Refreshment package questions?

JAMESCC

Sailing on Anthem for the first time in Sept., our 4th RCCL cruise overall. Anyway I was looking at the drink packages and I think the "Refreshment package" is the right one for us. I don't drink alcohol at all anymore and my wife will have maybe 2 or 3 drinks a day, maybe, so the non alcoholic refreshment package is the better choice for us. My question is, and please don't go off on a rant its just a question on policy. Does our 4 year old son have to get this package also? I'm not complaining, I'm not looking to cheat, please don't have a cow, I will get it if that is policy, no problem. What is is the policy? Thanks in advance.

A 4 year old will not be able drink enough to justify his own drink package.

You are better off giving him some of your.

Nobody will care or say anything.....

I'm not going down that road in this forum, NO WAY, but I understand what you are saying. For the CC police, I WILL BE GETTING HIM HIS OWN PACKAGE. I don't want any trouble. Thanks for the replies.

I'm not going down that road in this forum, NO WAY, but I understand what you are saying. For the CC police, I WILL BE GETTING HIM HIS OWN PACKAGE. I don't want any trouble. Thanks for the replies.

Another alternative to buying another package is to purchase drinks one at a time.

Everyone in the cabin does not need to buy a package. If your son is going to drink the complimentary beverages, there is no need to waste money on a package for him. Water, juice at breakfast, milk, chocolate milk, iced tea, lemonade and flavored waters are all included in his fare. Also, coffee, tea and hot chocolate are included.

Everyone in the cabin does not need to buy a package. If your son is going to drink the complimentary beverages, there is no need to waste money on a package for him. Water, juice at breakfast, milk, chocolate milk, iced tea, lemonade and flavored waters are all included in his fare. Also, coffee, tea and hot chocolate are included.

If your wife is planning on 2-3 drinks a day at $10 a drink is there a reason she isn't looking at the deluxe package?

RCCL is great in that everyone in the cabin doesn't have to get the same package.

Oh ok well that clears things up then. I thought Royal made everyone get a package at that point. Good for RCI, very cool. He will just be drinking the complimentary stuff most of the time. Thanks because that would have been a huge waste of money.

No one not even a crew member will say a word or raise an eyebrow if you give a 4 yr Old a half a cup of juice. Just bring a cup with a lid (sippy cup style) and he/she won't slosh it all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No one not even a crew member will say a word or raise an eyebrow if you give a 4 yr Old a half a cup of juice. Just bring a cup with a lid (sippy cup style) and he/she won't slosh it all over.

I hear ya fully, and agree 100% but I have gotten just destroyed on this site for even suggesting giving a 4 year old some sips from my drink. I got really insulting and snarky comments about how I could ruin the entire cruise industry if I did this. I have seen other threads go bonkers on this subject suggesting said cruise line could go out of business by sharing a drink package. You know how it gets when the holier than thou croud here gets going. I like the staying CC police. Thank you for the reply.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Even cruiselines that require everyone in the cabin to buy packages would not ever require a toddler to gave a drink/soda pkg.

This post coming from you is very amusing. I thought rules were meant to be followed? Aren't we supposed to just follow it? And Bob's right, cruise rules state anyone consuming a beverage must have their own package there's no disclaimer saying anyone under a certain age is exempt.

Lastly I'm not saying you need to do this James, you'll be fine giving him some of yours. No one will say anything on the cruise.

Edited by Lordnlkon

As I stated it is not required for a Toddler to have a beverage pkg. There are plenty of free options for a little one onboard available for free. 4 yr olds drink Juice, milk & possibly lemonade. I would never give my 4 yr old soda of any kind though I might let them have a sip. So pouring something into a soppy cup is not breaking any rules (actual or imagined)

And yes I follow the dress code but no longer haul a Tux for hubby or formal wear for myself. I don't wear shorts, pool wear or blue jeans in the MDR or anywhere on board after six. I board the ship when I told and have NEVER removed Auto Gratuities. I bought my 8 yr & 10 yr old drink pkgs when they sailed and paid their full share of Gratuities also.

If everyone in society felt the rules did not apply to them or their special snow flakes what a mess the world would be!

Have a safe journey!

I agree playing by the rules is the correct thing, that is why I asked in the first place. On NCL this past Sept./Oct. my wife and I had the free drink package. Our son 3 years old at the time drank the free stuff, juices mostly. I would NEVER remove gratuities, it makes me sick when I see threads on here on how to do just that. We did pay our sons gratuities who again was only 3 at the time and never thought anything of it. On the drink packages I have seen some real brawls break out over giving someone a sip just to taste a drink. People need to relax.