What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I had cancelled my bid and I was looking at my bank statement and saw the same day a $5 refund from Norwegian - made me wonder if they were in the process of accepting my bid as I was canceling it... I seriously cannot figure what the refund could be for..

My sailing isn't for another two months, but we put in a bid that was *just* this side of "fair" from "poor". Hopefully going from an inside room to a balcony. I have been watching closely to see how many balcony rooms are available. It's been holding pretty steady since we put in our bid, but it's hard do tell for sure, because a lot of the balcony options are GTY now instead of allowing you to choose your specific stateroom.

All of the BB, BC, and BD are in GTY. Of the B1, B2, B3, and BA, there are a total of 33 selectable. However, in the B2 category, there are 15 selectable, which is the max they let you choose from on the site, so there may actually be more than 15 of those left.

I also checked how many mini-suites are available, thinking that some people who currently have balconies booked might have bid for upgrades to those, thus potentially freeing up some balconies once bids are settled. In the MA and MB categories, there are 15 rooms selectable, so like with the B2s, there may actually be more of them available. There are three M1s available. So, in total, there are still at least 33 mini-suites available.

Should I be hopeful with those numbers two months out? At least 33 of each balconies and mini-suites still available? They definitely don't seem to be filling up very fast with the current pricing. I've been checking almost every day for the past week and only two balconies have sold in that time.

My sailing isn't for another two months, but we put in a bid that was *just* this side of "fair" from "poor". Hopefully going from an inside room to a balcony. I have been watching closely to see how many balcony rooms are available. It's been holding pretty steady since we put in our bid, but it's hard do tell for sure, because a lot of the balcony options are GTY now instead of allowing you to choose your specific stateroom.

All of the BB, BC, and BD are in GTY. Of the B1, B2, B3, and BA, there are a total of 33 selectable. However, in the B2 category, there are 15 selectable, which is the max they let you choose from on the site, so there may actually be more than 15 of those left.

I also checked how many mini-suites are available, thinking that some people who currently have balconies booked might have bid for upgrades to those, thus potentially freeing up some balconies once bids are settled. In the MA and MB categories, there are 15 rooms selectable, so like with the B2s, there may actually be more of them available. There are three M1s available. So, in total, there are still at least 33 mini-suites available.

Should I be hopeful with those numbers two months out? At least 33 of each balconies and mini-suites still available? They definitely don't seem to be filling up very fast with the current pricing. I've been checking almost every day for the past week and only two balconies have sold in that time.

My sailing filled up a lot. You are cruising during a popular month. Lots can change.

If you click the link in the bid confirmation email they sent you it will take you to your current bid and show pending or processing. Good luck I hope you get it!! Will you keep me updated? We are bidding on the 2nd sailing after you!

they

We have not heard anything yet. We sail on June 2. It may be awhile until we hear anything as it's still a ways off. We put in a poor bid for an H6 aft penthouse (we are currently in a B1 aft balcony). That is the only category we bid on as we don't want to give up the aft location. Our original upgrade email came a couple weeks ago and we got another one yesterday but we will not be making any further bids. Trying not to get our hopes up. We will be happy with our aft balcony but would love to experience the Haven even just once!

All of the other people in this thread who are cruising on ships other than the Bliss can see the upgrade info in their My NCL as pending/processing or whatever. But the upgrade info is not even loaded onto NCL's website for the Bliss yet apparently as I can't see the status of anything. Ugh! Will just have to wait for hopefully an "accepted" email. :)

Just received confirmation that our bid for a Haven Spa Suite was accepted on the April 8 sailing on the Getaway. We bid $1200.00 (Canadian) per person. That would be about $900.00 US. We were previously in a balcony cabin (BF).

For a June sailing of the Pearl..

I noticed today that I have the opportunity to upgrade our stateroom.

We started with a Guaranteed Balcony that converted into a B2 Family Balcony at the fore of the ship, which I was pleased to see.

My wife and I don't feel a mini-Suite is even worth the trouble of upgrading. I'd be very interested in an upgrade to an SE Penthouse with Balcony, but I think the price is too high. I also don't like you can't bid for an SE separately from an SF.

I'm not sure if the pricing is different upgrading from a B2 vs a Balcony GTY that was converted into a B2.

For reference, the following are the minimum bids (per person) for Good/Strong chance of receiving the upgrade:

Mini-Suite................................................. $250/$360

Penthouse with Balcony............................ $1200/$1590

2-Bedroom Family Suite With Balcony...... $1560/$1990

Haven Courtyard with Balcony H5............ $1770/$2190

Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa H4............ $1780/$2190

Haven Owner's Suite H3........................... $2060/$2400

Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite H2............... $2070/$2400

Haven 3-Bedroom Garden Villa H1........... $3260/$3995

Just received confirmation that our bid for a Haven Spa Suite was accepted on the April 8 sailing on the Getaway. We bid $1200.00 (Canadian) per person. That would be about $900.00 US. We were previously in a balcony cabin (BF).

