Upgrade Question

jdro

Hi, This has probably asked and answered but here goes....

I received and upgrade e-mail today for my 3/12 Breakaway cruise to "bid" on a Haven room if I do this will I get all the amenities offered with the Haven or will I keep what I have with my Mini-Suite? Thanks in advance.

Jennifer

Don't ya just love the way NCL has become the priceline of cruising?

And sending out offers with vague information so people have to search for answers.

And jacking up the (regular) prices in suites where the disparity is huge.

Not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. I've passed on two NCL cruises that I was looking at recently because I don't feel like booking a suite at such inflated prices only to have my neighbor upsell for half the price. I'm just not always willing to book a lower cabin and take a chance on an upsell or big price drop as I did on my last two cruises, but that is what NCL has become. I'm also now looking elsewhere.

To clarify, there is a difference between amenities and perks. When you purchase an upgrade, whatever perks you originally booked with go with you to your new room. So, if you booked and for example got the free dining, free internet perks, when you upgrade to the haven those 2 perks are all you will get. You would have to initially book the haven to get all 5 perks. Regarding amenities, you will have all the amenities that the new/upgraded room has. So that means you upgrade to haven and get the butler, concierge, meals in the haven restaurant, etc.

To clarify, there is a difference between amenities and perks. When you purchase an upgrade, whatever perks you originally booked with go with you to your new room. So, if you booked and for example got the free dining, free internet perks, when you upgrade to the haven those 2 perks are all you will get. You would have to initially book the haven to get all 5 perks. Regarding amenities, you will have all the amenities that the new/upgraded room has. So that means you upgrade to haven and get the butler, concierge, meals in the haven restaurant, etc.

Then how come my "perks" are listed on my "Amenity" Confirmation from NCL if they are different things?

Exactly. So, should my "amenities" be listed on my "Perks Confirmation" or my "Promo Confirmation"?

Promos / Perks = Amenities

Amenities = Amenities Confirmation

There is NO promo confirmation or perk confirmation because they are on the Amenities Confirmation

I'm kicking myself for bringing this up but..... sometimes on the Reservation Confirmation there is a section called "Add ons" and you may see the Promos you chose here. This is not always the case so it's important to get Amenities Confirmation

You're making this waaaaaay more complicated then it is

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app