Cash vs credit card in Sydney and NZ

Re the umps comments on his eyesight and parentage are always called for.

Things like

Where's ya white cane

Or

Did ya mum and dad even meet

Or when he blows a penalty "about time they've been doing it all day"

Will either make you some great mates or enemies depending on which supporter group you are among and who the penalty went to.

Thanks for these zingers--love them! We will do what the people around us do and hope they don't notice we're not from around there :D

ML

Hi Babsjo

Thanks for letting us know about the seats. I never considered the many stairs :D I don't suppose there is a lift? We can make it, maybe we can take a set up one story, then walk over to the next one!

Wow, it would be lovely to meet you, excellent idea. I did mis-state our seats--we are in row V but seats start at 86, end at 89. I will keep an eye out for you and try not to have to make a trip to the loo!!

One additional question. I just printed our tickets in black and white--is this acceptable? I can print them in color if needed but I usually try and save my color ink :)

Thanks and hope to see you on Mar 25th

ML

Hi ML

I am definitely not the fittest and i make it up the steps ok.

There aren't many lifts about, but just ask for directions if you think you need one.

Black and white printing should be okay, as long as the barcode is able to be scanned.:)

Babsjo

Thanks for these zingers--love them! We will do what the people around us do and hope they don't notice we're not from around there :D

ML

I am sure you will here some classic zingers and also some you won't understand.:p

Hi ML

I am definitely not the fittest and i make it up the steps ok.

There aren't many lifts about, but just ask for directions if you think you need one.

Black and white printing should be okay, as long as the barcode is able to be scanned.:)

Babsjo

Thanks, makes us feel a bit more confident.

Barcode came out great, so I guess we're all set.

ML

Re the umps comments on his eyesight and parentage are always called for.

Things like

Where's ya white cane

Or

Did ya mum and dad even meet

Or when he blows a penalty "about time they've been doing it all day"

Will either make you some great mates or enemies depending on which supporter group you are among and who the penalty went to.

could say a guide dog could do a better job and cheaper to feed , two teams same rules , need to change sponsors as those ones are working

dont call them maggots that might get you kicked out

One additional question. I just printed our tickets in black and white--is this acceptable? I can print them in color if needed but I usually try and save my color ink :)

ML, black and white is personally acceptable. Sometimes mine are in colour and at other times black and white.

Leigh

they are the best hotdogs and cheap too lol compared to what you would pay at the ground for same thing

We do the same quite often, particularly when our grandchildren are with us.

Great hotdogs for a fraction of the price.

Leigh

It is handy, but we still go the day before, been held up on the F3 too often to risk it.

I can understand that. Not much fun getting caught up in an accident or roadworks.:D

Leigh

My husband is a 3rd generation Hawks supporter. His father used to deliver the footballs in a little cart to the games many years ago as his father, My husband's grandfather, worked at the place that made the balls. Being a Hawks fan has skipped a generation with the boys supporting the Eagles but our 5 year old Granddaughter loves the Hawks, much to the disgust of her father and Dockers loving mother :D

Yes, even when we lived in the US for 11 years we had International Memberships. We are running out of room to put the yearly membership scarves we have so many of them but I dare not suggest we get rid of some.

Our Essendon fan friend and my husband both had a chance to talk to Kevin Sheedy as he walked by us when we were eating lunch. We had Gold Tickets so had good access to the club rooms. He was very nice and had a great conversation with my husband about how many times each team has won premierships. He did say that 'The next time there won't be a line in the sand, there will be a bloody trench' Now that will be interesting! I have a couple of great photos too.

Hawthorn v Essendon matches are always interesting. Sheeds is a bit of a character isn't he? Your new captain's father in law is my husband's cousin so we do have an interest in the Hawks. I won't go as far as suggesting we have a soft spot for them though! :D

We have plenty of scarves too and caps.

Leigh

I can understand that. Not much fun getting caught up in an accident or roadworks.:D

Leigh

Got caught in bushfires once sat with our front wheels on Hawkesbury Bridge for 36 hours, if we'd been heading for a cruise may still have missed it, but it would have been a close thing, may have got there just in time.

Thank goodness CC doesn't seem to have any Collingwood fans.

Thank goodness about that, but i dont think collingwood supporters know what a computer is yet

I think my mother and father l is a collingwood supporter i havent spoken to them for 46 years

i can remember hearing them when i was just fresh out of the womb saying welcome to the world son

mum and dad a collingwood supporters, and ever since then i have ignored them and gone for the blues and boy are they giving me the blues these days

Thank goodness about that, but i dont think collingwood supporters know what a computer is yet

I think my mother and father l is a collingwood supporter i havent spoken to them for 46 years

i can remember hearing them when i was just fresh out of the womb saying welcome to the world son

mum and dad a collingwood supporters, and ever since then i have ignored them and gone for the blues and boy are they giving me the blues these days

Poor old Blues haven't given much joy thelast few years have they?

LOL, not many teams are hated as much.

Not sure if fans is the right word, they are more like people who have had half their brain removed along with one eye .

There were a few Collingwood supporters at the Essendon v Suns game the other week and even had they not been wearing the black and white, we knew who they supported the minute they walked in the door. They all seem to have a 'certain look' don't they ;)

There were a few Collingwood supporters at the Essendon v Suns game the other week and even had they not been wearing the black and white, we knew who they supported the minute they walked in the door. They all seem to have a 'certain look' don't they ;)

LOL, yep they look like.....dare I say it? ...South Sydney supporters.:eek:

Hi all

This is likely my last post until we (hopefully) hit Sydney. Tried to check in for our 2 flights tomorrow, can't do either. Airlines say all is well, we'll see.

My thanks to everyone who posted and gave us great information, large and small. If your great countries are this helpful when we get there in person, it will be a memorable trip. Some pressure there :D

Thanks mates, good on ya

ML