OBC for Booking future cruise while on board

cruisingnana

I missed the discussion of this. What's your source?

Someone asked JH so you can take that for what it's worth. But I have a feeling it won't be long before it happens. Just like American Table and staggered check in. They will have a uniform policy across the fleet after their few "test ships".

Does Carnival offer OBC for a future booking if made on board? Also what amount might be offered for a 14 night cruise?

We booked at 14 day Journey cruise while on board a previous cruise and was awarded $200 OBC per stateroom for the Journey cruise.

I was on the Glory 1-14 which had this reduced deal. I then got on the Splendor 1-22 and the "old" deal was available, where I booked 2 cruises, plus 2 "random" cruises to have the booking numbers for the credit. (which I had done numerous times prior- I book under past guest) For a 14 day cruise the credit was $200

Someone asked JH so you can take that for what it's worth. But I have a feeling it won't be long before it happens. Just like American Table and staggered check in. They will have a uniform policy across the fleet after their few "test ships".

Princess doesnt show any sign of doing this and more I think about it they will become our cruise line of choice

Princess doesnt show any sign of doing this and more I think about it they will become our cruise line of choice

I don't blame you. I'm seriously thinking about going back to Celebrity. I enjoy Carnival a lot, but with their prices no longer being the best value IMHO, they are making it easier for me to reconsider.

Sigh, some of the reasons I left Royal Caribbean seem to be migrating to Carnival :o Royal gutted their Next Cruise program so CCL might as well follow suit I guess. What next? A 50% increase in drink prices? :cool:

50.00 is not worth my precious cruise time to sit in that long line for hours trying to book another cruise. Especially when Im forced to book ES.

Edited by ryano

I don't blame you. I'm seriously thinking about going back to Celebrity. I enjoy Carnival a lot' date=' but with their prices no longer being the best value IMHO, they are making it easier for me to reconsider.[/quote']

I wish at least one of these lines had a ship in Port Canaveral.

Thanks. I didn't see the discussion going 3 days back, but I'm sure it's there somewhere. As for uniformity... maybe, maybe not. Is American Table on all the ships now (not counting the Aussie ones)? Playlist certainly isn't. Guy's certainly isn't. So there's hope for an extra long rollout - or even a cancellation.

I was on Vista Jan 8-22 and the future cruise rep confirmed this.

Thanks. Did the rep say that this was expanding fleetwide or merely that it had no plans to be removed from the Vista any time soon.

I was on the Glory 1-14 which had this reduced deal. I then got on the Splendor 1-22 and the "old" deal was available,

TYVM. So it's the Glory and Vista where this has spread. Any others?

Thanks. I didn't see the discussion going 3 days back, but I'm sure it's there somewhere. As for uniformity... maybe, maybe not. Is American Table on all the ships now (not counting the Aussie ones)? Playlist certainly isn't. Guy's certainly isn't. So there's hope for an extra long rollout - or even a cancellation.

From what I have seen (and I could be wrong), Playlist seems to coincide with the 2.0 upgrades (which includes Guy's). It takes a whole lot more to put a ship into dry dock and redo a good portion of it vs implementing a simple policy on paper. I don't see them having ship specific ways of booking future cruises onboard for very long. It makes it too confusing not only for guests, but for the CSRs later on as well. But we shall see.

American Table is on the following ships according to Carnival's website. Horizon is also listed even though it's not built yet.

Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista.

Edited by firemanbobswife

From what I have seen (and I could be wrong), Playlist seems to coincide with the 2.0 upgrades (which includes Guy's). It takes a whole lot more to put a ship into dry dock and redo a good portion of it vs implementing a simple policy on paper. I don't see them having ship specific ways of booking future cruises onboard for very long. It makes it too confusing not only for guests, but for the CSRs later on as well. But we shall see.

American Table is on the following ships according to Carnival's website. Horizon is also listed even though it's not built yet.

Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor, Carnival Victory and Carnival Vista.

On the American Table, that looks like all of Carnival's ships. I didn't realize they had integrated it so totally. It only took them a year or so from their first trials.

On the Playlist/2.0 upgrades, they align on many ships, but not all. The Triumph has Guy's but none of the Playlist productions (at least as of last January). The Splendor has Playlist but no Guy's, and they probably won't get one before it gets transferred out of the fleet.

Since the OP's question has been answered as completely as it can be, and no one else is paying attention to this thread anymore, I might as well give my opinion on Carnival's trial. I've mostly been in support of Carnival's moves over the last year, but I don't agree with this one. I don't see much upside. The future cruise consultants will go from being the most popular employees to the equivalent of Maytag repairmen.

(sorry that last reference sailed past some of your heads. I'm sure Google and Wikipedia can explain it.) :)

Since the OP's question has been answered as completely as it can be, and no one else is paying attention to this thread anymore, I might as well give my opinion on Carnival's trial. I've mostly been in support of Carnival's moves over the last year, but I don't agree with this one. I don't see much upside. The future cruise consultants will go from being the most popular employees to the equivalent of Maytag repairmen.

(sorry that last reference sailed past some of your heads. I'm sure Google and Wikipedia can explain it.) :)

I can't say that I disagree with you. I never have booked onboard mostly because I didn't have the extra cash to put down for a deposit, but also the lines were always so long. On the ships that have this new way, I see zero reasons to stand in line even if I had the money for the new deposit. $50 is practically nothing, and to be locked into ES when I'm not sure if I could even get the time off of work is the deal killer.

I feel bad for those that liked to take advantage of the old perks. The new way only benefits Carnival IMHO. Maybe the future cruise bookings will go down and they will reconsider like the alcohol pickup policy. Or maybe that's the plan so they don't need to have a designated Future Cruise Consultant, but rather just have another employee "fill in" at the Future Cruise Desk a few hours a day. Or maybe they want to eliminate the position all together. I'm not sure. Just like the Maytag Repair man [emoji4].