When do I go through American passport control

judymag

Hi I'm cruise to Alaska from Vancouver in June I have all my documents up to date for entering the USA and Canada. I wondering when do I clear American immigration usually when I cruise I've landed in the USA and had all that done. Is it in Vancouver or my first port of call just for booking shore excursions.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe there are several different situations here. With regard to White Pass, I believe they have some tours (HAL may or may not offer them) that turn around at the border without the ability to get off the train. Those tours do not require a passport.

For cruises from Vancouver, at least a WHTI compliant document will be required, and a passport book will be required for non-Canadians to fly to/from Vancouver.

Cruises from Seattle can be done by US Citizens with a birth certificate/photo Id, but WHTI compliant documents will be needed for most White Pass excursions.

OP will need a passport in both directions both at the entry airport to Canada and in both directions at Canada Place.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

Yes. Passport is required for that excursion as you cross on land from Alaska to Fraser, BC

I always carry it with me so that's not an issue I just had visions of long wait to exit the ship at my first American port of call. At least I know I'll have pre cleared in the cruise port

Sent from my iPhone using Forums