No More Drink Tasting/Classes?

oneplustwins

We were on the Breakaway in 2014 and attended a Margarita Tasting in one of the bars. $15 and you got some great entertainment from the bartender teaching you how to make drinks and then we got to sample four kinds of margaritas. I've scanned the dailies for our upcoming Escape cruise and I can't find these tastings/classes. Are they no longer offered?

Edited by oneplustwins

I love the Martini Tasting. We always have a great time and make some new friends by the end! Plus it's something to do and you learn a little something. ( that you won't remember by the end anyway so you need to take the class over)

Hoping my Epic cruise has it next week. With 3 sea days, I'll need a diversion.

There was something on the epic last December. Can't remember the details. I think iy was a wine tasting.

when we were on the Epic in November they had wine tasting and martini tasting as in the past. We had been told by someone the tasting had been removed but this wasn't the case. I do remember the wine tasting was in one of the MDRs. We did not attend. I am surprised someone has gotten the idea they have been discontinued.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I really do not see the point in charging for this. This should be a fun free activity I don't know why they look at it as revenue off of alcohol.

Anytime you see alcohol involved on a ship they want to charge you.

Shoot the Liquor store by my house has these for free all the time it is cheap advertisement.

This will probably go away since they only like to promote activities that they can charge you money for instead of making it feel included.

the folks that still think everything should be included in there cruise fair are being priced out of cruising I don't mind paying for tips on the UBP or paying for specialty dinning packages but the excursion prices I do not pay and the spa I used to get free I wont pay unless it includes things beyond sitting in the pools and tubs.

I will still cruise because I like it and I still think its afordable even with some add on pricing. But there are some things I think are not worth the money.

when we were on the Epic in November they had wine tasting and martini tasting as in the past. We had been told by someone the tasting had been removed but this wasn't the case. I do remember the wine tasting was in one of the MDRs. We did not attend. I am surprised someone has gotten the idea they have been discontinued.

Any idea what the charge is for these tastings? Would be interested in the wine tasting if it includes some decent wines.

Was on the Dawn in November, did a wine and chocolate pairing/tasting, two martini tastings and a margarita tasting. The second margarita tasting was cancelled due to no one showing up. All were about $20/extra, but enjoyed them all. The martini tastings were all very well attended.