Wait list for traditional

antsp

In all the years we have sailed on Princess we have never chosen traditional dining, on our upcoming transatlantic we are planning on 6pm dining, what I don't understand is the wait list, we are no.16. What does this mean. 8pm is available without waitlist

Being that low of a number you will likely get TD.

If you don't just go see the Maitre'd when you board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I don't understand we're the other 16 go

Early Traditional usually fills up first. If you booked later then you have been put on a wait list. Between now and your sailing people change their minds when they want to eat so your early traditional might open up for you but no guarantees. Once you board you might get your time slot but they might put you in the Anytime dining. Princess sometimes puts the over flow in AT. That has happened to us before.

My March 2017 cruise, which we booked in April 2016, shows my choice of early traditional dining is confirmed but then it shows that we are # waitlisted. The number keeps changing every so often, sometimes up, sometimes down. It has been as high as 34 and as low as 9. Not sure why, but I'm sure time will tell since we sail in about 8 weeks.

Sent from my D6708 using Forums mobile app

Edited by rnff2
Spelling

My March 2017 cruise, which we booked in April 2016, shows my choice of early traditional dining is confirmed but then it shows that we are # waitlisted. The number keeps changing every so often, sometimes up, sometimes down. It has been as high as 34 and as low as 9. Not sure why, but I'm sure time will tell since we sail in about 8 weeks.

Sent from my D6708 using Forums mobile app

I called Princess about this on another cruise and I was indeed confirmed for my seating . I think if I were to play with the dinner options it would move me to the wait list but I didn't want to mess it up and since it was confirmed, I left I alone

In all the years we have sailed on Princess we have never chosen traditional dining, on our upcoming transatlantic we are planning on 6pm dining, what I don't understand is the wait list, we are no.16. What does this mean. 8pm is available without waitlist

No room TD then they have an ATM dining used as traditional till 8 PM .You could be placed there if TD is still full.

Edited by kruisey

I called Princess about this on another cruise and I was indeed confirmed for my seating . I think if I were to play with the dinner options it would move me to the wait list but I didn't want to mess it up and since it was confirmed, I left I alone

My TA says we are confirmed so I just keep watching us move up and down on the list. Today we are #45, which highest we have been. I thought about switching our table size but don't want to loose my spot.

My TA says we are confirmed so I just keep watching us move up and down on the list. Today we are #45, which highest we have been. I thought about switching our table size but don't want to loose my spot.

Sometimes, we only know the actual time from the cruise card on embarkation day.

Exactly!! Don't change table size (for fear you can end up on the waitlist over it!)

We have anytime dining and are in a suite. If we want to eat at six, do we just let our butler know to get us a table, or do we just show up at six? First time on Princess. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Because you are in a suite you get Club Class dining in the MDR

You can show up when you want to eat and be seated immediately.... this is based on what others have shared on cruise critic regarding Suite accommodations and the Club Class perks that are included

We have anytime dining and are in a suite. If we want to eat at six, do we just let our butler know to get us a table, or do we just show up at six? First time on Princess. Thanks!

I don't believe Princess has Butlers any longer for Suites.

Thanks, I don't understand we're the other 16 go

Princess can use part of the ATD space for traditional dining.

People can cancel, get sick, not cruise, etc.

I've seen someone go from a n the hundreds wait list to early seating on a holiday cruise. So it's possible to still get it

To throw a twist into this discussion, we've been confirmed for traditional dining before and ended up getting assigned anytime. I waited in line to see the maître d' the first afternoon and was able to get traditional as desired. We've also changed our table when finding out we were assigned a table for two when we wanted to dine with others. It's easier for the maître d' to make such changes. It's harder for them to find tables for large parties or a table for two if they're all booked up.

Because you are in a suite you get Club Class dining in the MDR

You can show up when you want to eat and be seated immediately.... this is based on what others have shared on cruise critic regarding Suite accommodations and the Club Class perks that are included

Thanks for the info. We are looking forward to the QM2, as it will be our first time on her. If we want to be at a table with others do we need to do anything?

Thanks for the info. We are looking forward to the QM2, as it will be our first time on her. If we want to be at a table with others do we need to do anything?

I have not been on Cunard so I don't know how their dining is set up.

I was referring to Princess Cruises