Re-keying cards

mad-dog74

We always book 2 connecting cabins.... we put a kid and adult on each reservation. Can the sea-pass keys be re-arranged once on board or is it simpler just to enter through the other room?

You can just request an extra key for the members of family that need one. We do this when we bring the kids. Same booking approach.

One note the extra key will only work for the room. No purchases will be allowed.

On the Harmony they may not (probably will not? Trying to remember exactly what I read) give you extra keys. These cards have RFID chips and are EXPENSIVE.

On the Harmony they may not (probably will not? Trying to remember exactly what I read) give you extra keys. These cards have RFID chips and are EXPENSIVE.

You are correct that they won't give you an extra key on Harmony. While the cards are more expensive I don't think that is the reason. It has something to do with the way they are programmed as there have been posts that if you lose one card they must reissue cards to everyone in the cabin.

It is not necessary to book one adult in each cabin.

RCI lets you book your minor children into their own cabin either next door to your cabin, or directly across the hall from your cabin. (The ratio of your children to children who aren't yours must be 1:1 or better)

You need to call them (or have your TA call them) in order to book this way. It cannot be booked online.

It is not necessary to book one adult in each cabin.

RCI lets you book your minor children into their own cabin either next door to your cabin, or directly across the hall from your cabin. (The ratio of your children to children who aren't yours must be 1:1 or better)

You need to call them (or have your TA call them) in order to book this way. It cannot be booked online.

Not sure of OPs reason for doing this, but we book my wife and I in separate cabins with the kids spread out so that we get two balcony discounts. Then when onboard, we switch it up. YES, it's a pain in the arse, but worth it for the discount. :)

Not sure of OPs reason for doing this, but we book my wife and I in separate cabins with the kids spread out so that we get two balcony discounts. Then when onboard, we switch it up. YES, it's a pain in the arse, but worth it for the discount. :)

Brilliant!! Your kids are boss they get balconies.

Brilliant!! Your kids are boss they get balconies.

Yep. My wife hasn't yet decided to let me book them in interior cabins. I think once they are older, she will. And then we are in Junior Suites or better and they are across the hall in interior. :)

If your kids have sailed with you they should be the same status as you and they do get the balcony discount on their own without an adult in the room.

If your kids have sailed with you they should be the same status as you and they do get the balcony discount on their own without an adult in the room.

They have sailed with us many times, but not as many as DW and I. Are they still considered Diamond when booking? I thought since they have their own C&A numbers, their status follows them?

Yep. My wife hasn't yet decided to let me book them in interior cabins. I think once they are older, she will. And then we are in Junior Suites or better and they are across the hall in interior. :)

We usually get interiors along with the kids when we bring them. When we go alone we do balcony. Now that they are older we may treat them to a balcony too. I can't do the interior again unless the captain confines me.:D

Not sure what you are saying... we book 2 connecting balconies and get the C&A discounts on both as it is.

A follow on to this,, we have two connecting balconies. On the reservation my DW and I in one, the two kids in the other. All charging will be on one credit card. So can we have all 4 cards set up to open both rooms, or can you only have one room per card?

A follow on to this,, we have two connecting balconies. On the reservation my DW and I in one, the two kids in the other. All charging will be on one credit card. So can we have all 4 cards set up to open both rooms, or can you only have one room per card?

I don't think so as the codes for each lock are different. But you might be able to get extra key cards.

I have two connecting cabins booked for DS, DIL and GDX2 and kids don't have to be in a room with an adult.

Now my question, can I get an extra key to my OS to give to them? We like to sit on the balcony and obviously can't hear them knock if we are out there.

No. The cabin door will only open for the people registered to that room. You can't have a Seapass card open multiple rooms.

I don't think so as the codes for each lock are different. But you might be able to get extra key cards.

I have two connecting cabins booked for DS, DIL and GDX2 and kids don't have to be in a room with an adult.

Now my question, can I get an extra key to my OS to give to them? We like to sit on the balcony and obviously can't hear them knock if we are out there.

You can only get extra Seapass cards for ships that are not using the new RFID technology.

We are on the Oasis so that shouldn't be an issue. But I am guessing I could get extra WOW bands if I am willing to pay for them.

No wow bands on the Oasis. I haven't read any reports of anyone getting more than 1 WOW band but that doesn't mean that it's not possible. That may be a solution for us next month on the Harmony, thanks for the suggestion.

As another poster mentioned, they might be expensive, but it's not because of the RFID chip. Chips are pretty cheap and probably cost Royal less than 10 cents a chip.

No wow bands on the Oasis. I haven't read any reports of anyone getting more than 1 WOW band but that doesn't mean that it's not possible. That may be a solution for us next month on the Harmony, thanks for the suggestion.

Just to share what we plan to do... We have 2 rooms booked on Anthem in March. DW and DD are booked in one room, Myself and DS booked in the other. Once on board, DW and DS will switch. So We will purchase 4 wow bands. Both my kids want one and so does my wife. Both of the kids bands will be programmed for their room. My wife's band will open the kids room, and she will also get my band (I don't want one), and that will open our room. My wife will no longer need her SeaPass Card so I will keep that with me and it will also open the kids rooms. Now, I will have both cards, with to Bev packages so I don't have to keep getting her card from her in order to get 2 drinks. She will have 2 Wow bands. In the very odd chance that she would be getting our 2 drinks.;)

Seems logical to me... right?

I know that if we get off the ship, she will need her own card back until we get back on.

EDIT: After re-reading, this seems overly complicated because of the 2 room switcheroo thing, but it would work just as well for a couple in one room getting 2 wow bands. Even if your SO never ever goes to get 2 drinks, just get them a wow band so you can keep their SeaPass Card on you.

dp

Just to share what we plan to do... We have 2 rooms booked on Anthem in March. DW and DD are booked in one room, Myself and DS booked in the other. Once on board, DW and DS will switch. So We will purchase 4 wow bands. Both my kids want one and so does my wife. Both of the kids bands will be programmed for their room. My wife's band will open the kids room, and she will also get my band (I don't want one), and that will open our room. My wife will no longer need her SeaPass Card so I will keep that with me and it will also open the kids rooms. Now, I will have both cards, with to Bev packages so I don't have to keep getting her card from her in order to get 2 drinks. She will have 2 Wow bands. In the very odd chance that she would be getting our 2 drinks.;)

Seems logical to me... right?

I know that if we get off the ship, she will need her own card back until we get back on.

EDIT: After re-reading, this seems overly complicated because of the 2 room switcheroo thing, but it would work just as well for a couple in one room getting 2 wow bands. Even if your SO never ever goes to get 2 drinks, just get them a wow band so you can keep their SeaPass Card on you.

dp

We are in the same situation on Harmony in March. I was under the impression that the bands are like the Seapass cards, you can only get a band to open a door for someone who is registered in that room.

Sounds like it will be a PITA compared to other ships. Hopefully they can figure something out at guest services.

As another poster mentioned, they might be expensive, but it's not because of the RFID chip. Chips are pretty cheap and probably cost Royal less than 10 cents a chip.

What ever the cost is (I assure you it's much more than 10 cents), it's probably at least 10x the cost of the existing non-RFID card stock they use on other ships.