Word for ships sharing ports on similar itineraries?

I'm going to be cruising to Alaska in May, on the HAL Oosterdam, and I noticed that her sister ship Noordam is going to be in three of our four ports of call at roughly the same time we are. And the NCL Pearl is also going to be in two of the same ports on the same days.

Is there a cruising word or term for this? "Playing tag" doesn't really fit, and neither does "hopscotch." And while "My darling, we have got to stop meeting like this" fits well, it is kind of long.

I'm going to be cruising to Alaska in May, on the HAL Oosterdam, and I noticed that her sister ship Noordam is going to be in three of our four ports of call at roughly the same time we are. And the NCL Pearl is also going to be in two of the same ports on the same days.

Is there a cruising word or term for this? "Playing tag" doesn't really fit, and neither does "hopscotch." And while "My darling, we have got to stop meeting like this" fits well, it is kind of long.

"Co-porting"

Musical Piers?

Oosterdam was a "late" (relatively) add to the Alaska schedule replacing Amsterdam (we got switched!) which will do the 14 nt route. Oosterdam was to have done a Mediterranean itinerary but when they took Turkey off the cruise map they decided to send O to Alaska. Noordam is doing 14 nt cruises from Vancouver so is more of an every other week pairing with Oosterdam on our June 11 sailing we will see N only once in Ketchikan.

Me Thinks, A group of ships together is called ( a fleet ).

Like The fishing fleet off Nantucket.

Three ships in the same Alaskan port at the same time.

It's called CROWDED.

The day we're in Ketchikan, there'll be 4th ship with us, although just for that one port call (a "one-port stand"? ;)).

Population of Ketchikan = 8200. Combined passenger capacity of all 4 ships = 8372.

Later in the season Ketchikan will have a few days with six ships in port at once. I'm a little afraid the town will collapse under the load and sink into the sea.

Yup - our Juneau day will have six ships but... the two NCL ships will trade pier (AJD) , one leaving as the other arrives. I've watched them do the little dosey-doh on the Juneau Harbor Cam many times.

Ketchikan we only have five but the arrivals are staggered are some are in the afternoon so night not be so crowded all at once. Such as for us Oosterdam leaves an hour before Infinity arrives. So ships in port "at the same time" might be reasonable.

Yup - our Juneau day will have six ships but... the two NCL ships will trade pier (AJD) , one leaving as the other arrives. I've watched them do the little dosey-doh on the Juneau Harbor Cam many times.

Ketchikan we only have five but the arrivals are staggered are some are in the afternoon so night not be so crowded all at once. Such as for us Oosterdam leaves an hour before Infinity arrives. So ships in port "at the same time" might be reasonable.

But then, by Alaska standards, Juneau's pretty big. The 32,000 residents will still have the 10,000 or so pax from five ships well outnumbered, unlike the mere 8000 Ketchikanites (Ketchikaners? Ketchikanians?). Even with the two of them staggered, you gotta wonder what a six-ship day is like for the locals in either town.

Our four Ketchikan-day ships aren't staggered (all those I imagine some of the pax will be staggering by sail time). All will be in port from 08:00 to 13:00. Worse, two of them arrive an hour before mine does. The only saving grace is that that arrival will be at 6:00, an hour when I expect cruise ship passengers don't exactly pour out onto the docks. If I can pour my own self into town before the 8:00 am ship gets there, I may get to see some of Ketchikan before it sinks. ;)

What web site can you go on to check how many ships will be in port at one time? I think this would be helpful when planning shore excursions.

I'm using this site: Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska. You have to jump back and forth between pages to puzzle out some of the abbreviations, and things like ships being staggered to share a berth on the same day aren't especially obvious - but the info is there & accessible.

I'm finding it very helpful for planning my shore days. I do have to keep reminding myself that, if the plans of humans make God laugh, they must have the ocean/King Neptune in hysterics. At least some of the ships are likely to be late, or early, or might not put into port at all.