Dinner at the Culinary Arts Center on the Koningsdam?

canadarocks

The Dinners are offered on different nights and usually do Alternate. We ended up doing the Basil Menu because the night they could accommodate our Group of 8 was Basil (although looking at the two Menus Lavender interested us more). The Basil Menu was great and none of us were disappointed (fantastic meal and experience)! We're going back on Kdam at the end of March and hoping to try Lavender this time!

The Dinners are offered on different nights and usually do Alternate. We ended up doing the Basil Menu because the night they could accommodate our Group of 8 was Basil (although looking at the two Menus Lavender interested us more). The Basil Menu was great and none of us were disappointed (fantastic meal and experience)! We're going back on Kdam at the end of March and hoping to try Lavender this time!

Are these the two menus that were on your cruise? Which is which? :o

http://www.thecaptainslog.org.uk/Koning2016/CulinaryArts001w.jpg

http://www.thecaptainslog.org.uk/Koning2016/CulinaryArts002w.jpg

We tried both of the menus in the Culinary Arts Center on the Koningsdam and enjoyed them both. They did alternate each day. After our first dinner there we wanted to book again as we had enjoyed it so much, and we just asked the staff in the CAC to book us for the other menu. We will book there again for our upcoming cruise on the Koningsdam. We would recommend it.

We had the first menu and it was fantastic! This was the best meal hands down for us. They alternate nights. There is also a small drink and a small appetizer served from the chef that isn't on the menu. It was flavorful and interesting to listen to the chef explain and talk. Worth the $39 a person in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We loved our CAC dinners - both menus. Plus they were very generous with the wine. We wanted to return but thought we should try the other dining venues too. Doubt we'll be sailing Kdam before they make their change to their new format. What a shame - this CAC was a hit for us.

What changes are they making? :confused:

I was lead to believe that there would be changes when America's Test Kitchen rolls out. Maybe I was misinformed and ATK starting won't effect the current CAC diners. We can hope.

Does anyone have any current knowledge about this?

Is the offer to have dinner first night only for the Neptune suites or for signature suites as well?

Ahaa2

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our invite stated that it was part of a Neptune passenger reception (held in Queens Lounge as I recall). Do not know for sure about Signature Suites, but I know the Vista Suites did not get this invite.

• 9 months later...
I was lead to believe that there would be changes when America's Test Kitchen rolls out. Maybe I was misinformed and ATK starting won't effect the current CAC diners. We can hope.

Does anyone have any current knowledge about this?

'

Well, on the Westerdam in Oct, the Culinary Arts Center had been replaced by America's Test Kitchen--but it was set up in the Queen's Lounge like a TV show on the stage, broken down at night to become BBKings. I saw no tables for dining. But maybe passed by at the wrong time. Still, the HAL page on the CAC still seems to be current...

I was told that the culinary arts center on the koningsdam is being changed Dec 10th(the day I get off of the ship) due to lack of sales and popularity . apparently they tried to make it work but it's not.

i asked the host of the restaurant what it was becoming and she said they didn't know for sure but said something about tapas and Peruvian food. I guess we will see.

I was told that the culinary arts center on the koningsdam is being changed Dec 10th(the day I get off of the ship) due to lack of sales and popularity . apparently they tried to make it work but it's not.

i asked the host of the restaurant what it was becoming and she said they didn't know for sure but said something about tapas and Peruvian food. I guess we will see.

Wow--thanks for that!! Helps us avoid the shock of our expected free first-night dinner. How can it be that the restaurant themselves don't know anything about an imminent change??? We board on Sunday, so we will have just missed you, lol.

Tapas restaurants are 'the thing' now, I would really like an Onboard Tapas Restaurant (with a la carte pricing) for the nights when I really don't feel like a MDR or Lido dinner and just want to 'pick' at a few tasty plates.

A couple of times I watched the dinner at CAC on Koningsdam and it seemed very drawn out.