Dinner attire - men/boys in nice shorts?

Houstonmom1

Really, I haven't seen much attire and appearances of a "bum" on any cruises so far. Wait, I do remember this bum last week blowing smoke next to me and not playing. That is what I call a bum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

you have not seen MUCH attire like that BUT you have?

Probably not. What does that have to do with eating in a cruise ship dining room?

The point is most people wouldn't wear shorts to a wedding or a nice land restaurant because it would be considered rude. It wouldn't literally "affect" anyone in a negative way or ruin anything, but it would be in poor taste. Which is something people with manners generally try to avoid.

I would argue it's also rude to not follow the suggested dress on the ship for the same reason. I'm not mad about it, I'm a live and let live kinda guy. But I do consider it a bit rude.

The point is most people wouldn't wear shorts to a wedding or a nice land restaurant because it would be considered rude. It wouldn't literally "affect" anyone in a negative way or ruin anything, but it would be in poor taste. Which is something people with manners generally try to avoid.

I would argue it's also rude to not follow the suggested dress on the ship for the same reason. I'm not mad about it, I'm a live and let live kinda guy. But I do consider it a bit rude.

you are soooooooooooo right

So, if Royal sent your a REQUEST to board by deck number, would you follow their rule/request??

So, if Royal sent your a REQUEST to board by deck number, would you follow their rule/request??

Generally I try to follow the boarding procedures. Disney has designated boarding groups, and I board when my group is called. *shrug* Am I doing it wrong?

what ?

Royal has been sending out emails on some ships/ports to arrive and board by deck numbers. Many of the same people who say following suggestions of what to wear will be the first to say ignore the request from Royal to board by deck number.

So you don't like Men in shorts in MDR. What about Men in dresses???

OK. In the interests of fairness, I should inform you that I consider it disrespectful for men to only wear swim trunks in the pool. Therefore, the next cruise that you and I go on together, I expect you to wear a full-length mens' 1900s-style swimsuit. Refusal to do so will be in very poor taste. I won't get mad about about it, as I'm a live and let live kinda guy. But I will consider it rude.

Ok, many don't like men in shorts. What about men in dresses??

I had a co-worker who was Italian and would insist on wearing a kilt every Friday. I always thought kilts were a Scottish thing, but he insisted that his Italian heritage entitled him to wear a kilt as well and would threaten to go to HR if his bosses objected.

I had a co-worker who was Italian and would insist on wearing a kilt every Friday. I always thought kilts were a Scottish thing, but he insisted that his Italian heritage entitled him to wear a kilt as well and would threaten to go to HR if his bosses objected.

Not Kilts. Talking about dresses normally made for Women??? What about it??? NO takers???

OK. In the interests of fairness, I should inform you that I consider it disrespectful for men to only wear swim trunks in the pool. Therefore, the next cruise that you and I go on together, I expect you to wear a full-length mens' 1900s-style swimsuit. Refusal to do so will be in very poor taste. I won't get mad about about it, as I'm a live and let live kinda guy. But I will consider it rude.

dammit (unpacks mankini)

As long as there's no shorts underneath

badumdum

That's cute and a great PC answer. I don't personally wear shorts to MDR for dinner, BUT if I did, and I was excluded from Dinning, I would be upset if they permitted Men in dresses to dine regardless what they have on underneath.

Times a changing, black pres, marijuana legalization, LGBT rights... except shorts.

NO SHORTS, OR NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Lol, I normally wear pants in the MDR or anywhere for dinner, I personally like dressing up in the evening on cruises, I really don't care what other people do

Royal has been sending out emails on some ships/ports to arrive and board by deck numbers. Many of the same people who say following suggestions of what to wear will be the first to say ignore the request from Royal to board by deck number.

Interesting...never considered that.

Times a changing, black pres, marijuana legalization, LGBT rights... except shorts.

NO SHORTS, OR NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Lol, I normally wear pants in the MDR or anywhere for dinner, I personally like dressing up in the evening on cruises, I really don't care what other people do

You get it. My point is, you are accepting of one you must be accepting of all.

If it ruins your dinner in MDR to see Men in shorts, what effect would men in woman's dresses have on you?? Would you complain or just remain quiet?? Your very vocal on Men in shorts, why not Men in woman's dresses. ????

Not Kilts. Talking about dresses normally made for Women??? What about it??? NO takers???

I wouldn't care. As it is I would not necessarily know the sex of passengers wearing dresses.

I don't care about shorts either. Several times I didn't even know someone was wearing shorts until they got out of their chair.