Woo hoo! Congratulations!!!

I know that the outcome of bids can be as determined as little as 48 hours before sailing...But what was the earliest that someone got notified of a bid acceptance?

We received confirmation 30 day from sailing.:)

Congratulations. See you in the haven [emoji106]. I’m already in the haven but waiting to hear on my bid 🤞🏻

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know that the outcome of bids can be as determined as little as 48 hours before sailing...But what was the earliest that someone got notified of a bid acceptance?

There have been a couple posts on here about 70 days out. Don't recall what room type. Speculation here that they bid too high so it was accepted early on.

There have been a couple posts on here about 70 days out. Don't recall what room type. Speculation here that they bid too high so it was accepted early on.
Less than 4 weeks out, bids from 2 different bookings - yet to hear from.

Meanwhile, robo-NCL email pushed out again yesterday afternoon as reminders (# 4, that is round 4) that bids are being taken and to do so, if not "There's still time to participate in our Upgrade Advantage program ... This exclusive offer is only available ..."

LOL, translation is that I "interpret" this as indications that they are NOT getting as many bids and bids "high" on the meter to start processing and accepting them. It seemed that Insides are selling well - did some mock booking over the weekend just for fun, good # of staterooms with triple & quad occupancies ... doesn't look like they are anywhere near lifeboat capacity.

Unlike last year's identical milky run, prices this month are rising higher, incrementally - what a complex Calculus formula NCL has for pricing. With today's tax free sphee promotion (and its glitches) - they further jacked up the prices to offset it ... sneaky move, IMO.

We have poor bids submitted, maybe ... just, maybe, I am going to lower them slightly more, LOL. :halo:

Ok, I am so confused. for the 4/7/18 Escape cruise, yesterday during the lunch hour, I did a mock booking and all havens were sold out, mini suites just about sold out - last night, everything was open again. Today, during lunch hour, everything is sold out again. Any idea what is going on?

Ok, I am so confused. for the 4/7/18 Escape cruise, yesterday during the lunch hour, I did a mock booking and all havens were sold out, mini suites just about sold out - last night, everything was open again. Today, during lunch hour, everything is sold out again. Any idea what is going on?

I’m watching it too. They are matching Haven Bids to offers. Last year same ship we got our acceptance afternoon on Tuesday. Waiting waiting [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]☀️[emoji267]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a room accepted around 70 days out too ... however it was still WAY lower than booking directly so we figured WIN. It was in the very lowest of the "fair" range.

So I received offer to bid on upgrade (Sailing May 13th to to Bermuda on Escape out of NYC) and option's for upgrades are for

The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H2)

The Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H3)

but when I check NCL's site and make it like I am "booking a new cruise" it shows sold out for both of these rooms.

Are they saving these for upgrades? Why would they say hey we have these available lets bid for an upgrade, but when I go to mock book a cruise, it shows these two rooms sold out?

So I received offer to bid on upgrade (Sailing May 13th to to Bermuda on Escape out of NYC) and option's for upgrades are for

The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H2)

The Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H3)

but when I check NCL's site and make it like I am "booking a new cruise" it shows sold out for both of these rooms.

Are they saving these for upgrades? Why would they say hey we have these available lets bid for an upgrade, but when I go to mock book a cruise, it shows these two rooms sold out?

In case of last minute cancellations.

On the same ship....Mini Suite now....a Haven bid or two placed, don’t really care if they take it or not..just ready to go...

Hi!

We were in a mini-suite. Bid $900 per on an H5 leaving 4/8 on Getaway ...got it yesterday. 1st time cruising with NCL. 70 nights with Royal. Excited for a change in venue. The bidding process would have been horrible if I had not gotten the Haven. Glad I did get it, makes the sleepless nights worth it!

Hi!

We were in a mini-suite. Bid $900 per on an H5 leaving 4/8 on Getaway ...got it yesterday. 1st time cruising with NCL. 70 nights with Royal. Excited for a change in venue. The bidding process would have been horrible if I had not gotten the Haven. Glad I did get it, makes the sleepless nights worth it!

Congratulations!!! This is going to be one lucky cruise for quite a few people with so many Haven cabins unloved for this paritcular cruise. Enjoy the Haven!!! I dont think there is anything on Royal that matches it.

Congrats!! That's so exciting! Enjoy! We are on the Getaway the next week, still waiting to see about our bid.