Sabor cover charge

Solidgun

So I bought the 3 night dinner package. But at the end of the night there was cover charge for $15 per person. Is that correct?

I've been wondering how that $15 fee to reserve in the cruise planner was going to work.

Just so I have this right, Sabor is still a la carte and you are charged for all the food plus there is an additional fee of $15 on top of that?

Navigator of the seas

Well that is really confusing me now. I had incorrectly assumed that you were on an Oasis class ship as they just added a $15 fee to book through the cruise planner.

On Navigator it used to be a set price for the dinner. Have they switched to an a la carte menu?

I was on the phone with CruisePlanner department today asking about that for Liberty of the Seas. It took half an hour, two times on hold to verify, but was essentially told the new price is now $15 per person cover charge and is NOT a la carte.

For lunch, no reservations required and a la carte pricing. But dinner is $15 cover charge.

Now after having to convince the person that the price was now showing $15 any night (he tried to tell me night one only for "First Night Done Right")... not sure how well I believe him but he did put me on hold twice to confirm. I essentially gave him my reservation number so he could log in and see for himself it was any night at that price.

All this information is giving me a headache so I decided to go to the website and see for myself: boy what a mistake: one part of the website says Sabor is "a la carte" and there is a menu showing that and the dress is "casual"; another part of the website shows $15pp and dress is "formal". Headache got worse so I called RCCL and was told: Sabor is $15pp for lunch and dinner, dress is casual, there is no longer an a la carte menu; they also explained that casual for men is long pants, sports shirt (collard and with sleeves). Well to me, that ain't casual. She went on to say that the information she was giving me "just came out today" and the web site has not been updated. At this point, I don't know what to believe so we'll just wait until we get on the Harmony on 2-25 and see for ourselves. :confused:

We had already booked Sabor for one night during our upcoming Allure cruise on March 12th. At the time, it was $0 charge - with the a la carte menu. Today - I looked in our Cruise Planner, and they want a $15 copay - but still it's still showing an a la carte menu!

We had already booked Sabor for one night during our upcoming Allure cruise on March 12th. At the time, it was $0 charge - with the a la carte menu. Today - I looked in our Cruise Planner, and they want a $15 copay - but still it's still showing an a la carte menu!

Same for our March 11 Harmony sailing.

So you guys have an headache too? Somebody please give me an Excedrin!

Just purchased First Night Done Right and Sabor's $15 deal yesterday. Was wondering about this as we have paid $20 to eat lunch at Sabor's on Liberty before. We'll be on her again in April...I thought we'd use the first $15 pp meal for Giovanni's as the website says they pick the rest. for First Night but you can change it once onboard. And then did Sabor's which we'll use for another dinner after Cozumel stop. Hoping it will be easy to amend this. It's a really good deal if it goes as planned. To facilitate negotiations, I have printed out the print screen from the info on the dining pages.

Just purchased First Night Done Right and Sabor's $15 deal yesterday. Was wondering about this as we have paid $20 to eat lunch at Sabor's on Liberty before. We'll be on her again in April...I thought we'd use the first $15 pp meal for Giovanni's as the website says they pick the rest. for First Night but you can change it once onboard. And then did Sabor's which we'll use for another dinner after Cozumel stop. Hoping it will be easy to amend this. It's a really good deal if it goes as planned. To facilitate negotiations, I have printed out the print screen from the info on the dining pages.

We did the same thing for our Liberty cruise in April - hoping for Giovanni's or Chops the first day - planning to head straight to dining when we board to get it sorted out!

We enjoyed Sabor on Navigator in 2015 - I will be disappointed if the lower cost comes with a lower quality / quantity meal though...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked Sabor for night 5 on our FOS March 18 cruise at the new $15 rate. Seems like a great deal to us. We also got the BOGO deal for the first 2 nights. On FOS there are only 3 premium restaurants (Giovanny's, Chops Grille, and Sabor). The BOGO is only a good deal if it does not include Sabor. Hopefully, we will get Chops and Gios for the first two nights. If not, I hope it is not too difficult to get it switched since we already have Sabor booked for night 5.