Life boat drill

traveler2100

When we sailed with Carnival a few years ago my son was required to wear a bracelet for the week. I think it had the info of what life boat he was supposed to be on or something along those lines. Does Norwegian also make kids under 18 wear a bracelet?

If you check your kids into the kids club then they have a bracelet, which they have to keep on as long as they want to go to the club. That has the muster info on it, but they only have one if they register for the kids club.

If you check your kids into the kids club then they have a bracelet, which they have to keep on as long as they want to go to the club. That has the muster info on it, but they only have one if they register for the kids club.

Great. Thanks so much

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even passengers doing back2back cruises have to attend the Drill for both cruises.

Since when? We have tried to do it once and were told that our names were not on the list. When we said we were B2B we were politely told to disappear. We have never even tried since when B2B and never been sought out.

Since when? We have tried to do it once and were told that our names were not on the list. When we said we were B2B we were politely told to disappear. We have never even tried since when B2B and never been sought out.

I did a back2 back 2back last month on The Getaway and was required to attend all three drills. I did not mind one bit.

I think even with checking them into the clubs, it's only for kids under 12 I believe (might be 13), and not 18. Teens don't have to wear the wristbands.

You are obviously struggling to understand my post. The question from traveller2100 was "do people sometimes skip the LB drill by just staying in their room?". Frankybeanman replied with a cocky answer of "Why would u even ask such as stupid question."

Based on my experience of a lax attitude at safety drills, the question in my opinion was perfectly reasonable.The reply from traveller2100 says it all. Well said, that person

The question is not reasonable. The mandatory lifeboatndrill is mandatory. Why would anyone ask if you can skip the mandatory lifeboat drill that is mandatory?

15 minutes, I wish!

They can really drag on sometimes. People are often still drifting in looking confused after 15 minutes.

Our drill on the Epic lasted an hour! They waited for ages to get started then repeated everything in about 15 different languages. Most people were playing games on their phones as they were so bored with it all. And they barely told us any safety information. We watched the safety channel in the cabin instead and felt that gave much better information.

Hoping this was a one off when I hear others saying it should only last 15 minutes.

I've had it both ways. On one cruise I didn't have to do the second muster drill. Another time I did 4 muster drills in 5 days.

Was that in Europe? The Epic ones in Europe are the worst. Certainly nearer an hour than 15 minutes every time we've done it.

Yes in Europe. I think it's the fact they repeat it in so many different languages that makes the difference? It did seem to start late too. Not too fun sitting in the Manhattan room fiddling with the butter dish on the table for an hour!

You are obviously struggling to understand my post. The question from traveller2100 was "do people sometimes skip the LB drill by just staying in their room?". Frankybeanman replied with a cocky answer of "Why would u even ask such as stupid question."

Based on my experience of a lax attitude at safety drills, the question in my opinion was perfectly reasonable.The reply from traveller2100 says it all. Well said, that person

I understood your post just fine.

However, you said: " The poster was asking a reasonable question based on the lax attitude of NCL personnel on the ships." I simply asked what made you think that "the poster asked the question based on the lax attitude of NCL personnel on the ships".

Now your post quoted above makes it seem that YOU are the one claiming that the attitude of NCL personnel is lax.

I just don't see why the story has to change as the OP said NOTHING about the attitude of NCL personnel.

At least these days the drill is conducted in the restaurants, theater and other public spaces aboard ship rather than out in the weather!:) I remember standing in the rain, or heat waiting for the no shows to show up making the rest of us stand there in a herd like cattle.:rolleyes:

I remember going out on the boat deck on our first cruise with our jackets on as directed, in fact that is where my avatar image came from! We're so cute....;)