Free at sea ??

LadyBerard

I read the terms and conditions of the most recent promo on these boards. It stated:

Free at Sea choice(s) must be selected at least 24 hours prior to sailing and cannot be changed on board. Bookings made within 24 hours to departure can choose promotion at time of booking.

Offer is for new individual FIT reservations and new speculative groups delegates.

Qualifying new individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing speculative group and count towards tour conductor credits.

Offer is not valid for affinity groups or tour operators and cannot be held as group block.

Offer is capacity controlled and can be withdrawn at any time.

Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify.

Guest cannot substitute or customize this offer. All guests in stateroom must choose same offer.

Is it true that all guests must choose the same promo?

Is it true that all guests must choose the same promo?

Are you just booking one room?

If so then, yes, the selection is for the room, rather than per person. You can't have the dining package for one person and the beverage package for the other, for example.

If you are booking multiple rooms (and I wonder whether this is the case due to the bits you quoted) then I'm not sure, as I've never done that but the wording of what you have quoted suggests the restriction is just per room.

Think of the promos as per cabin, not per person. So if you get 2 perks, it's for the cabin and UBP or SDP apply to the first two passengers. This makes sense when you consider the promos of unlimited internet or 3rd and 4th free. If you got an inside cabin with 1 perk and person 1 picked internet and person 2 picked 3rd and 4th free the cabin would get the value of two perks

So if you have an inside and 1 person wants UBP, that will be the perk for the cabin and go to passenger 1 and 2

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sanger727

So, I just tried selecting the "free" beverage packages and it tacked another $312 on the price as a "service charge"??? When I selected the free specialty dining it only added another $30. So much for "free" at sea!

Does it say that is all due to the service charge, or are you assuming that is what it is?

A while ago, some people reported the cruise price changing if you selected certain packages.

How many nights is the cruise?

I tried to copy and paste, but it won't let me. It reads:

Total 2 Guests $2498.00

Choice Promo

Svc Charge $312.84

Taxes Fees &

Port Expenses $277.86

Total $3088.70

This is for an 11 day Med.

This would be correct the Gratuities on the Beverage package are $14.22 per person per day.