Celebrity won't change a booking

brooklynjeff

Having cruised for a while, I've never been told that you are locked in to your cruise price and amenities once you pay in full. Is this the way Celebrity always handles changes? I've never experienced this with any other line if I found a better price or needed changes. Does anyone have any feedback. How can they be called the best large ship cruise line with customer service like this? I've emailed them twice and they have not replied. My agent spent almost an hour trying to get someone to rework our reservation in addition to all our friends reservations.

Having cruised for a while, I've never been told that you are locked in to your cruise price and amenities once you pay in full. Is this the way Celebrity always handles changes? I've never experienced this with any other line if I found a better price or needed changes. Does anyone have any feedback. How can they be called the best large ship cruise line with customer service like this? I've emailed them twice and they have not replied. My agent spent almost an hour trying to get someone to rework our reservation in addition to all our friends reservations.

I had zero problem changing our complete original booking, adding on a cabin AND getting a $300 refund back to us on our sailing April 2017.....they were extremely helpful and accommodating.

Kill them with kindness!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Paid in full or after final payment? You don't say which, and yes, there's a difference. If it's more than 90 days out, then you should be able to make changes without any difficulties, even if you've paid in full, as you can cancel for a full refund at that time (slightly variable, check the cancellation policy).

If, however, it's less than 90 days, you can't cancel without penalty, so the cruise line is under no obligation to change the booking. Often, you can talk to them and get some OBC, an upgrade or other consideration, but, as with ALL lines, they don't have to do anything.

I assume by 'pay in full' you mean past the final payment date (the day you pay your cruise off is irrelevant; only the day you are required to pay in full by aka final payment date aka the date past which your booking is no longer fully refundable). Then I would like to know what other cruise line allowed you to make changes past that date, because it's pretty standard across the industry that changes are very limited past final payment date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a clarification, I was asking for a perk that was never offered to me when I booked on line. I usually use an agent but she happened to be on a cruise at the time.

I did get some help from Customer Service, I was told they would give me my perks for the difference of price I would have had to pay..

For anyone that cares, I've had cruise prices changed many times after paying on Crystal and Princess and it was post full payment.

Just a clarification, I was asking for a perk that was never offered to me when I booked on line. I usually use an agent but she happened to be on a cruise at the time.

I did get some help from Customer Service, I was told they would give me my perks for the difference of price I would have had to pay..

For anyone that cares, I've had cruise prices changed many times after paying on Crystal and Princess and it was post full payment.

Remember though, post full payment and post final payment could be 2 different things. All mainstream cruiselines do not give any price drops after their "final payment" date. If Princess gave you one, good for you, you got an extra lil perk :D

Like others have said, if you booked a special rate like resident, senior, group etc then no perks are offered.

Example-I booked this august on the Equinox, group rate $705pp no perks offered. They also have a resident rate of $749 no perks offered. The BBB rate gets the perks and that rate is $1049. So I booked the group rate at $705pp. So if I wanted the perks I would have to pay out and extra $700 which would probably be worth it but i'm trying to go cheap this cruise :D

That's funny, I take 4 or 5 Princess cruises per year and they will not reprise after final payment date. Up until then it is very easy to change to current booking terms, but after nope.

It sounds like you got what celebrity normally offers pre-final payment. So either you are pre-final payment or celebrity offered a nice gesture. Either way, if you have had such a good experience on those lines you should stick with them. The industry standard and have seen it applied on royal, celebrity, and NCL (and per another poster, princess), is that past the final payment date (not when you send them money, the date you must pay by or they cancel your reservation) changes are hard to come by. But, yes, in general if you are paying more money they are much easier to get than if you are asking the line to refund you money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums