keep that to sip on while waiting to board the plane. If I haven't finished it, I bring cup 'n coffee into the cabin.

I'm sure you'd have to pack it in checked luggage for airlines, but you can walk on an empty through RCCL easily.

Or maybe not according to Scubarn

Thanks for the info! I'll take mine, and just be sure to empty it before TSA.