New Sale - get 60% off second guest

I got the fish alert this morning. Did a mock booking around 6 AM. Holy moly, almost $900 cheaper!!! We are sailing in a Crown Loft Suite.

Called the online Travel Agent. Yes, yes, I do see you will save a bunch if we rebook. But......oh no..........but, we can't change it for you now. Royal does not open till 8 AM. Please call back at 8 AM.

You know where this is going....

Call back at 7:55 AM.

"Estimated wait time is 10 minutes due to high volume".

Finally get thru. Takes the rep a loooong time to get off the phone with Royal. To tell me, no, if we rebook you your price will go up. You have the best price, no need to rebook.

:mad:

I do another mock booking and sure enough the prices are thru the roof.

So, walk me off the ledge, or give me reason never to use a TA again - would I have been able to call Royal directly myself at 6 AM if I had not been using a TA and gotten thru "before Royal opened at 8 AM"?

I'm not using a TA and I called Royal on the last sale at 4am and had the price adjusted.

So, walk me off the ledge, or give me reason never to use a TA again - would I have been able to call Royal directly myself at 6 AM if I had not been using a TA and gotten thru "before Royal opened at 8 AM"?

Yes I changed my bookings early this morning. They are there 24/7- if you hit the prompt for an existing booking it will say that they are closed. If you hit the prompt for a new booking someone will answer and they can take care of re-pricing it for you.

I snoozed and lost.:( Got up today thinking i was going to be calling in and saving money but alas, the prices have changed since 12:30am from a savings of $136 to a price that is $5.00 more than we paid.

Oh well.

Travel agents must be holding a lot of cabins for this cruise in April 2018 as there are slim pickins' on the the RCI site. Only 2 C1's that hold 3 left and not many C2's at all.

Time to wait for the next sale. lol

Bill

Is it April 8th? If so I am surprised as well at how many OV balcony cabins are gone.

Yep same thing happened to me. They are now telling me I have the better price although it was a total of about $500 savings on my two cabins last night when I did move book and called ta but no one could have held it and bookecit for me last night no they said they had to wait. They could have tried to hold it. Gone now

I was able to save $900 on our D2 cabin at around 11pm last night. Sent texts to my daughter and our friends who are going on this cruise, but when they went called this morning, poof, the prices went up. What are the odds of this changing back, as I don't see this as their usual good deal when we are lucky enough to find it, of the BOGO60!

This is a UK booking but slightly different terms I know but offer seems to be same at moment.

Anyway I checked my Jewel cruise in April...we are in D1 and I noticed junior suite is now cheaper than what we paid.

So I attempted to ring and pay for an upgrade(not after anything free)...just under £2000 they wanted...which seems a bit over the top.

Otherwise new booking and would have to cancel flights(I'm sure that isn't right) plus lose deposit.

If they cancel just the cruise component I would be reasonably happy as just over £300 for the upgrade(as all I would lose is my deposit and cabin is cheaper) but would they really cancel the flights?....which happen to have gone up almost £2000.

I think I just spoke to someone not that helpful so I have emailed and will see if they come back..

Bit disappointed really I love RCCL but their customer service is so unhelpful plus the premium rate phone number which they put me on hold for over 20 minutes did not help :(

I was able to save $900 on our D2 cabin at around 11pm last night. Sent texts to my daughter and our friends who are going on this cruise, but when they went called this morning, poof, the prices went up. What are the odds of this changing back, as I don't see this as their usual good deal when we are lucky enough to find it, of the BOGO60!

It won't change back unless they make the same mistake again.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I fund the same thing. I got the posted prices at 4:30 AM, and printed it out. By the time the office opened at 8AM, the prices had changed. When I took a second look, I realized the mistake they had made. The base price for the balcony was $1078.00. They had the second passenger discount of $897.00, which is close to 90%.I spoke to CS to no avail. They wouldn't honor the error. Not a problem. I'm happy with the price I paid on the 30%/30%.

I fund the same thing. I got the posted prices at 4:30 AM, and printed it out. By the time the office opened at 8AM, the prices had changed. When I took a second look, I realized the mistake they had made. The base price for the balcony was $1078.00. They had the second passenger discount of $897.00, which is close to 90%.I spoke to CS to no avail. They wouldn't honor the error. Not a problem. I'm happy with the price I paid on the 30%/30%.

For next time. The offices are open 24/7 you just have to press 5 for a new booking and you will get a live agent that can help you.

this didn't help me at all....my cruise price for May is less than the 60% off second person deal now and it was 30% off then...does this make sense?

Sorry, not yelling...hit the wrong font size button

Edited by IRcruisin

this didn't help me at all....my cruise price for May is less than the 60% off second person deal now and it was 30% off then...does this make sense?

Sorry, not yelling...hit the wrong font size button

It makes sense to RCI. We will give you more percentage off but will also raise the fares to cover the bigger discount.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Prices were down earlier this morning when I checked and when I called they went up almost $500 pp :eek:

For next time. The offices are open 24/7 you just have to press 5 for a new booking and you will get a live agent that can help you.

All my bookings are through Club Royale so I had no choice but to wait until 8 am :(

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

It makes sense to RCI. We will give you more percentage off but will also raise the fares to cover the bigger discount.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Yes, this is it exactly! I mean I'm relatively happy with my fare rates...I didn't expect to vacation for nothing..lol it's just when you see 60% off you think...I'm getting a bargain for sure! It's all good, I'm still cruising!

I too saw great savings on a fare tracking site for one of my future sailings, but was waaaaayyyyy late in calling Royal. Price was of course "fixed" by the time I called. Win some and lose some I guess.

Still absolutely amazes me how dismal RCIs I/T department is.

Dan.

So the "trick" is to press 5 for new bookings to adjust a price on an existing booking when RCI is "closed".

Not sure I am going to use a TA after this morning (see my post higher up in this thread where I lost out on nearly $1000 in savings).

But if this type of price drop occurs again off hours for the booking I currently have "trapped" with the travel agent for the remainder of the year, I wonder if the TA would honor my request to just press 5 and don't tell me RCI is "closed".

Sure enough I got another email alert from the price watcher site saying my cabin's price was back up +$565 per person. (@*!E#*B ! :mad:

I could have saved $400 this morning but would have had to pay the additional deposit(booked during the reduced deposit promo) which I did not have the ability to transfer funds to the right account this morning. I was iust a little bummed when I checked the prices again on my lunch break.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

They are open now. Call 866-562-7625 and it prompt #5 and then #2 for a new reservation. They can adjust your price.

Molly361, I am so grateful that you posted about calling in prior to 8am! I am always up very early and saw the price drop, but was going to wait till I got to work to call because I thought they didn't open till 8. When I saw your post, I thought I may as well do it now, called around 6:30am and saved $1,300 on 2 bookings!

Thank you for sharing...love this board!

I have 2 cabins booked for Allure on March 26th. I've been trying to check prices for the past 2 weeks, but the RCI website doesn't seem to be working for me. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Try clearing your cache and cookies. If that fails try a different browser.

This sale was huge for us. Booked 6-night on Freedom for March 2018. Five people in connecting staterooms, deck 9 for $660pp, taxes and fees included. I've been watching prices for our dates for a few months, and the best price I've seen on this cruise was $840pp.